Trans4mers Rumor Mongering Begins: Jason Statham to Feel Shia's Shoes?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Master Fwiffo, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

This is classic. I should slice together an edit of that.

2. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

"Do you think Statham has what it takes to step in Shia Labeouf's shoes?"

ummmm ....a monkey with a lobotomy could do a better job than shia

3. kiko315

kiko315 Well-Known Member

Jason Statham for TF4? this is bad comedy...

looks like OP and the rest of the goody Autobots will be out, leaving the Wreckers... and the movie title will eventually become....

Transformers: Death Race

and if Megs lives, then his new alt-mode (a rust-bucket of a Mack Titan tanker truck) makes sense...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  4. Vicalliose

Vicalliose Well-Known Member

Jesus, can't they just wait a while? I thought the movie continuity was going to end with this last movie anyway. They want to pick up where they left off?! And Jason Statham?!

Leave it, it's over. Proceeding to add to the already low end plot, especially like this, is only going to serve for people getting tired and pissed off. Crap, this is going to turn in Shrek 4 level degradation isn't it? I don't care about the Bay films being badly written anymore, just so long as it stops now! Because chances are, if they want to make another movie this quickly, DJ Caruso is the next choice. Don't tell me you want that! Hell it could be worse, maybe the joke about Paul W.S. Anderson could come true.

This is bad... Worse than Michael Bay bad, please God let this be nothing more than a horrendously bad joke.

5. mullexwing

mullexwing Skyfire strike team

possibilities

My son said after DOTM, "well Megatron is dead, I guess there can't be any more movies." I said, "wrong, enter Unicron, he changes megs to Galvatron and all the decepticons with the goal of stealing the Matrix of leadership." My son replies, "that doesn't sound very realistic."

I had to try and breath a little after all my laughing.

But in all seriousness, Unicron, Galvatron, and all the decepticons from around the world that were launching the space bridge, (that weren't in Chicago.)

---and Jason Statham, I love his action movies, but......is he planning on showing off his acting skills...................?

6. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I personally want to see a reboot, and think James Cameron would be ideal to direct that reboot. Although I'm going to assume you'd want Frank Miller, going off your own writing style.

7. decepticon222er

decepticon222er Predacon

HELL YES PLEASE! Imagine seeing transforming animals? o_O  and hollywood already has the talking animal thing down. :p 

I know its a rumor, but it would be awesome if Statham came in, but it would need to be a REBOOT!! :D 

8. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

If Jason stathom is the lead for the next transformers... I'm gonna lock myself in room and light my toys on fire and go down in a blazing glory with them. Dear god... Any movie he does is nothing but a... "hey look at me... Aren't I cool guy?" I personally can't stand the guy.

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nah, that's James Robinson.

10. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Elsa is my spirit animal

Rumors for the next movie in a franchise are common and are often full of BS. After The Dark Knight, there were TONS of rumors on what the next movie would be about because it was a hot topic at the time.

Although it's likely false, I wouldn't be opposed to Jason Statham in a future Transformers movie hypothetically speaking. He's an action star, and the Transformers movies have been all about action. I wouldn't mind a good-looking, older leading man.

I do hope that future films can have more substance, though. I actually enjoyed DOTM, but that was after lowering my expectations beyond comprehension after I saw what happened with the first two movies.

X-Men First Class showed that you can have a genuinely engaging movie with an interesting plot and still cater to fans of a franchise.

11. Vicalliose

Vicalliose Well-Known Member

This is what I get for reading to many comic books! No seriously, I've been doing nothing but bury myself in the stuff this weekend.

Honestly I think Cameron would be fine, if not great, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tried pushing one of his annoying agendas in a Transformers reboot. Though an "anti-humans" angle could be somewhat interesting, he'd have to make the humans overpowered.

12. AndreaPrime101

AndreaPrime101 AP101

This would be good for a reboot when Sam's married and has kids if he and Carly wanted to.

13. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Eh. I like Statham but I dont think its a good fit. My gf pointed out that she would watch another installment that had Tyrese and Josh as lead humans.

14. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Well alright then.

15. just1nj

just1nj pro genji

I wouldn't mind seeing Statham at all.

16. Clitsy

Clitsy Well-Known Member

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! HA! I can't believe anyone is actually stupid enough to believe a rumor like this.

17. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    God please.... let the movie franchise get rebooted and have a new director: Matt Tieger, Peter Jackson, Neill Blomkamp, Steven Spielberg himself, or James Cameron...

18. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Statham would be cool in a TF franchise movie, I can see it. His personality in movies is so bad ass... I can see him as a "Transporter" in a "Transformers" movie.

As far as a director, I'd say give it to Christopher Nolan, this guy's got story in that mind of his... "hmmm" (The Dark Knight) and James Cameron & Steven Spielberg for the rest of the technology stuff that's involved in movies...

19. Rycher_Prime

Rycher_Prime Active Member

What???? Are they serious??? Hey Hollywood..I know this is a crazy thought...Why not a Transformers movie with say...MORE Transformers?!?!? Why do they even have to have a big human element? DOTM was awesome.But would have been better if it had less humans.

20. vladimir-pocket

vladimir-pocket Decepticon

News Credits:
    i know its way to early to believe anything but... i have a very large man-crush on statham... and this excites me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.