Trans Craft TC-02 Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Nov 27, 2019.

1. GaboCO316

GaboCO316 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Given that my shockwave's arms broke in LESS THAN 12 HOURS I think he's the winner. TC02 still alive and well so

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My order from TF-Direct finally shipped. We'll see when it gets here if improvements have been made to the joints.
    tumblr_oghsl3mSfw1uzae1ko1_500.gif
    *Edit* Will definitely keep everyone posted when it arrives.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  3. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime You Eyeballing My Piece Fitty Cent?

Best of luck, and pls keep us posted!!

4. RootNegative

RootNegative Well-Known Member

Same with me, got a shipping notice from Show.Z. Should be here in two weeks. Hopes it holds up...

5. DaveTheCave

DaveTheCave Well-Known Member

I ordered replacement part from ShowZ two months ago and nothing has come yet :( 

If this had better plastic it would be the best movie transformer ever made, because I didn't even find the transformation that hard.

6. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

Looks like TFSafari just put this one on sale for $109.99. I got mine from there last month and did observe some what looks like hairline cracks in some of the joints, but I've transformed it to car mode twice and posed it a decent amount so far and it has held up. Not sure when it'll break but hopefully not.:confused: 

7. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I decided to transform my copy again, and immediately regretted the decision (left hip, left knee, and left fingers all cracked).

• Like Like x 1
  8. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Everything, right now, shining in hope.

News Credits:
    Would you be able to share where you did that on the figure? I'd like to do this myself.

9. ghostyurei

ghostyurei What is with you?!

Still going strong here. Starting to feel fortunate, and I don't want to press my luck as I appear to be in the minority.
    Has anyone who requested after sales support received replacement parts yet?
    IMG_3962.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  10. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not gonna bother requesting parts. I decided to order the Zeta version instead, it's not as accurate, but it doesn't appear to be plagued with the issues this one is having.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well... it was extensive. I inspected all the pinned joints, noticed that every instance where a pin passed through the gray plastic had at least a minor hairline, and used pin punches and a soft, wood anvil to tap out every pin. It was basically a total, systematic disassembly.

I used plastruct on every hairline, which is meant to seep into tight, pressed-together seams and melt them together. I then reamed-out every pinhole with a micro drill-bit that matched the circumference of the relevant pin. It removed a lot of material, which told me that there was definitely a discrepancy. Hopefully, that will ensure that the pins are no longer stressing the plastic.

Hopefully, drilling it all out should keep the welds from being tested, as plastruct can yield mixed results. I think it helped that I tackled this issue on Bee before I got an actual, clean-through break/split because I just tried to use it on a broke-off joint on my P-X Pluto and it couldn’t take any stress at all. I honestly haven’t tried transforming Bee since making the modifications, but I feel better that I did something and so far, Bee hasn’t disintegrated on the shelf or anything..

Vendors are saying that the newest batch should have this problem corrected, but I’m honestly not 100% sure how they could go about modifying the mold for every single piece to better accommodate the pin. Perhaps they are using a more flexible plastic for the gray pieces? We will have to see. I actually still sprang for another copy from this latest run, since I really like this toy and I feel like if there is a break, I can at least Frankenstein something out of two. If my new one really is corrected, I would be compelled to sell off the one I modified to anybody who wants a copy that is *less-likely* to break.

• Like Like x 4
  12. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Everything, right now, shining in hope.

News Credits:
    I see - gonna just wait to find out what happens then. Thanks for letting me know! Is this an issue only with the grey plastic and the yellow plastic works just fine?

13. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I didn’t perceive any cracks in any of the other types of plastic at the time, but I’ll put it like this: the fact that this issue was so widespread tells me that it was probably an issue that stretched all the way back to the original cad file: like, if they decided to use pins with say, a 1mm diameter.. then they either forgot to account for tolerances or clearance or whatever and made all the pinholes the exact same diameter instead of like... 1.1mm; so the pins are acting like a wedge and splitting the pieces. The other possibility is that they misjudged the malleability of the plastic and thought it’d handle the pressure and just result in a tight fit.

Regardless of the reason, what I’m getting at is that when they produced the digital model, they almost certainly made this mistake all over the robot, not just in the gray parts. I would watch all the yellow ones as well, the plastic may be stronger but I would bet money that they made the pin and pinhole fit way too tight everywhere.

This is also why I am slightly suspicious of statements from the vendors (and even not from Transcraft themselves) that the problem has been fixed. Either they are saying that they went into the cad file, adjusted all the tolerances, and then produced brand-new steel molds, or they ordered an entirely-new batch of totally-different plastic that can handle the strain.. or that they added another step to the manufacturing process where somebody is going in and reaming out all the pinholes on every component. We all know that the molds and tooling can be the most expensive part of producing toys, with labor and materials being right up there. This is the third run of this figure and unless they are planning on producing this guy for a long time, I don’t see them taking a massive financial L when the known, catastrophic defect hasn’t harmed sales even slightly. I’m sure they’re nice people, but nobody is that nice.

• Like Like x 2
  14. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Sorry, but UT's Nero and Dragoon exist!

• Like Like x 1
  15. rasky

rasky Well-Known Member

Ay, this should have been the figure of the year for me but all the hairline cracks have soured me on the figure. I really hope Transcraft will make this right by sending replacement parts to people who bought earlier runs of the figure.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

I just dropped a bundle on 3P figures. If not for the QC issues he would have been in the pile. I am hoping that the matter gets fixed else I'll have to look elsewhere.

17. Bakarina

Bakarina Well-Known Member

I see this is on sale now at TFsource but is it from the new batch or the first one with all the problems?

18. MotorMeister

MotorMeister Well-Known Member

Mine is from second batch, I believe (got my preorder 2 weeks ago), and has those hairlines everywhere on the gray plastic joints. No breakage so far however. I am trying to be very delicate with this figure.
    Also considering securing the cracks with Tamiya Exttra Thin cement. Not sure it will affect the plastic in any way though. Anyone tried this?

19. RootNegative

RootNegative Well-Known Member

Where did you get it from? Per Show.Z, they just got the "3rd" batch in and mine should be here in about a week.

20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    The pins are too big or the holes too small, either way, the plastic is not elastic enough...

Has anyone tried heating the pin holes to release some of the stress?