Tracks has been noticeably absent in recent lines.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Basketball Jones, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

The name "Tracks" was not used in any segment of the Unicron Trilogy.

The G1 character, along with many other Autobot cars, did not appear in Classics or the continuation of the line with the Botcon 2007 set.

The character was omitted from both the movie and the subsequent "Allspark Power" line.

There is no sign of Tracks in Transformers: Animated to date.

Tracks was not even a part of the Robot Heroes line, where other less-popular G1 characters have appeared.

His last appearance was the "white box" Tracks in an Alternators assortment in 2006. A Tracks figure, possibly a recolor of another mold, may be in store for Universe/Classics 2.0.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I wouldn't mind a Universe Tracks, though I would be a little miffed because of the kitbash that I did using a Cybertron Excellion. Not my best work, but, it's one of my better kitbashes so far. If they do give him an update, I hope they save him for a later run of Universe, as there are some other characters that I personally would prefer get updated in the first installment of Universe (the 4 other Combaticons come to mind). Also, for all we know they don't have the rights to the name, but, they could just but Autobot in-front of it. Yeah, a couple of fans would get mad over it, but, it's not a big deal imo.

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    lots of characters were omitted from the movie. There will be sequels.

lots of characters havent appeared in Classics or Robot Heroes. The line is coming back this autumn.

Tracks didnt appear in G2 or RiD either, along with tons of G1 characters. I'm not sure what makes him different from any of the others.

the fact that he appeared in Alternators should be more than enough. We didnt even get Bumblebee for that line and he's infinitely more popular

4. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Tracks was a pretty unpopular G1 character. I can't think of any Robot heroes who were 'less popular' who got a toy so far.

Look at the series 2 losers:
    Grapple/Hoist are losers
    Skids is a loser
    Red Alert is a loser

Only Inferno and Smokescreen seem to have come out of the second string G1 cars with any staying power.

I think track's fatal flaw is he *IS* a corvette. I think he is too tied to his alt mode. While Inferno can be 'generic red firetruck' and Smokescreen can be 'generic sportscar', Tracks is 'Corvette'.

Pretty much I think all of the original G1 car cast gets preference before they go for second string G1 characters.

I would love to see a Robot hero of him. Not to sure about a Classics, as his alternator is as close to perfect as he will get.

5. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tracks can't be anything other than a vette, and we got a really nice alt for him.

Plus, they aren't done with those little robot heroes figures either.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think there's something to that. It would be interesting to see where that whole situation would've gone if the early plans to make the Dodge Viper Alternator into Tracks had come to pass. That said, a Movie-related Tracks seems a potential candidate, assuming they remain tied to GM vehicles.

We have layed the groundwork for breaking another character away from a too-specific vehicle mode, though admittedly a more popular Autobot. You know the one I mean, starting with "Bumble" and ending with "Volkswagon Beetle"

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Alt version is good enough, but I'd dig a Universe version. Certainly though, there's a ton of other characters I'd like more.

Movie Tracks would probably not resemble the G1 version in any way, and considering his design is the only cool thing about him, I wouldn't give two shits unless the character got a serious overhaul rather than maybe 1-2 overblown cocky Harvard guy lines.

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say Tracks will make an appearance in TF2 (Reasoning: Bay said "Cool" bots will be in TF2. A Corvette with flames on the hood is a cool car...). When I'm wrong, it will be like any other day. When I'm right, I expect all of you to put this in your signature WITH date/time stamp.

I agree on the "fatal flaw" thing. It just isn't practical to risk lawsuits because Tracks IS a Corvette.

9. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Get me an actual Robot Heroes Trailbreaker first, the guy has been shafted on enough toys lately as is.
    DN

10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    It is WAY too early to start griping about the lack of Tracks in other lines. Robot Heroes has barely even gotten started, so it's no surprise that he wouldn't be one of the first characters chosen. Same goes for Classics/Universe considering they've barely scratched the surface of what could come. If he still does not appear after several years or consistantly less popular characters are released in his place, then there's a gripe. But at the end of the day, he still got a wicked Alternator appearance, which is more than we can say about far more popular/iconic G1 characters like Ironhide, Ratchet or Trailbreaker.

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep.

If I don't get another Tracks for a long time, I'm okay with it. His blue Alt was indeed perfect.

I want a Trailbreaker first anyways.

12. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

The only thing that'd have made Tracks better would have been wings even if it wasn't possible.

I haven't missed Tracks being absent from other lines. I wouldn't even had thought of him if it weren't for these two threads recently.

13. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I agree that Tracks couldn't have asked for a much better reincarnation than his Alternator/Binaltech version. As one of only two Alts to maintain the same brand of car as their G1 self (Hound being the other, though the military aspect was removed), he practically qualifies as Masterpiece Tracks.

However, I don't agree that he is inextricably linked to a Corvette alt mode. I think any shiny, sporty blue car with flames could work as Tracks... if it echoes some Corvette design cues, so much the better. Raven's kitbash from Excellion looks great; I think a repaint of Classics Rodimus could work almost as well. To me, Tracks is most notable for the striking looks of his robot mode: it's the blue body, white helmet (with almost knight-like visor) and unique red face that do it. As long as that were done right, I think there is some leeway with the alt mode.

As for whether he warrants a new version based solely on his characterization/personality.... eh, that's up for debate. He's a pretty one-note character, but then frankly that describes most Transformers. I'd like to see a Universe or Robot Heroes version of him, but it won't seem like a giant gap in the line if he never gets made.

14. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It would be nice to see him in Classics with a decent "winged car" mode.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Really? I dunno... even as a kid I thought the idea of a flying Corvette was kinda lame, and I'd honestly be surprised if many of even the most l33t G1 purists would want to see it again in updated Classics form. I mean, fair enough if you like it, I just thought that would be a little 'bonus' most people wouldn't mind forgetting. But maybe that's just because I never really thought of it as being a definining element to who Tracks was.

16. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tracks went back into the closet.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Maybe we'll seen him in Universe.

18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'd disagree on Red Alert, him and Inferno go together and Red Alert has the whole slightly insane thing going for him.

19. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I actually like Red Alert quite a bit as well. He was very different with the whole paranoia thing.

20. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Tracks doesnt have to be a 'Vette... I mean Smokescreen was a heavy lift crane at one time, anything is possible. And the name Bumblebee was absent for years before classics, and he was a way more popular character