TR Slugslinger and Misfire

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a plug swivel at the base of the wings that suggests the correct position for the wings on Misfire in robot mode is straight up. It looks like they have inverted the cockpit (unlike the G1 toy) so he resembles the animation model more now.

I agree the pinkhead is strange as he doesn't have a pink head in any sorce I can find - I suppose it's less glaringly odd looking than it would be if his head was blue and grey. I'd likely leave it as it is and wait and see what Takara does with it then the 2 would look more unique if they chan ge it.

It is a bit odd that the faces are not correct. but I can put up with that like I can put up with the over-long tails on Slugslinger - after all these are supposed to be modified (or new) bodies so there is not reason for them to be identical.

I hope they re-issue Trigerhappy in a previous wave - even if it's just as a random repack as he only stays in stock for seconds in any place that sells them for less than 20.00 so I still can't find one unless I'm prepared to pay a premiium for him.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I LOVE it when they complete teams! Would I have preferd if they where Targetmasters? Yeah sure, but I'll buy these in a heartbeat! Hope they fix Misfires head though.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, these are pretty cool.:) 

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
  5. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
  6. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Considering what they did with molds via CWs line, TR has been quite lenient for the most part (or at least did a better job distinguishing characters who shared the same molds).

I'm likely skipping that BBTS set that includes Metalhawk anyway (since Pounce is the only one I really want ). So mold count will probably bow at 3.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NickSeibertron

NickSeibertron Well-Known Member

Huh. Never really thought about that.

8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I think everyone agrees on Kup = Crosshairs,
    but i think Pointblank should come from Hot Rod too, for the sake of the vehicle mode primarily.
    Sureshot will have to be a new mold i think but they can make Joyride from that mold perhaps, or maybe they can work some of that Broadside from AT magic.

9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Misfire looks nice but...

When will Hasbork allow online retailers to list preorders? You know, since they don't sell toys at Walmart or Target or Toys Rnt Us in my state. Otherwise, they leave alot of money on the table that's just going overseas. If I didn't know better, I'd think somebody there just gets off on showing me stuff that I can't have. Why else would they act like a cartoon groundhog peddling lottery tickets?

Come on, Takara, please solicit some more Legends figures...

• Like Like x 1
  10. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    These look great! :thumb 

2 good things here (generally):

• Triggerhappy is a great mold to re-use
    • Space planes = teh awesome!

I'm also digging Misfire's G1 color. We need more bright pink/red toys like this. Let's embrace COLOR. Your toy shelves look like a bland, white-washed bore-fest. Mis-fire will add some zest! :thumb 

11. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

So we got a pink Transformer and a fembot that has an original mold, yet still no word on Arcee huh?

12. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I like the pink, but I do think painting his head black like the original would have broken things up better. He's kind of a sea of pink right now.

I also do wish Slugslinger had his red visor instead of eyes, but I'll live.

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Both of them are.

There's some hope for people who want the toy faces. They had them in Headmasters. So that's what they'll most likely have, if TakaraTomy does them.

14. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    And if you got Crashbash you finally have a body he won't look out of place on.

I like Misfire's vehicle mode more and Slugslinger's robot mode more. I wonder who will be the first person to give Slug an acid bath to make a custom Energon Slugslinger?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I'm really happy To see we are getting the full team. It'll still be odd though if the Headmasters line gives us all the Decepticon Targetmasters without full figures of any Jr Headmasters.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    Good criticisms. :thumb  I honestly don't have a good recollection of the G1 original, and I suppose I'd miss that detail anyway. I'm mostly glad to see something NOT-gray or NOT-black. I'm telling you, walking into a car dealership is the most depressing experience ever: would you like black, white, gray, off-gray, or gray specks? I understand how color can be scary and makes other feel uncomfortable...

But there was a time (the 80s?) when wearing color or being seen with color wasn't the most humiliating moment of your existence.

This new Misfire proudly represents that. Or it's just pink because it's slavish to the original (minus the head).

Optimusfan, your small quibbles are par for the course, right? At some point, you'll need a marker or paint brush. :)  Or you can pay $30+ to have Takara do it right... as they eventually will. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  17. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

No the rumour is that Titanmasters are being replaced by mini-cons/micromasters. Some sort of new interation to the lil TF's power up big TF's. And Hasbro said last year that Titanmasters are the update to ALL master gimmicks. So they've already made all the targetmasters into headmasters. Save the ones that came out already, Scoop, Spinister, and Needlenose.

With a little creative remolding you can easily get two of the Headmaster junior's as deluxes. Horri-bull from Skullcrusher and Fangry from Doublecross. And if the rest of the Monsterbots get made Squeezplay from Repugnus.

Naw dude Pointblank is a futuristic sports car like Hot Rod, and shares a lot of his elements. Including a fin on the rear of the car. Sureshot is a dunebuggy practically identical to Joyrides. That's why everyone is saying they should share a mold. As for Quickmix, you forget Hosehead.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
  19. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

...and with this reveal, I just ordered the Mastershooter Targetmaster 3 pack from BBTS. While I'm a bit annoyed these are Headmasters rather than Targetmasters, I will at least enjoy them more having their Targetmaster partners.

20. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice enough. I wish they had remained Targetmasters (same for Blurr, Scourge, Hot Rod, Triggerhappy, Kup) but it is what it is. We really need a new deluxe Cyclonus in this line, he'd fill out the 1986 movie "new" Decepticons and the 87 Targetmaster assortments both at once. Funny how this line will have given updates to several different G1 "assortments" (going on the pack-in catalogs that came with the toys): 1986 Autobot cars, the three Decepticon triple-changers (and Broadside "completes" the Autobot triple-changers, even if they don't revisit Springer & Sandstorm), 1987 "basic" Autobot & Decepticon Headmasters....

As for Takara releasing these two, anyone else expect a 3-pack with Triggerhappy?

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 1