Trans Craft TC-02 Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Nov 27, 2019.

1. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

That's not QC. That's a design choice to be able to have the weathered not mode and shiny alt mode. Not saying it's a good choice... Like why go for the shiny alt mode and then add the fade on the fenders? *Sigh* I wish it was all weathered or all shiny. But it's not really all that noticable in person, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OstOgBajer

You can adjust the position of the door wings to make it look a lot better from behind and you won't see them sticking out from the sides from the front.

PXL_20210207_143500533.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  3. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    I don't like the weathering on it tho, and the transformation is too simplistic - you just lie it down flat and that's supposed to be an alt mode, lame

• Like Like x 5
  4. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Should’ve added waist joint to rotate 180° in vehicle mode

• Like Like x 1
  5. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Our race was a peaceful one once...

News Credits:
    This. Unlike the other movie verse bots who inadvertently have weathering the instant they scan but have showroom car modes at all times, Bumblebee has always been the exception as 70’s Camero in the Bay movies and as the Beetle in the Knight movie.
    The consistency of the deco on TC-02 is definitely more “toyetic” but the relatively clean alt mode defies the attention spent on the weathering in bot mode and is one of my least favorite things about this otherwise fantastic figure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I really need one of these.
    I’ve said it before, but I really hope TC releases a clean “not weathered” version.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I get what you're saying, but to me, QC isn't, or at least shouldn't be, done just before items are sent to customers. It should be ongoing throughout the development process. In my opinion, if, during that development process, it's noticed that large parts of the product don't match up and it's still released "as is"....that's akin to knowingly shipping toys with crumbling plastic used for hands (looking at you, Toynami). QC shouldn't just be catching mistakes made during assembly. It should also include catching mistakes made during development. The two toned coloration/weathering is a mistake that could easily be made, but also, easily adjusted. And that, to me, is lazy QC.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OstOgBajer

I can't argue with part of what you said. QC is indeed part of the process early on, regardless of if a company has a dedicated QC department, steps, whatever. I happen to be in QE for a rather large company with a serious focus on QC/QE, and am pretty familiar.

But other than that I disagree. Call it QC if you like. But it's really just diminishing the meaning of the term, to the point where you can say anything you don't like about a product is just "bad QC".

I still consider it a design choice I don't care for.

• Like Like x 4
  9. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I won't pretend to be involved with, or even know anything about, industry definitions about QC or QE, so I'm sure you're infinitely more qualified to educate me on what the term means. I'm sure I'm probably simply creating my own definition on what I think QC should be when, in fact, it's something completely different. More often than not, I'm completely wrong (just ask my wife), so I appreciate where you're coming from and what you're saying....especially with your background in the field. Anything I can learn about the process and it's terminology, I'm very appreciative of. I still don't know that I'd call this a design flaw....or, I don't understand how it is. A choice in color, or to be more precise, a weathering choice, doesn't seem to be a design decision to me. It seems to me the design of the toy is amazing. I love everything I can love about it without yet having it in hand (c'mon TF-Direct, hurry up and ship mine, already). It's their choice in leaving the application of weathering...or complete lack thereof...inconsistent, that has me frustrated. I can't stress enough, I love the design of this toy. I love the weathering. By all accounts, the quality and aesthetics of this thing are amazing. That's why it's so...galling...to me. I don't know that I've ever seen anything like it. Is there another toy out there that something like this has happened on?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dunkle

Dunkle The Merch Mercenary

Kinda is giving me hulk buster vibes ngl

11. Dunkle

Dunkle The Merch Mercenary

Seriously hoping they post more news about their upcoming BB Prime, would love to have them both in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu TFW2005 Supporter

YouTube (Old):
    indeed it does, it was his very well protective armor that got TC 02 to us so safely ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wanna see more.
    I passed on Toy Workd’s, didn’t feel very good about Wei Jaing’s, and Aoyi’s just seemed off (while not being able to lift his arms without removing those shoulder panels).

If their OP is anything like their BB then I could be out some $$.

14. Shellformers

Shellformers MisterKento

Really hoping it would be at a reasonable price, around $160 would be ideal.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Update: The hairline crack blew out, and the piece fell off. I've tried super gluing it; the first few tries didn't take, and I'm not convinced the last try is going to stay fixed. Might need to get some plastic-specific repair glue or something.

Of course, the bigger issue is that piece is the main knee connector, and I seriously doubt that it's going to be able to take the stress of that entire assembly now. Ideally I'd be able to source a replacement piece, but Transcraft is a new company, and I've had issues sourcing the proper pieces from ShowZ before for other figures. (Watch them send me just the panel instead of the complete knee assembly and expect me to pin/unpin the damn thing without breaking it.) I think I'll wait for the glue to set and play around with it before I put in a parts request.

Anyway: that entire knee assembly is not a good design! You have a bunch of lateral stress from the large ball joint behind the knee, and other connected panel joints, all focused on a single tiny hole -- which happens to be positioned off-center so that the plastic around it is even thinner than it should be. It's possible that the tab itself is a stress point (there's at least one other tab on this thing I had to shave down because it literally wouldn't fit at all), but if you screw it up, then it won't peg at all. As I said before, the stress crack happened without warning -- though it's telling that it happened on the side I tested flexing the knee on (guess I'm never using those knees again). I don't really have a recommendation here, just a warning that this will probably be a failure point on other figures as well.

EDIT: OK, I have one recommendation: in case it's not obvious, the knee panel doesn't peg onto the leg -- it's actually the reverse. By which I mean: even if you have the knee pushed all the way down at the ball joint, you have to move the leg up into it to peg properly. Since we already know that the ball joint causes stress on the hole if it's twisted off-axis, your best bet for minimizing this is to rotate the entire knee assembly at the ball joint until you see the hole completely line up with the tab, then push the leg up into it.

-XCN-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu TFW2005 Supporter

YouTube (Old):
    I hope everybody who is still waiting for their TC-02 has had a chance to view my vid and at 28:24 I explain this area in depth...no issues for mine so far.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    My impressions now after having this guy for a week are overwhelmingly positive! I removed most of the alt mode dirt using pure isopropanol and I'm happy with him more now. Both modes look great, but the Transformation itself is pure gold. It doesn't feel risky now I've done it a few times, much more robust than my TE Bee. He's my favourite Bee toy I own along with Toyworld's WWII TLK Bee! IMG_20210208_143957_690.jpg IMG_20210208_143957_704.jpg IMG_20210208_143957_721.jpg IMG_20210208_143957_735.jpg
    Note, I broke a tiny handle piece off from his left chest side but it's not a biggie, I might glue it back on.

• Like Like x 18
  18. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Damn almost a whole week since I got tracking and mine is still in shanghai...

19. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchus

News Credits:
    Instagram:

• Like Like x 4
  20. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Quick update: the glue fix seemed fine until I tried inserting the foot cover, then it snapped off clean again. I have (theoretically) stronger glue coming tomorrow, but the odds of it working are pretty slim, given how much stress is placed on that part. Went ahead and filed a replacement part request with ShowZ ... but since it's CNY, odds are nothing will happen for at least a month.

Wondering if I need to track down some plastic welding glue now ...