Trans Craft TC-02 Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Just got mine in from ShowZ. Initial impressions are that he's a rough transformation; I had to reference 3 different videos to get him in and out of alt mode. Lots of tight joints, thin plastic, and clearance and alignment issues. You may have noticed that all the joints are friction based, which makes aligning tabs extra tricky, especially if you're not 100% sure what the correct orientations look like. I also had to shave down one of the tabs on the hood, as it had a bunch of extra plastic that was completely keeping it from tabbing at all.

I need to put him through his paces for a bit. He looks good (or as good as that awful weathering paint lets him), and it's impressive that he transforms at all. I'm just not sold on it being fun to transform yet.

-XCN-

• Like Like x 1
  2. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu TFW2005 Supporter

YouTube (Old):
    Nooo.....I was going to try and make a review vid in 2 days...I did't think you needed to shave anything. After work every day for a week, I would spend an hour or so transforming him back and forth so I could do a decent review vid with transformation and he's grown quite intuitive, just a little complex, but not much really.

3. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Mine arrived this morning. Overall I'm liking it, but it's not as great as I'd hoped. The proportions are bit off, as others have said - altho I don't think it's THAT bad, and it's still only second to the non-transforming 3A/ThreeZero in terms of accuracy. IMO it's the upper arms and the lower legs and feet that throw it off; the upper arm is too long, and the lower legs are actually chunkier than they should be for the rest of the body.

The only things that actually bother me tho are the knee joints; they should have had another hinge further down so they could push back in on themselves; as soon as you start bending the legs, they just stick out ridiculously in even quite relaxed standing poses. The other obvious issue is the panels which end up under the feet; there's no clearance, so those rub the plastic quite marvellously on whatever hard surface you're standing and posing the figure. As soon as I realised they were just going to get wrecked, I just took them off.

The weathering isn't stellar but also isn't so bad; I'm not going to be up close inspecting it every other minute of every day. It's more a bit odd that the parts round the chest weren't weathered (as others have pointed out). More than that tho, I just find the detail around the "stomach" is disappointing; its looks quite slapdash, like they just got bored sculpting those panels and decided some lumps and a cog would do.

Transformation isn't "fun" but for me that's not an problem per se (especially as I only tend to do it once and back, then it lives in bot mode forever). It's all a bit fiddly and all the rest of it, but nothing too outlandish - and mine did tab together properly etc with a bit of work, so no complaints there. It's all pretty ingenious (as is regularly the case now with 3rd party stuff).

Those complaints aside, I do like it; it has close-to-screen accuracy while also being able to transform, which are the two things that matter to me. It's a shame the proportions aren't a bit closer - just shorter upper arms would be the thing that makes the biggest immediate difference there, IMO - but I don't consider it to be outrageous. The sticky-out knee joint and the bot mode sole panels that rub *are* annoying for me, and the half-hearted engine/gear/cable sculpt and detail on the stomach section. All those things should have been done better. I think it's well above average while not being as excellent as hoped, but of all the transforming options now available it's the one that looks most like on-screen Bumblebee. If something better in the same scale comes along, I'd get it, but for now even with it's faults, it's a close as you can get unless you want a non-transforming figure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  5. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Finally got him! So... Really impressed out of the box. Design, proportions, are all great. You can adjust the shoulders for a little less of the gorilla arm look.

Paint and weathering... Ugh. Up close, I hate the weathering. It's way too grainy and some areas it looks like it was applied with cloth (the lines that look like fingerprint marks in some pictures). But on the shelf, two feet away, you can't tell and it looks great.

I haven't transformed him yet... He feels good, but also a little fragile. Like it will require Gunpla levels of care to make sure nothing breaks. We'll see...

PXL_20210203_171027115.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  6. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The pictures makes me want this figure a lot, and now I can look past the weathering for some reason.

7. OstOgBajer

Ok that was a pretty dang neat transformation...

Zeta has nothing on TC!

PXL_20210203_184038620.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  8. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Our race was a peaceful one once...

News Credits:
    Maybe it's the lighting but the fade on the body looks much less intense than it did on mine. The fenders look about the same, though. Does yours tab in and fit flush all around?

9. OstOgBajer

It's just that photo. Cell phone cameras... *Sigh*

Mine sits fairly flush. A little gappage here and there but nothing crazy. And it all feels very tight. Far better than I was expecting. And it fits together better than the first two MPM figures ever did.

If you recall Zeta Pioneer's tabbing and gap issues, this is light-years better.

Edit: oh... But the chest panel in bot mode doesn't seem to like to tab in all the way, but it doesn't really affect anything. Still looks fine and isn't floppy or anything.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OstOgBajer

He also has a perpetually tilted ankle rocker it seems like. As far as I can tell I'm not doing anything wrong. The panels that fold up into his legs and feet prevent the ankles from straightening out all the way. This is the straightest they get.

Just an FYI. I'm so amazed by this guy I don't even care. BRING ON PRIME!!!

PXL_20210203_193928364.jpg
    PXL_20210203_194018298~2.jpg PXL_20210203_194037702~2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  11. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Is there anywhere that still has this guy available? I missed the pre-order window.

12. ghostyurei

News Credits:
    Pre-order Transcraft TC-02 Bumblebee Action Figure Toy
    bababobo is still listing it as pre-order, but shows 8 available. Not sure why it hasn’t relisted as for sale yet..

13. Towelcoat

Towelcoat Active Member

Prime is all well and good... BUT BRING ON SHATTER & DROPKICK

• Like Like x 5
  14. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    They are waiting for second batch. Believe me, I know because I ordered too late and so I'm waiting for that second batch.

15. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    How reliable are they? I’ve never used them

16. OstOgBajer

Just playin' with my phone in a meeting lol...

PXL_20210203_223356567.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  17. ghostyurei

News Credits:
    They offered good service and after sales support for me but I have yet to receive a replacement part for my BMB LS-10 Storm Brawl. It may not be their fault, though. The TC-02 pre-order went really smoothly and I got mine in two weeks in great condition. I'm considering other future pre-orders through them, maybe once I decide which Blitzwing I like best.

18. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    If anyone feels like the range of motion on his hips is disappointing because the thigh details hit the inside of the crotch joint, you can "spread" the flaps on his butt (don't laugh) that make up his roof and it will open up a lot more mobility, especially when he's standing straight. It gives him a dreaded "butt plate", but it's practically invisible from the front and a reasonable sacrifice for some extra swivel in the thighs.

• Like Like x 3
  19. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Baba is one of the most reliable and trusted China sellers. I bought from them on eBay for years and then migrated to their website last year. Never had any issues and a ton of people around TFW have had the same experience.

Show-Z is also highly regarded/trusted. Some people prefer one over the other for various reasons, I shop at both.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

What's the web address?