TR wave 3 deluxes in Slovakia + hefty price increase for TLK

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pavol Palat, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    For any fellow countrymen or neighbors -totally out the blue- the TR wave 3 deluxes are now available from the online shop Mall.sk / Mall.cz at very affordable price of 21,40 EUR each (usual deluxe price is 20 EUR, so there is a relatively small price increase).
    Transformers GEN deluxe Triggerhappy | MALL.SK
    Transformers GEN deluxe Twinferno | MALL.SK
    Transformers GEN deluxe Breakaway | MALL.SK
    Transformers GEN deluxe Hot Rod | MALL.SK

They also have the RiD combiners - the Crash Combiners are 21 EUR and the Activator Combiners are 32 EUR (ouch!). The prices are getting a bit out of hand... to get an oversized, less articulated deluxe with crappy minicon for almost 50% more than a deluxe figure before...
    Transformers RID Kombinátor BB a Sideswipe | MALL.SK
    Transformers RID Kombinátor set Strongarm | MALL.SK

There is also a listing for TLK voyager Jupiter (with OP pic as placeholder) and I hope they are not serious.
    40 EUR for a voyager(?!). The usual voyager price is 30 EUR (Dracik stores currently have a sale on the CW voyagers and try to get rid of them for 24 EUR), I understand Hasbro needed to increase the prices and stuff, but 40 EUR for an average family in my country is quite a lot.
    https://www.mall.sk/figurky-transformers/transformers-tra-mv5-voyager-jupiter

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Everywhere is getting a price increase for TLK Deluxes and Voyagers, alas.

The American MSRPs are going from $17 to $20 for Deluxes, and from $25 to $30 for Voyagers.

3. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Deluxes in the UK are now at £19.99 in a lot of outlets.

4. Matt TooFast4U

Matt TooFast4U Needs a life

For a company supposedly making massive profits, Hasbro sure are ramping up the prices a lot.

5. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    The cost of their raw materials must be going up faster than their profits.

6. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    I know the prices are going up everywhere. I know how much the US price is going to go up, I keep thinking about it all the time to comfort me (LOL), but the +5 USD/20% increase of price in the US still does nothing to make stomach the 40 EUR price tag I will most likely see here. The next thing will surely be 30 EUR deluxes... why not. And I am not even starting with the percentage of how much 40 EUR is from the average Slovakian monthly disposable household income.

Anyway, I will suck it up and see how it all develops. Maybe we'll get back to the times of A/E/C trilogy where there were just very few insanely overpriced shelfwarmers just for the sake of having some TFs in store.

7. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for sharing. Sad to read prices are going high there too.

8. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alternatively they are using the unstable economic climate as an excuse to make more money on the sets - given they know kids will pester parents for the sets.

As a sidenote, several of these are re-releases of AOE figures, so they should'nt really be increasing the cost.

9. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably because the Autobots don't try to drop a entire city on them.

10. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Previous titan return deluxes here in dublin are €22.99 thats ridiculous I only bought 3 of them and thats because they were reduced down to €14.99 due to being shelfwarmers. If this is the case ill happily pass on the upcoming movies toys.

11. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Previous titan return deluxes here in dublin are €22.99 thats ridiculous I only bought 3 of them and thats because they were reduced down to €14.99 due to being shelfwarmers. If this is the case ill happily pass on the upcoming movies toys.

12. Rambar

Rambar Stunticon

Anyone purchased the last knight Optimus from the store yet?

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They wouldn't be a company if they didn't.

You don't start slashing prices when you're making profits. Shareholders demand more profits. They want that number to go up, regardless of any contributing factors. The TLK toys are noticably improved from AOE, and even if they cost the exact same to produce, they still need to bring in more money. If Hasbro makes a figure for $5 and sells it for $10 one year, the shareholders will want a profit of at least $6 next year. And so on.

Such is the corperate world.

14. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus 9 Great Demon Generals progress: 3/9

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Be glad it's only the movie toys getting the price increase.

@Rambar, is that custom dread in your profile pic?

15. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, same here in Hungary, I only found Wave 3 in one place and they cost 29 EUR for the deluxes. Will wait for the webshops as those are cheaper.

16. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I just came home from a business trip to Slovenia and they still haven't received anything past TR wave 1 (I checked several toy shops and Mueller). Meanwhile, we are still drowning in late CW figures here in Serbia (Autobot repaints and such) and the prices are still ridiculous (close to 30 EUR for a deluxe).

Are wave 3 Legends out anywhere in Europe?

17. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

@Black Convoy the post should be under Robots In Disguise 201x,not Robots In Disguise from 2001!Thanks in advance.

18. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Edited, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    That is not quite how business works. One of the goals of a manufacturer like Hasbro is to keep costs down so customers will buy or continue to buy their products. A company with integrity wont raise prices for the sake of more profit. They will try to make a better product and raise the price if the improved product calls for it.

The price hike on Transformers probably come from an increase in their raw materials, plastic being oil based could account for that, or a change in production, like moving to a new factory or getting new equipment.

20. Exinferis

Exinferis Liberate me Ex Inferis!

I don't understand why "Big Business" ups prices so much in a country with (please don't take this the wrong way) a weak economy and poor wages. They're shooting themselves in the collective foot! A smaller increase of a couple of Euro's every year would surely serve them better than a 10 Euro price hike where customers will just say, "That's too expensive, I'm done". Utter madness.

£23.00 in the Entertainer! Which is why I've been buying more from Japan and less from UK retail.

There are no businesses with integrity! Business only exists to make as much money as possible. They're not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts mate!

Ah, the old "oil costs more now" argument! (Despite being at an all-time low) I've heard/read this for most of the last five years of MOTUC production when Scott Nieitlich kept telling us that production costs were soaring so they had to keep putting the prices up because Mattel was haemorrhaging money! Yeah, no. I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. Prices do go up because of production costs, but not at the rate they are and all the while the quality's going down. You know what happened with MOTUC when Scott cried "No money!" and then bumped the prices up? We started getting figures made out of recycled plastic that was coloured black (because they recycled lots of colours and mixed them together in one big vat and black's all that will cover it up) and then painted over with flesh tones... which chipped off. I have several MOTUC figures I don't pose because every time I move an arm or a leg the paint flakes and I'm left with a black mark! That practice soon stopped as the fandom as a whole saw right through Nieitlich's lies! After that prices levelled out somewhat, but we lost accessories, or other paint apps or, in the case of female figures, had articulation removed. None of this benefited the customer, but I'm sure it didn't hurt Mattel's bottom line!

What I'm getting at here is that, no matter which company you're dealing with, they will screw you over in the end. It's been happening slowly for years with Hasbro; a few Pence here, a few Pence there, so slight a change in price you hardly notice. Now they've dispensed with the softly-softly approach and gone all out warfare! Last year CW figures were about £12-£15 depending on the retailer. This year it's £20-£23! That's a hell of a price increase for effectively the same product! That kind of price increase cannot be blamed on oil and/or production costs, not when we're getting more hollow figures than ever before! It's greed. Greed of the company and greed of their shareholders. And they're pushing fans away. That's not a long-term strategy for any business!

• Like Like x 2