TR Slugslinger and Misfire

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks like both have a differing transformation from Triggerhappy, despite sharing leg parts. The chests are the underside as opposed to the top/canopy, and the swapping of front and back vehicle chunks appears to be excised on these.

Both look decent, though I'm not crazy about the heads/faces on either. hopefully the finals look better, but if not, there's always ... other Titanmasters.

2. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very pleasant surprise! I saw Misfire's head and thought he was Ferak, but otherwise I'm happy to see Slugslinger and misfire with new toys.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm thrilled that we're getting both of these. Misfire's alt mode makes me kinda sad we don't have a Club-like entity that could take advantage of it and redeco it into a bunch of different Pretenders (the alt mode fits the vaguely Cybertronian jet/hovercraft-type thing that more than a few Pretenders used).

I know it's an old complaint going back to Triggerhappy, but I really wish Hasbro didn't apply the Headmaster concept across the whole TR line. I'd rather not pay extra to get actual Targetmasters separately, but at least these are getting made, so it's a tiny annoyance that I can deal with.

4. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

*Sees Misfire out of Triggerhappy*

CALLED! IT!

• Like Like x 3
  5. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It is just me but when I see misfire headmaster, I see headmaster from animated....

• Like Like x 2
  6. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    both have the moving the shoulders down the body gimmick that Triggerhappy does and both seem to share the same back of the torso in robot mode. Upper arms and elbow look the same too, same colours as the upper legs. I can't see them clearly here but I think the hands and feet are the same colour in each case so are likely to be on the same sprue and identical.

7. Moonminer

Moonminer Moonminer

That misfire is a MUST BUY. Due to the involvement with IDW of course... Gonna grab him and Krok

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both look great.

9. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I still would have preferred that misfire be a repaint of Topspin and Slugslinger be a completely new mold in order to give each figure in the set a new mold but it kind of makes sense that they are all made from the same mold. They are the seekers of the 87 line And that triggerhappy mold is the best TR deluxe figure they have done so far so I say bring it on.

So that makes Slugslinger in wave 6 with a possible Crosshairs, needle nose and night beat to Follow? If you believe the current rumors.

10. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Having zoomed the photo and got Triggerhappy out, I'm now certain the hands & feet are the same and on the same sprue as the Titanmaster's upper legs. (Grey, Black, Grey)

Hip, thigh, elbows, shoulder ball joint & Titanmaster body are on the same sprue and shared with Triggerhappy (as presumably are the waist rear and knees) (Grey, Grey, Grey)

Lower legs, Titanmaster lower legs, arms & face are on the same sprue and shared with Triggerhappy (Dark Blue, Purple, Blue)

Interesting there look to be new side of chest hinges, for the moving shoulders, and hinges on the back of the body shared between just these two ( Purple, Blue)

11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Happy to see more guys using the engeenering from triggerhppy

12. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

I'll be giving his helmet and guns a coat of black for sure. But these guys are bought on sight! (he says, hoping they ever see light of day on UK domestic release)

• Like Like x 1
  13. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ya, I kind of like how they make a nice trio team like that. They picked a great mold to use too.

14. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also hoping Misfire gets a black helmet/head in final release, and I think his pink could do with being a tiny bit more red (being picky because I really like Misfire). I think I would have preferred some mold variation across the three, but they do look awesome!It'll be interesting to see if either are in a boxset (i'm hoping not, but I imagine one of them will be).

15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I can tell, they share the legs, shoulder hinges, and possibly biceps of Triggerhappy, but everything else is original between the two.

16. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Brilliant can\'t wait for these, are we getting another wave after the windblade,twintwist, misfire one? Spinister from highbrow, crankcase retool from chromedome?

17. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Fantastic, I want them both.

I hope Takara releases them too; chances aren't that bad considering they appeared in the Japanese Headmasters cartoon as a group alongside Triggerhappy.

18. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    I was hoping misfire wouldn't use the triggerhappy mold since I really don't like the look of it but it doesn't look horrible in pink.

19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you're one of the few people I've heard say that. Triggerhappy's definitely a favourite of the lot.

Anywho, the only shared parts are really just the legs and some structural stuff, so he's not much of a mold reuse anyways.

20. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me they're both okay, I have two criticisms:
    - Misfires arms don't seem to make any attempt of hiding
    - Slugslingers 2 fake cockpits in a line whose gimmick is cockpits and pilots is disappointing and a constant reminder of it.

That said I like Slugslingers overall look.

• Like Like x 1