TR Legends on ebay from China: fakes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Canbot, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

fake.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Honestly, because they weren't factory perfect, doesn't make them fakes. Still legit, just not the ones coming to US stores.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I've had many QC errors with TT...some stuff broke right out of the package (Prime Unicron, being one). They use the same QC as Hasbro...all they do is strengthen tolerances occasionally.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blueshift

Blueshift Bloop

I still can't believe that there's a company who are not only stealing Hasbro CAD files, but making proper metal tools faster than Hasbro at the same quality, using the same paint apps and maps and also have hold of the same packaging. And selling it for a lower price plus free shipping from China. And doing it all quicker than Hasbro. Also only making legends.

I mean what's the end game. Lose money?

Unless we are being severely misled as to the cost of making these figures and it turns out each toy only costs Hasbro 10p or whatever.

Personally I think it's far more likely that they're seconds or early run (the example with the Chase instructions on the Roadfire). I mean, if someone has a pile of those that explains how they can do them so early and afford to sell them cheaply as they're basically zero cost to the seller. And why there are so many with obvious QC issues like no heads and duplicate parts.

5. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

So what's with the influx of Legend Hardheads I'm seeing on Ebay? No outer box....selling for $25 with FREE shipping.

I'd really like one.

6. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    That's sorta where I am on the whole thing. I don't want to dismissing what evac is saying, because it could be true, but god it's hard to believe and it just doesn't make sense in my head.

7. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...welcome to the freewheeling world of east asian contract manufacturing, where almost anything goes as long as you have the production capacity and sieze the opportunity swiftly...

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Toys made in Vietnam but sold in China?

9. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Well my Seaspray came in from China in the same yellow tape wrapped styrofoam block.

The toy, like my China sourced Brawn looks fine but the card is cheaper paper stock, too glossy and once again has Gnaw's tech specs.

This one's probably a fake too.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    A tiger? In Africa?

11. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

So my Generations Skrapnel showed up. I don't know if I can put up pics directly on this site, but I aim to do so just to get your opinions. I bought one of these a couple years ago in a Toysrus and ended up selling the toy, but I have a pretty good idea of what it looked like both in package and in hand.

The first thing about my ebay purchase (take a look at my earlier posts for that info) was the bubble: it's only glued down on the bottom edge. The sides and top have no glue, only two staples on the top of the bubble border. That's the first I'm I've ever seen staples on TF packaging, at least since I got back into it. There's literally no glue, tape, nothing on the sides.

The packaging looks a little washed out, but other than that, it looks quite legit. No misspelled words, nothing blatant.

The toy itself shows a bit of the same paint issues my 'legit' version had...mostly, the yellow paint on his chest wasn't too sharply applied. This one too has that fade. The biggest visual difference appears to be the purple plastic used, especially noticeable on the arms. It's like a duller, matte purple from what I remember. And definitely different from Bombshell and Kickback...but hell, these three don't really match in the best of circumstances so who knows. That's the only thing that comes across the eye at first glance.

His sidekick Reflector, however, looks exactly the same as my other one: shiny black 'lens' piece, and nice colours.

I think that the staples might be explained by what other's have written here, with the fact these may be seconds...using the partially opened shells on packages to stuff the seconds back in? Funny note also about how the Canadian province of Quebec is still on the packaging...odd considering this came straight from China.

Anyways, I haven't even pulled him outta the package yet. More to follow!

Anybody else get theirs yet?

12. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    I live in dunedin new zealand where alot of choclate is made for cadburys (not for much longer corp greed) now with the choclate what happens is the defects just get plucked off the line, now i assume you all knew that part, now what happens next is the factory allows the workers to buy the product that is defective, then it gets sent out as pig slop after that.

there is a good chance these people are being allowed to buy these ones that have defects off the factory floor, now defects could be anything from bad packaging e.g bad bubble, wrong card, printed poorly, to having something else wrong with it incorrect pin size placed in, wrong paint.

now from what ive heard more oftern or not the issues are with the packageing, so many of these toys go past them that they oftern dont look inside the packaging, this leads to us getting two right arms and so on... if its a color/ colour thing its normally picked up.

oh for you who want to know the QC at the cadburys factory is done before its wraped up lol

13. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've now got a Hasbro Seaspray from a UK importer as well as a dodgy Chinese eBay one: The Chinese one has the Gnaw stats on he back of the card but the Hasbro one shows Seaspray's.

The quality on the fiogures is subtly different, it's hard to put a finger on what's wrong though. The rotors come off easier on the Chinese one and it's harder to transform, the chest does not want TF on my Chinese one, so going from opened up in hovercraft to closed in robot and vice versa.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  14. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OMG didn't know this :confused: 

I bought all my Legends from Amazon, think I'm safe. By the way, current Legend collection is pretty good!

15. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I bought both a Chinese and retail Seaspray and did notice moulding differences in packet. The retail Seaspray had much sharper moulding in spots like the top of the thighs at the hip. I'll do photos soon, it's pretty clear in hand.

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 1
  16. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

Pigs get to eat factory reject chocolate? I'm jealous of pigs! :eek: 

17. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Don't have a seaspray from a reputable source, but let's just say I can't rule out this as a KO even without a comparison

Dips in the moulding

IMG_5074.JPG

Bad paint

IMG_5075.JPG

Dips

IMG_5077.JPG

Bad surface finish

IMG_5078.JPG

Mismoulded ballpeg

IMG_5079.JPG

More dips

IMG_5080.JPG

More dips

IMG_5081.JPG

Very visible mould line and differing finishes

IMG_5082.JPG

There is also flashing which I have removed, more dips, and just general finish issues

So yeah I can't say if this is a KO or some earlier mould test or any other number plausible explanations, all I know is that it doesn't hold up to what I've come to expect from the line on a technical level, even though everything functions fine

Do what you will with this info

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Well, my Bumblebee and Kickback were bought at retail, my first three Gnaws were bought from a third-party Amazon seller and came in European packaging. Brawn, Roadburn and Cosmos were bought from a seller at B.O.T.S. in the Netherlands that also sold me Deluxes Perceptor and Topspin, Leader Six Shot, and Unite Warriors Devastator. Brawn doesn't seem to have any of the defects of the "KO" from the comparison pics.

My Seaspray was bought from German importer Actionfiguren24 and seems legit too.

Phew!

19. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    image.jpeg

"Say it ain't so............" ;) 

20. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopathâ„¢

News Credits:
    If you're buying these, make sure to check the desciptions. For example

New TRANSFORMERS IDW HASBRO TITANS RETURN BRAWN With Box in Stock MISB | eBay

Now the title of the states "New TRANSFORMERS IDW HASBRO TITANS RETURN BRAWN With Box in Stock MISB" So it looks like it could be legit. However the first line of the description states "This is CLONE Ver." I would not be surprised if people checked their purchase pages for something similar.