Trailer summary (highlights, ratings, reactions and overall expectations)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by daniel 97, Dec 7, 2016.

1. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It been over a day now since the first teaser trailer for the latest movie dropped. Once again it delivered the usual amount of M.Bay kinda stuff - explosions, key moments from the movie, main cast, etc. Undoubtedly it was a great experience. The cinematography, the narration, the music and everything was exceptionally well put together. If I have to summarize the overall reactions I'll have to use this picture
    [​IMG]
    and maybe some were more like this
    [​IMG]
    What is your opinion on the trailer? Did you like it or not, and what exactly/which aspects of it.
    Me personally it got me by surprise a little bit. I have to admit that the highlight (biggest of them) was Optimus fighting Bumblebee, which irritated some fans and pleased others. I've watched a lot of other reactions to the trailer as well and many people actually feel a little more confident, even some of the critics kinda feel "in the middle", like not totally unimpressed.
    If I have to be completely honest I'd give it a 7.5/10. As I said before it is a good sign that it felt connected to the previous movies and while it all might still turn out to be bull shit, I have hope that this time it will be different, in a positive way!

What about you guys? What are your expectations after this trailer - low, medium, high?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  2. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For me, Bay never disappoints, and neither this will. Really looking forward to this... HYPE

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lord Person

Lord Person housequake!

News Credits:
    At this point i do not expect that much different besides maybe a more coherent story. We're five movies in, we should know what to expect, take it or leave it I guess.

4. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

fwiw my dad:

'i saw that trailer during the game? i didn't know what the hell was going on but anthony hopkins is in it?! who is optimus prime & do i have to watch the other films to know what's going on in this one?'

• Like Like x 2