Trans Craft TC-02 Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Hi Tim, I think my vid went over that? I'm not sure, but I get mine to transform nice and tight.

2. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Checked out the video. Yes, yours definitely seems to come together more tightly & easily than mine. The only possibility I can see is that maybe I didn't position the thumbs properly & they're interfering with the legs pegging in fully against the arms & that's making the alt-mode go wonky. I'll check it out when I get back home today.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Atomic Tofu

YouTube:
    @timcourtois i think too, it might have to do with the puzzle style feet and fold over and in portion

4. timcourtois

You mean with the back of the feet—the way they interlock & fold in? -- That part hasn't seemed problematic.

5. Atomic Tofu

YouTube:
    yeah, sometimes that part can and does go back/in further for most people, but just looking for possible. It's just the front bonnet area and not the top of the alt mode too?

6. timcourtois

Correct. Top of the alt mode goes in fine.

Last night I moved the thumbs as you recommended and then the hood did seem to peg in better! Subsequent transformations will show for sure whether that was really the problem, but it seems like it did the trick. Thx.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alirius Prime

Alirius Prime Elite Sniper

News Credits:
    So I don’t really know where else to post this one, so here it goes. Would anyone be interested in a bee for parts? Unfortunately mine was plagued with that arm issue and it snapped right after trying to transform it the first time. I tried repairing it, but the plastic is just stressed too much. Would anyone like it? Is $60 too much?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Bakarina

Bakarina Well-Known Member

I'll pass. But I won't forget about him. I won't, won't won't wont...

• Like Like x 2
  9. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Why not try for a replacement part from whomever you bought him from?

10. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s funny, I posted in here earlier but thought better of it and deleted it. Even after “fixing” my first batch one, I thought I should try my luck with the third batch. Went with ShowZ, since they have a good reputation and even messaged them in advance to confirm that the third batch wasn’t going to be defective like the first two.

Well, I did not even have to take mine out of the insert, I could instantly see all of the cracks running through the gray parts. Hips, knees, elbows.. So, all three batches are defective, and the vendors either aren’t checking despite all the messages, or are just lying; the latter makes sense because even the otherwise-stellar SZS is offering everything except a return. They gotta know what they’re selling at this pint. “No, thank you, I’m not interested in another pair of cracked hips for my figure with a crack at every single pinned joint...”

• Like Like x 3
  11. Futureye

Futureye Challenge gravity all day, every day.

It’s sad when the desing itself is superion, but qc is so fu***d up. One thing which is more sad is when company x makes a figure which turns out to be poor quality and after the release, if lots of collectors decide not to buy figures from this company x no more, this company x will just change their company’s name to different and after that continues releasing the next figure.

As a result, lots of collectors won’t even notice nothing and more low quality figures just keep on coming...

And this is just a speculation, not a fact.

12. NothingHead

News Credits:
    Well, we certainly teach them all the wrong lessons. Look at me, I received a bad copy from the first batch, witnessed them lie about fixing things for the second batch, then went ahead and ordered from the third batch, anyway. I know I’m not the only one that does dumb things like this; hell over in the Bombusbee Devastator thread, folks are still all-in for a combiner that hasn’t had a single figure ship that wasn’t a blisteringly-expensive, comprehensive disaster on every level. If this is how we act with our money, then who’s going to blame the 3P people for not giving a crap?

• Like Like x 3
  13. RootNegative

RootNegative Well-Known Member

I wonder if this figure QC was so bad that this company changes names. It's so common for 3P, and I really hope we all learned a lesson about not buying figures with known QC issues. This is the first time I've been burned with a "it's fixed, trust us". But I will definitely be more wary about figures I don't trust the quality of. And I'm sure as hell not buying any more Transcraft figures.

I am also disappointed with Show.Z about this as well. I asked them if this release was going to be fixed, and they said it was going to be good. I'm working with them now, but I doubt I'll be satisfied with the outcome in the end. But really it's my fault for not waiting for more reviews of this latest release.

It's really a shame that such a cool figure is such a piece of crap. It makes me think of MP-47, where you just can't enjoy the figure with it the potential to crumble at a touch.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NothingHead

News Credits:
    After five days of rigamarole, which included them finally admitting that they were aware of the problem, I have given up and opened a dispute case against them. They are going to offer you a set of replacement hips (that will still be defective. It seems like the hips are the only parts TC has readied extras of), and if you refuse those then it’ll be a “sing for your supper”-arrangement where you help proxy a sale of the broken toy for them, ship it to the new owner, and they’ll refund you with the profit. Of course, if the item never sells... yeah, no. Start collecting your correspondence screenshots for PayPal.

15. williammmw

williammmw MuderPrimus

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 9
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  16. tfgato

tfgato Felinecon

• Like Like x 4
  17. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look! Clean, glossy paint, with no random fingerprint "dirt" printing! Was that so hard, TC?

Also clever that the design allows a simple swap of the chest pieces like that, without affecting the transformation. Makes me think they should be included with a re-release of Bumblebee as a swap-out accessory, to switch between either bot mode look.

But yeah, after all the nightmare QC reports, no way I'm jumping on board this version.

• Like Like x 6
  19. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    I might get this. I need a CJ for my mpm shelf. Hopefully they fixed the issues, but Im sticking with TE Bee for Bumblebee

20. NothingHead

News Credits:
    At least when he crumbles to bits now, it’ll be slightly more accurate...? Anyway, I guess this is our chance to teach them the correct lesson when it comes to Quality Control and habitually lying to us.

• Like Like x 1