TR Slugslinger and Misfire

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're overlooking the fact that Slugslinger's visor-less head is based on his cartoon appearance.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

In fiction Misfire had a visor, Slugslinger did not, yes, I recognise that. Why were the toys the other way round I wonder?

3. TransfanG1

TransfanG1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But...but....the flap crease!!!

4. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you took misfire's body and Slugslinger's head and repainted the whole thing purple you would have a cyclonus.

5. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, the Decepticon Targetmasters shared the same character models as Hasbro in the anime. Only the Autobot Targetmasters had toy based character models in The Headmasters.

Miraculous Warriors, Targetmasters (Part 1) -Rage Quitter 87's Cartoon Coverage
    IMG_2773.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you surprised? Things have been like this ever since the show replaced Bumblebee's visor and mouthplate with an actual face.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Oh right, I forgot about that.

Or replaced Ironhide and Ratchet's everything.

• Like Like x 5
  8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will be getting these for sure.

9. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see him all the time at Walgreens with his other wave mates

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Lucky you, I've only ever seen that wave once and Triggerhappy was already gone.

11. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

These are samples. If you look closely, on the misfire sample, one titan master has black legs the other pink. I'm assuming these aren't final colors so we may get a black head misfire

• Like Like x 4
  12. badlander86

badlander86 Expendable Tactician

I love this. Triggerhappy was all by his lonesome. its weird. I got Triggerhappy along with Kickback some time ago and while I had a sense of completion with the Legends Insecticons, I felt a bit worried we might have to deal with the same wait to complete the Decepticon Targetmasters. And considering how great Triggerhappy turned out, it seemed to set the bar pretty high. The remold/resculpt of both these figures is excellent. They look drastically different in both robot and alt mode yet I can imagine they all likely have identical transformation schemes which just knocks the whole concept out of the ballpark. I am going to be happy to pick these up either from Hasbro or Takara.

Triggerhappy really was one of the top-tier transformers of last year for its price point. If anything needed a topical remold/resculpt its him.

Who knows, maybe we might get Sureshot from a remold of Hot Rod and Crosshairs from Kup. Pointblank is a little harder to nail. When I think Pointblank, I think of his distinct shoulders.

13. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    Typical comment:
    Who the hell is Roadbuster? :lol  Cause that's TOO obscure, imo. And yeah, you're right about those releases (and my earlier comment is complete hyperbole), but I guess I wanted to highlight the relatively low supply as compared to the huge demand for G1 toys - but yes, that's a debatable point I really don't care to fight over. So you win that potential argument in advance! :thumb 

But what about Generations TANKOR: Explain that. You know, it could very well be that they are throwing darts... Cause I never hear mention of how awesome Beast Machines was... yet we get a Tankor? Wha??

I know Optimi will keep selling, just like I know you'll own virtually every version of him. It's a sad truth I can be aware of AND lament! I just feel that Optimi products get emphasis and delay these interesting characters, and that, after about 10 or 15 Optimi in my collection, I'm really more than ready to move on (I'm the only one, I know).

TF sales are now overshadowed by NERF, despite the media and gaming Hasbro throws at TF... which is a big deal. The movies spike the TF sales, and then the numbers come crashing down. My comment is that Misfire and his like are a good direction Hasbro should focus on - instead, the focus will be on movie-verse and RID, making these GENERATIONS toys all but certain to be delayed and delayed and delayed again.

What do you call it when a company makes a cool product like Legends Gnaw... then proceeds to make him virtually impossible to purchase? And why should I expect the sale of Misfire to be any different? Or, to put it simply: these are images in a toy catalog, and Hasbro is under no obligation to actually follow through on these images in a meaningful way. When Roadbuster and Trailbreaker and Scoop came out, there weren't so many different TF products on the shelves or in production; now there are. The difference is production priority, and Generations will keep slipping down that list, no matter how much interest we show in these products - that's really where my hyperbole stems from: the abstract idea that a cool product prototype does not represent Hasbro's commitment to the older fans at all. And also how every decent G1 re-make (and you've reminded me, we've had some good ones) are sandwiched between dozens of 1-steps, 3-steps, BB's, Optimi, and other meaningless releases and repaints of those releases... which, I would congratulate Hasbro on, if the sales numbers matched their boneheaded strategy! :banghead:  Do you ever wonder why it took so long to make another Misfire like this? Do you think it's a sudden interest, or that maybe there are internal designers that have been petitioning for more G1 stuff for years? Really, my distrust of the Hasbro marketing machine comes from little tidbits like this (re: Unicron Trilogy):
    Hasbro does NOT embrace the G1 universe like you think they do. The Generations line does exist, but is that because of stellar TF brand growth? Or is it because the brand is slumping? You ever think about that? Could Generations outsell RID or movie-verse? What about 1-steps? So yeah, I said it: not enough G1 effort; RID junk shelf warming. But yes, you're right: these are NOT the first G1 toys Hasbro has revisited, so clearly they are big fans. Clearly. I'm sorry my criticism of a corporation offended you! :( 

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  14. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I don't know why but I keep seeing this weird almost faint black paint splotch on the front of his helmet too. Is it possible these are just hand painted prototypes (really bad in Misfire's case) and someone just fudged up in the paint department for this one Misfire and made his helmet pink and not black like the actual release will?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Un_Chakal

Un_Chakal Anubisbot

Ebay:
    Simply, No.

16. Un_Chakal

Un_Chakal Anubisbot

Ebay:
    No, this is how it will be, have you seen this type of 'mistake' with any previously shown titans return figures? Huge color change? No. His head is, and will be pink.

17. Un_Chakal

Un_Chakal Anubisbot

Ebay:
    Spinister and Needlenose are club figures, already released. Why a new scoop? Just get the old one, he's good.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Plus this Misfire is very badly painted.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Misfire looks nothing like cyclonus though.
    Triggerhappy would be the best basis for a cyclonus retool.

20. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh... no. The black on Misfire's head is the same on the Titan Master's thighs. There's no difference.

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that the pink head doesn't match the show. Poor accuracy is Misfire's speciality.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2