Trans Craft TC-02 Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Nov 27, 2019.

1. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

This looks absolutely amazing. I worry about QC. Mohican was awesome, but a LOT simpler. Also, I worry about the transformation being so over-engineered that it isn't fun.

Because the transformation on this thing looks nuts.

I really hope this turns out closer to DX9 La Hire or UT Dragoon than TFEvo Hot Fire.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Reygn

Reygn Banned

Sometimes you have to accept a complex transformation in order to get something on this level of accuracy.

• Like Like x 3
  3. hilmanmakhluf

hilmanmakhluf Active Member

I think partsforming are better then fake parts, I like Transcraft's Mohawk which one of his wheels is a partforming. But actually I'm still okay with fake part or fake chest as long as it has accurate transformation, like SS jeep Bumblebee or SS Sentinel Prime, which the actual part of their vehicle still went to their chest.

4. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

While your underlying point may be true, that more complex transformations result in more accuracy, it's absolutely nonsense to try and argue that in every case that's a good thing, or that a consumer should just accept it past a point they find "fun" or even acceptable. That's going to come down to each individual collector's priorities and opinions.

The balance between complexity and accuracy is the dance each of these companies engages in when they try to make TFs. For every figure there is a happy balance, though where it falls can vary on results, absolutely. But TFEVO, for example, is wonderfully accurate. And to get there they completely ruined the toy with over-engineered, inelegant complexity. Compare to DX9's offering, which is objectively less accurate, on the margins, but orders of magnitude less complex by contrast. The gain on the end of relative simplicity vastly outweighs the comparatively smaller loss on the end of accuracy. It's far more efficient.

There is almost no chance this figure is as relatively simple as DX9 La Hire. That's ok, this is a different toy with different priorities. But I, as a collector and a consumer, won't be purchasing the figure if it ends up going too far down the complexity rabbit hole. You are welcome to feel differently, I'm not saying you shouldn't. Different priorities, different approaches. It's what makes life fun. But you don't get to tell me what is acceptable, or what my priorities are.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Reygn

Reygn Banned

Fair enough.

6. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer D&D newbie

News Credits:
    It could end up like Fanstoys Rouge. Solid and pretty well built, but just so damn complex and finicky that it's zero fun to transform. I sure hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised with as involved as this guy looks

• Like Like x 1
  7. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Dudes, I hate (maybe dislike) when physical grey protos are up but no pricing...now fully painted/colored protos are up and no pricing and no ETA. Some companies draw it out too much!!! ;) 
    I'm contemplating buying a statue version just to compare this against.

8. Atomic Tofu

YouTube (Legacy):
    I only ask that you should reconsider...because in the movies, there is a lot of BS and BB in the movie absolutely in no way could transform into whatever mode is which looking as clean as he was....movie magic. This is the physical world. A toy company managed to make the alt mode look good, and the robot mode look accurate, that is amazing work.

• Like Like x 9
  9. alzula

alzula Well-Known Member

In all fairness he is not telling you what is acceptable or what your priorities should be, he said you have to accept complex transformations if you want high levels of accuracy, which is 100% what you said. If it ends up being too complex, you dont have to get it, no one is forcing or judging you either way. I will have 3-4 bees in different sizes and at least 2-3 OP (from bumblebee movie alone) before i finally pick 1 of each to keep. And like you, i want to enjoy my toys, and if the transformations on some are just not fun, ill sell them.

10. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bumblebee clearly cheats a lot in transformations, he literally "morphs" the same way AOE optimus does.
    Plus: when transforming, shatter's wings colors change backwards for some reason.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Atomic Tofu

YouTube (Legacy):
    Hence, when and IF I could afford it, I dump money into these genii who manage to replicate it. When you can trump CGI BS with real world toys, it is awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThoVwj

ThoVwj Well-Known Member

Who gives a sheeit what he thinks, why try swaying his opinion

13. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, most of my movie figures have beautiful alt modes but I only saw them once :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  14. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Oh I saw mine's many times. From online reviews. :D 

• Like Like x 4
  15. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm sure glad I waited because this is definitely the one i'll buy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hilmanmakhluf

Yes, the alt mode looks good and the robot mode looks impressive, but I also consider an accurate transformation. So, seeing that actual part of the car became his legs, when it was supposed to be his chest, it was very disappointing for me.

17. Tetiobot

Tetiobot Well-Known Member

Please, can you better explain the meaning of accurate transformation? Do you mean that all latest MPs (es: mp44, mp39, roadking and to keep on movie, mpm04, UT-R01, R02 and R03, but I'm thinking also to older ones like MTRM09 jazz) have a "disappointing" transformation?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Atomic Tofu

YouTube (Legacy):
    Can't really speak hilman but I'll take a stab and say, hilman likes to have them transform like the movies. Eventhough many if not all of us know, that there is CGI BS, most of the transformations were like exploding bits reforming.

MPM04, no iteration transformed properly besides WJ version (fist/forearms at the front). SS series Grimlock, only 2 versions transformed "properly", horrendous Generation Leader Grim and awesome GCreation MTST01, where the dino feet become the robot arms.

I hate FAKE parts for the sake of fake parts, but when a fake part is a must, it's welcome. :D 

I hope TC sees this post...or pass it along to them. But I think they should make the "weathering" effect like the knees. Might be die cast, so who knows.
    upload_2020-7-10_5-38-45.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  19. hilmanmakhluf

I mean accurate transformation is like Bumblebee's front car that transformed into his chest in the movie and so did MPM3. Like Optimus Prime's front wheels became his ankles, or his front windows and his doors became his chest in the movie and so did MPM4. Like Lockdown's back lamp went into his calf and his front wheels inside his upper arms and so did UT-R01. But I can't complain about UT-R01's fake chest, since Lockdown's chest itself had high complexity transformation in the movie, even at first I couldn't recognize if it's formed by his front bumper. As well as UT-R02 and UT-R03, since we can't find any parts of the alt mode in their robot mode, except Optimus Prime's smokestacks.

20. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Not quite; The flame bits on Prime's chest are supposed to be formed from the sides of his truck nose, but they're faux parts on Challenger while the real truck nose becomes his arms.

AoE Prime's transformation is peak bullshit as far as CGI cheating goes so I don't blame them, but it does fail your test.

• Like Like x 2