Tracking the MCU Infinity Stones

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by MatrixOfWumbo, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

The Heimdall theory is the best out there for the Soul Stone. They should have stuck with calling them gems.

2. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I made some typo fixes and a few other minor additions to the first post. I noticed that most/all of the posters that have erroneous placements of the Stones are based off of the image of Thanks from the MCU Phase 3 promo event from 2014, the first image of him with a completed Gauntlet.

Why do you say that?

3. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

We finally know where the soul stone is( HUGE IW SPOILERS)

Its located on Vormir and guarded by the Red Skull and to obtain it you have to sacrifice someone you truly love

• Like Like x 2
  4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I guess we can close this thread now. right? Unless we want to discuss
    Red Skull being the Keeper of the Soul Stone and if we will see him again. Maybe Thanos will replace him after he got his ass whooped in Avengers 4

5. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Maybe close it when the stones fates are decided?

6. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    I guess I was wrong where I guessed Thanos would get the Reality Stone as one of the post-credits scenes in Thor Ragnarok but instead showed him shaking down Tivan and getting the Stone during Infinity War itself

Also shouldn’t the front page be updated?

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Film Theory came up with the idea that the Soul Stone was actually seen in the post credits scene of Guardians of the Galaxy 2. That scene shows the golden lady and a birthing chamber with a glowing orange stone at the top. She says he shall be called Adam, a reference to Adam Warlock, a character who has been known to possess the Soul Stone in every single Marvel continuity and is one of only three characters to ever possess it. The other two are Thanos who we know doesn't have it yet and Karen's character who just happen be on the same planet trying to steal something, we're told the batteries but if you pay attention to her dialog she never actually shows any interest in the batteries but does mention the Infinity stones. This could mean she was there to steal the Soul Stone from Adam Warlock's birthing pod.

This also fits with the theory that the locations of the stones are spelled out in the name Thanos, the missing letter H, Adam Warlock is also known in the comics simply as Him which is a really dumb name for a super hero or villain, honestly not sure what side he's on cause I never heard of Him before this. His real name sounds far more impressive. Though I do find it weird that an alien has a name so common on Earth that according the Bible it's literally the first human name ever. Can we just call him Warlock?

8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    It’s nice that Red Skull is the keeper of the Soul Stone and all, but I kinda need to how he went from falling into portal to becoming the Keeper of the Soul Stone. Theres clearly a lot that went on that lead to him being there. You don’t just guard the Soul Stone on some mystic mountain because you failed to get it yourself.

9. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    OH FUCK WE'VE GOT STUFF TO DISCUSS BOYS AND GIRLS

10. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I only got out like 20 minutes ago, so let me get my thoughts together first. I have a few edits to make to the "Gauntlet" section.
    Nidavellir! I called this. The gauntlet is dwarven in make, explaining the ornate celtic knot on its guard.

11. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Okay, I made small edits to every section, added one about the Soul Stone, and basically rewrite the section on the Infinity Gauntlet itself.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I haven't seen Infinity War yet... if the Soul Stone was in the movie shouldn't that section in the first post have spoiler tags around it?

I'm not really sure what it's even talking about and I don't care that much about spoilers but considering these other posts talking about it include them maybe the first post should too.

13. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Fair enough. I put a big, all-caps boldface spoiler warning at the front, but I feel you.

14. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I think the implication is that the Infinity Stones have some degree of shared sentience, and the Space Stone specifically sent Red Skull to Vormir to become the guardian of the Soul Stone; both as a curse and punishment to Johann for attempting to claim its power, and possibly because the Stones knew they would be sought out, and thus needed someone to be the Stone's keeper.

15. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    They're definitely connected. Loki uses the Mind Stone to open a gate using the Space Stone via remote, and later in the same movie Black Widow used it to close a similar gate. In this movie Vision can feel the other Stones throughout the movies. I also wouldn't be surprised if Wanda's powers are technically derived from the Reality Stone.