Transage Guangqi Trumpchi Empow J16 Yingbao

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Atomic Tofu, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

Ok this one is "awesome" with a lot of warnings lol Love everything about it, except the transformation is PAINFUL... my video is long, but i want to show everything in real time as much as possible to see the actual struggle and pain it is to transform fully this figure. Car mode is SO COMPACT its hefty AF... but solid..... IF you managed to place everything in perfectly the way it needs to be... thats the real challenge... transforming to Panther mode; its notthat complicated, you just stretch and unfold alsmot everything... easy.... going to jet mode: everything will fight against you not to go where they needs to go... but eventually.. it comes together... But... going back into car mode... THATS the reall challenge... EVERYTHING needs to be Perfectly placed, everything.... one time i was struggling SO DAMN MUCH... 1hour not kidding, only because one of the front leg was 2mm stretched out, and needed to be pushed up... thats it... NOTHING pegged into placed because of a 2mm gap... it nearly drove me insane. The transformation is Not fun. Any mode. The quality is good, not afraid to break anything... but the joints on the legs are a bit loose, barely holds the panther mode weight.

But cant deny, its still an awesome figure... but... yeah... Expert Level Transformation... Be Warned!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    You perfectly described my experience of returning Huntpow to car mode.

The entire right hand side refused to lock into place - everything was fighting back. I had to set the toy down, get some sleep and come back to it with fresh eyes.

I returned to the toy the next day, turned it upside down and studied it from top to bottom, looking for anything that wasn't symmetrical. I found one single pivot point that was twisted 2mm out of alignment.

I made the tiny correction and suddenly every single panel fell perfectly into place and locked in solidly.

@Tef is absolutely correct, Huntpow's transformation is the most challenging I have ever faced. But, if you are up to the challenge, your persistence will be rewarded with some awesome alternate modes.

I'm actually looking forward to transforming the toy back into jet mode again! I must be sick in the head! :eek: 

~L~

• Like Like x 1
  3. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Anybody been able to get the front legs tabbed in in jet mode like the instructions say? The front one is just the wrong size, but I managed to get get the back one temporarily in. The ankle tends to get blocked by the armature the door panels are on and the back of the foot gets really close to the trunk of the car.

4. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

Thats EXACTLY the SAME thing i did lol

I never was able to... the sort of pegs under the arms on the back of the doors seems Squares while the peg holes on the arms is thin rectangular so i dont understand how they can peg in... might be doing something wrong... i dunno

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    This thing was a journey, albeit a nice one ;)  Got everything tabbed in nice/tight/clean. I'll work on a video in about a week or so. Might take a lot of edits to get it to go clean though :p 

• Like Like x 1
  6. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    Is there a video showing how to best get it back to car mode?

7. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonder if we will see more characters in this line? The design is amazing and remember the old glory days of Binaltech.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've been thinking about buying this, since I love transformers work quadrupedal robot modes, but I have a question: one of the early prototype shots show the figure in robot mode with two large cannons on the sides, is it still a thing? Didn't see it in any of the finished photos.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    No, these cannons are not a part of the final, finished toy.

4e14cb54564e9258ff01662fd982d158cdbf4ef5.jpg

~L~

• Like Like x 1
  10. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's a pity.

Still, pulled the plug on the kitty kat once SZS dropped the price to 69.99, for that price I think it was a steal.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rath

Rath Well-Known Member

Is this up anywhere else? I suspect this is the video I used to help get back into car mode since I can't find it in my playlists anymore.

12. OllieJN

OllieJN New Member

Thread resurrection.. but I think I found some answers today while fiddling. The square u shaped tabs actually seem to fit around a little peg on the silver join on the leg and not into the body of the leg itself. The spoiler of the boot section folds away to give a little more room to work with.

13. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    Looks great with the other Ravages.

20240426_221143.jpg 20240504_215224.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. Viata

Viata Well-Known Member

Sorry for bump but has anyone found a video of someone turning the figure into car mode? All the videos I found just start in car mode and never go back.

Update: Found a good transformation video but also found another potential figure in Zeta Toys Spacetron at pretty much the same price. Can't decide between which figure so it might just come down to if Huntpow's car mirrors are durable because that's my biggest worry

Last edited: Jun 23, 2024