TR Galvatron remold

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by hendrijr, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Energon Megatron would be a perfect retool from Sky Shadow. Including the head.

Galvatron... I'd LOVE a Marvel colored one. Maybe he could be retooled into Straxus.

As for Apeface and Snapdragon... They could be unique molds and then be retooled into Optimus Primal and Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    That's my suspicion - we have limited slots left in TR, an it's basically a certainty that wave 5 is Blitzwing and Octane, and the sketchy rumor is that wave 6 is Snapdragon and Apeface - I could see Apeface being either a remold, or Alpha Trion-to-Broadside style parts sharing with Galvatron.

I'd be into a toy-grey repaint as an exclusive or something at some point :) 

Or lose the Headmaster gimmick and give him a smaller gun and a premium paint job in Platinum somewhere down the line...

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

That's because in Japan he was always called Galvatron. Energon Megatron was Super Link Galvatron. Energon Galvatron was Super Link Galvatron General. The series was originally produced as a Japanese Anime so technically speaking, he looks so much like G1 Galvatron because he was always intended to Homage Galvatron.

Anyway, Megatron's colors were based on the G1 toy while Galvatron's colors were based on the G1 animation model.

Also I don't know why he said Armada Galvatron. I literally just told him it was Energon Megatron. If we were going to get a repaint of anything as Armada Galvatron it would be the Combiner Wars Megatron mold. We got an Armada Megatron out of it and Armada Galvatron is just a pink and white Armada Megatron. I never understood why Armada Galvatron has the same color scheme as G1 Arcee but that's pretty much what he is.

Anyway, I think it would be kind of cool to see a TR Galvatron in G1 Toy/Energon Megatron colors. Hopefully they would actually paint the headmaster Purple on that one which they should of done with the original... but maybe it was intentionally so you have to buy the repaint to give him a proper head.

4. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i'm going to make a hypothesis using the Thrilling 30 line as a template.

T30 had:
    8 Unique Legends molds and 4 redecos
    15 deluxe molds and 7 redecos
    7 unique voyager molds and 2 redecos.

so far in Titans return we have seen
    8 Legends molds with 2 redecoes
    11 Deluxes with 3 redecoes
    5 Voyagers with 2 redecoes

with these numbers im expecting:
    2 Legends redecoes
    4 new mold Deluxes
    4 deluxe redecoes
    2 new mold voyagers.

5. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    for what it's worth T30 was before we had widespread Parts Sharing (pretty much a new classification as of Titans Return, with things like Chromedome sharing hands, thighs and guns with Blurr/Brainstorm and Highbrow and Scourge sharing the internal slide mechanism and a few extremity bits, PM Prime borrowing Magnus's shoes and guns) and the type of reshelling we saw in Combiner Wars (ala Streetwise and First Aid having every vehicle mode piece replaced around the same core)

basically, what i'm trying to say is, i think they have more options for the kind of cost savings that they seemed to formerly rely on repaints for.

(also, without going out an comparing, T30 seems an anomaly in the fairly limited number of redecos/remolds)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I'm curious why TR Galvatrons Tank treads are painted purple and not just molded plastic of the color purple? It seems odd.

I wonder if that is due to its mold mate also having treads, but a different color?

7. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a Dai Atlas remold of Galvatron.