Trailers Show What Lockdown is After

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Tessa is not half Cybertronian. There is nothing supporting that fan theory.

2. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I'd like to see 3 planted facts supporting this theory. I find it ridiculous this theory exists in the first place.

3. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

Orrrrr it's just a money shot and Lockdown (or whomever is piloting that thing) is trying to draw the autobots out by causing as much carnage as possible.

Which seems to be the case, since we also have lots of shots of Bee and Prime both rushing through the floating/dropping/lifting remains of boats, buildings, etc.

4. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    There are numerous nods towards transformers animated. #1 lockdown as a character, he is mostly known from animated. Megatron's head in the lab will take over galvatrons body. More hints. The robot dog in cade's lab. Sari in animated had a pet robot dog. Cade is an inventor. Same as sari's father from animated. Cade is a single father. Tessa has no mother. Another thing. Besides finding optimus prime, why else would cade be involved with the autobots after that. There has gotta be a reason they are going after tessa. I'm telling you right now she is half and half.

5. intothematrix15

intothematrix15 Banned

Honestly, I don't think it has anything to do with Megatron dying. If it did, then wouldn't they have put a bounty on Optimus Prime after the first movie? Sure, Sam did it, but Prime was the one who would have been held responsible in Cybertronian terms. Think of it like this - If it is Unicron, maybe he is badly damaged like The Fallen, and perhaps he needs to hire Lockdown to rid of Optimus before he comes. He may also have Lockdown suck things up with his ship too. Think of Lockdown softening up the food for a baby (Unicron). The second way it could be Unicron, is a simple choice - he needs The Matrix gone. He fears it. Would be cool if Lockdown fails to destroy it with Prime, and maybe Unicron hires Galvatron afterward.

6. Decepticons

News Credits:
    This.

7. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't help but feel there's something within the building. Otherwise why would the thing even start sucking it up?

My guess is the technology that created Stinger and the other human-made Transformers, this is where they originated.

Though I must say most of these theories have made me laugh a lot.

8. Decepticons

News Credits:
    True, but that doesn't mean every aspect of the show needs to be incorporated into the movie.

Whatever that robotic dog is, it's there to symbolize that Cade is an inventor. It could also, possibly, be a reference to Sparkplug. But, I do not see how that's a fact supporting your theory.

Except she does. Or, did. Cade mentioned in a television spot that Tessa's mother passed.

How about because a government agency came to his house, interrupted his quite life and is hunting a desperate alien robot? Cade probably feels bad for Optimus, hence why he's helping him. Also, Tessa is accidentally captured by Lockdown when he captures Prime. So, in order to save his daughter, he does along for the ride.

9. samurai drift

samurai drift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let see prime kill Sentinel, Megatron and fallen well that must be one massive award fro capturing the leader of the autobots

10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Alright, I understand that there are multitude of nods to Animated but that does not automatically mean Tessa is half-Cybertronian. It was said his mother died: the reason why Cade is single. Cade is involved with Optimus because he's the one who found and revived him. Also, Tessa got captured with Prime and if Lockdown is after Tessa, why is he interrogating Optimus in his ship (at least that's what it seemed like). The same counterarguments the user "Decepticons" posted.

11. Finchfan000

Finchfan000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think its more than Prime. He captures Prime, yet stays on Earth. He even tortures Prime. He is probably torturing Prime for information on whatever he is really after.

My theory is that he is after Prime, but he also a collector of items/weapons. He probably sees something worth chasing (Galvatron perhaps?) and decides to stay on Earth to pursue it.

12. spmack

spmack Active Member

If Lockdown is after a human and a transformer, then it would make a lot of sense for him to be after Tucci's character or the Chinese lady that created the human controlled transformers. Also bare in mind that Tucci character is also seen with Cade, Prime and Bumblebee while they're being chased.

Say he originally came for Prime and discovered that these 2 humans had created what to them is essentially "life" and take into account the the allspark is all but gone, what self respecting bounty hunter wouldn't snap them up while he had the chance and then sell them to the highest bidder.

13. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    his bounty is optimus prime, he was hired by the decepticons, end of. has been confirmed.

maybe he has other personal interests though. like getting hold of stinger's transformation gimmick to 'upgrade' himself with.

14. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

What if cade just happened to be there and pick up alice in rotf??? Hes supposed to be an inventor right ???

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He's just here for Optimus.

The real question of the day is who hired him and why?

16. intothematrix15

intothematrix15 Banned

No...just...no...1) Cade said she had a mom who passed in childbirth. 2) She was trapped inside a car that Optimus fell on when Lockdown shot him. 3) Why in the hell would Lockdown want her anyways?...

17. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Think about it, why would Lockdown give a f@ck about Prime and not kill him in their first encounter when he easily could have?

Prime is guarding a secret that Lockdown has been hired to find.

In other words, Lockdown is after something which only Optimus' knowledge can lead him to.

MEGA SPOILERS

My guess is that the answer to Prime's question in the trailer, "Who sent you here?" is the Chaos Bringer himself. This allows him to indirectly impact the film and set up the remainder of the trilogy. It is not a stretch to figure out what he's after.

18. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Isn't it clear? Lockdown is after the Matrix in Prime's chest. With that you can revive any Transformer you want.

19. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

You keep saying this, but instead of providing a link to said confirmation, you tell everyone to just "look for it on the main page."

I just poured over 8 pages of frontpage news and found nothing at all to support what you're saying.

So, provide a link to this confirmation please.

20. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    FFS :banghead: 

there is a recent picture of a bio for lockdown's saying that he is a decepticon bounty hunter and that he works for the decepticons, going as far as saying how many credits they owe him. it's hardly my fault if you haven't been paying enough attention.

there is also (from many months ago) a leaked video clip of optimus prime's final speech before he leaves earth at the end of the movie, i.e. the shot from the trailer where all of the bots are stood around looking at him, where he says "THERE IS STILL A PRICE ON MY HEAD, BY STAYING HERE I WOULD ENDANGER YOU" hence why he leaves earth etc etc. If you missed that one, you really need to pay better attention.

"ON MY HEAD"

If there is a price on someone's head, that means there is a bounty on THEM, nothing else.

it is not

"THERE IS A PRICE ON THE MATRIX IN MY CHEST"

not

"THERE IS A PRICE ON SOME SECRET THAT I AM GUARDING"

please stop the pointless speculation that goes against footage we've already seen of the movie. you may as well be speculating that grimlock's alt mode is a cucumber.

oh and on the topic of explaining the obvious, unless you have put yourself in a blender and tipped yourself over the news feed, it's 'pored over', not 'poured over'....