Trans Craft TC-02 Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Nov 27, 2019.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Obviously.

I look at how a figure looks and performs.
    My enjoyment doesn't require the consultation of a chart.

Ok, where did that comment come from? Simplicity was never mentioned.

Now, here is the weird thing: I've gotten into this discussion a number of times, and a lot of thoughts - including that 'simplicity' thing - come up, almost word for word. It's starting to seem like a copy and past reply.

It's funny that you bring up MPM's. Look at the figures, and recount the problems with them. Unless I'm mistaken, there are more figures with problems than not.

I'd use it.
    It falls apart. It should be called 'Shatter' if it weren't for the fact that movie already had Shatter.

Likely a combination of materials and hardware.

And here you go. In order for a figure to do what it needs t do plastic has to be a certain quality, thickness, area, etc. That means mass and weight. You will need hardware to support the plastic, and the plastic needs to support the hardware. Then the tolerances, etc. This is engineering. My position is that engineering should dictate the size of the figure, not another figure.

And here we have an OSKO that so far seems to be pulling of TC's toy better than TC. Look at the more cohesive alt mode. We'll see if it falls apart.

Which has been my point.
    I need examples of this.
    Again, I need examples of this. I've yet to see anyone say "I know its a crappy figure but I need it because it's bigger!"
    OSKO's typically come with improvements.

Question: I understand size limitations within a house. I do.
    Now, if you pursue scale and are space limited then does that mean you pass on Titans for space? And would you pass on a 3P / 4P solution if said Titan character was smaller because it didn't scale?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

This. Always wanted to check out the engineering without the widespread QC issues.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Scale is relative to what else is in someone else’s collection or what other figures from the same line are available. It’s only under scaled if you’re going with 3A scale, which some companies have selected. For me those are too big and not as fun to collect.
    That’s way too much to respond to on mobile but I’ll say that yes I’ve seen many many comments that want things bigger just to scale. Some people literally want an MPM-scaled rotf devastator, not caring about how impractical that may be.

And since you directly asked me: yes I pass on figures that are too big like Titans. Part of that is that I am married. I used to have a much smaller space but I had hasbro metroplex AND maketoys Utopia, but I had way less figures in general. I get a lot of studio series scaled stuff to have fun with and carry around and to have a bigger cast and I’m much more selective of my MPM-scaled stuff. Scale is an issue for me since I mainly buy things that are from live action so they need to look right relative to their “real world” mass. There are many people who are WAY WAY more picky about scale than I am, calculating things down to the centimeter based on scale charts and real life vehicles and whatever, and that’s too much for me, but I do want them to at least look right together, or else the collection isn’t cohesive or as nice looking. It’s why I never got leader class dotm bumblebee back in 2011 since I had no need for a bumblebee that towered over fucking Megatron.

It seems your quarrel is with transcraft, not us fans who care about scale. They’re the ones who released a figure that breaks half the time. Also for the record mine is still without breakages of any kind.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

Interested in one that doesn't break, but the OS and weird eyes leave me on the fence.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

Ok fellas, you do realise the *original* TransCraft Bee was too big for 'mpm' scale, right?

TF1 Bumblebee is 5.2 metres tall, while BB Bumblebee stands at 3.5 metres.

There's no way that scale makes sense on the shelves, so just close your eyes, think of England, and bear with the novel ~1:17 scale for Bumblebee figures.

6. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    By MP scale they mean the BB movie MP scale. So BB figures only scale to each other rather than the whole MPM line. If people wanted to scale with the MPM line as a whole, they should be using studio series figures.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

I completely forgot about mpm bb bee lol
    Not the most iconic figure

Did they know how big it'd be in-movie when making the figure? I know it was pretty rushed

8. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Probably not. He varies in size as well as they make him smaller in half the shots. They also made BB Optimus to go with their bee who’s the same as their Bay prime so they seem to be going with the separate scale.

9. Megalotron

Megalotron More ferocious than a deathclaw

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But wouldn't that make all BB optimus prime figures too big then. Seeing as they're all being made around 28cm, I think the scale is just different per the BB movie. It's not 1:30 or whatever the bayverse is but something more like 1:20 or so. Technically per that scale TC is too small...

10. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I do the same. If they can sit with bayverse stuff then that's a cool bonus but really they gotta live on their own.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Angry fan

Angry fan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely not. To begin with most BBM OPs we have are bigger than 3A scale, with TW being the same size as 3A and MPM being very smaller.
    Exacly, so what's the problem if most BB figures are the same size as their Bayverse MPM counterpart? Every 3P Optimus is gigantic, and the difference of size from BBM Optimus and Bee isn't that big. So I can't see a 20 cm Bumblebee not going well in scale with any figure

12. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I don't understand this. Anyway Bee is supposed to be tiny. He's only 10ft or so, based on almost every scene in the film. I personally refuse to believe that Optimus is only 16ft tall, that's absurdly small for a truckformer. So I prefer to have my bee be as small as possible next to him, which means transcraft bee fits nicely with the larger-than-MPM-scale crowd.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Black Shuck

Black Shuck Well-Known Member

You are right. I think 3a scale isin't good. A truck or jet must be much bigger than a vw. The g1 scale is quite good for that.
    77BE8F10-0AA2-481D-90B7-C199F6E07991.jpg D6AE7E86-1498-4BC3-B79D-7086949A1196.jpg 0782799A-4CC1-411C-BEE3-62F7DB061BB6.jpg B63E808D-A5E6-4E4F-80DE-D064EFC2106A.jpg

That’s my tc bee with tw prime and sx blitzwing, soundwave. Cars are wj prime, bmb ls07 bee( circa same size as tw and tc) and ls04s. I think they scale well and a bigger beetle will be too big for them.
    DBECE68F-0429-4DDD-BBA5-8DB1F8DE2D0E.jpeg CF590938-AB5C-47C5-8EAE-8BFF5056CA18.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2021
  14. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Angry fan

News Credits:
    It isn't a matter of preference. Optimus is 16ft and Bumblebee is only 10ft, the difference isn't that big and the Optimus figures around there are all 30cm+. The accurate scale is that, it's the one we see in the movie, in the scale thread and with 3A

Those are the scenes which BB was near to Optimus. Being generous Bee is half his height
    And Bee next to TW? He is way smaller here than he was in the movie. And again, TW Prime is the same size as DLX, so if you want *accuracy* BB gotta be DLX scale. But for what I see here ur going for personal preference instead of scale accuracy. I'm just saying this scale isn't as bad as you guys think, I personally don't care bcs my OP is big enough for him

16. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well we know that the Cybertron stuff was all last minute stuff, so I’m pretty sure the scale is gonna be revised when RoTB comes out.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Angry fan

News Credits:
    It'd be nice but I don't think so. Blitzwing wasn't a last minute addition but he wasn't as big as he should be. But many things may change in ROTB that movie is a mistery for now

In anyway, if we're talking about Bumblebee movie figures I believe we should use the scale of that movie. But my honest opinion is that those 3P Optimus Primes should be smaller. Besides MPM and TW (3A), the others are all OS BMB MPM Optimus size. Like wtf LS03 is already gigantic for MPM, Bbm figures should be smaller (not scale accurate bcs we'd have to get SS lol). My personal fav scale is the one from 3A or MPM for BB Optimus

• Like Like x 1
  18. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the LED lights also make the eyes look weird, and I want to see how they look with it turned off.

Really? The Cybertron scene was a last-minute addition?

19. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It wasn’t obvious? I mean with Bumblebee going from a prequel to its own new universe seemed to be a pretty big giveaway. That Cybertron stuff was almost unnecessary save for Optimus telling Bee to go to Earth. It was there to sort of bait Classic Fans and solidify itself as a new continuity.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Optimus and Bee were never together when Bee was in his VW form, so it could be argued that he gained mass when he scanned the Camaro. Also it just looks weird. If you look at the vehicle parts on their robot modes the scale is way way off.
    If you look at the character models up close there are entire body areas that were reused on multiple characters, not to mention the fact that most of the bots were 90% similar seekers.

• Like Like x 1