Heavy/Scratch: TR Galvatron Head...2.0! (Shapeways)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Hot Shot., Feb 20, 2018.

1. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Autobot and N7 for life

I absolutely love this head. I just got mine a few days ago. I love that you have this printed in smooth and clear. That way, if I leave a slit in the back unpainted, I can give him light piping and let the eyes light up.

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate bumping my own thread without any major updates, but I just wanted to say I goofed and was looking at the wrong bottle of mixture. I found the actual mix behind some other bottles and it's still fine. So, I guess Citadel and Createx ARE compatible for brush-painting. They might even be airbrushable together, but I haven't tried thinning it out yet.

EDIT: I tried a mix with Citadel Base Ceramic White and the white won't fully blend with the Createx. So, I guess mixing the two only works if the Citadel paint is a Layer type?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    WOW! I have no idea how I missed this. THIS is the best Shapeways thing I have ever seen. I never like how they all look. This is perfect. I may have to place an order.

4. C16

C16 Space Nomad

How did you make yours come out so smooth? I ordered a bunch of stuff recently from Shapeways, thinking they finally have plastic as an option, they finally have something smooth, but all the plastic types I tried are still grainy trash. I'm extremely disappointed, especially since I ordered your whole Galvatron kit. The only thing I got from them that was good was their smoothest finest detail clear plastic. I'm considering ordering your whole set again in clear because I like the design, it's just that the material they offer sucks.

5. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    Sanding with fine-grit sandpaper, some careful shaving with an X-Acto blade in deeper areas, and a couple coats of paint. This was with the detail/clear plastic. I haven't tried the HP/Professional material yet but it sounds like it's not all it's cracked up to be.

6. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the design man. It's awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Autobot and N7 for life

I have this head and smooth and clear is definetly the better option. I had to go back and re-order the MtMtE Megatron head because I thought that was the best it could be material-wise. So now I spring the extra money for the higher grade stuff because I can't get with the grain.

Also, if you check the 3D view, you can tell if the material is going to be grainy on the material you pick because once you stop rotating the item around, the texture map pops in and it'll show grain if it's grainy.

8. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Thanks, I appreciate the personal input. Think I'm going to go clear from hear on out and only order one thing at a time from new material instead of several items like a moron.

9. Shoujax

Shoujax Well-Known Member

I ended up ordering this but I have a question. How hard is installation and what needs to be done to the base figure?

10. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    Installation is easy. You take the pelvis apart, which is two screws, then take the screws out of the shoulder pads and pull the torso apart. It's just a swap and reassembly from there.

11. Shoujax

Does that mean you remove the titan master port as well? I’m guessing it slides right in there. Do you also have to cut away the Hong are where the mask was?

12. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    You completely remove the titanmaster port/mask assembly, no cutting required. The transforming neck unit replaces it entirely.

13. Shoujax

Yes I inspected my own figure after I posted this. Honestly I have a feeling this is exactly how they originally intended it anyways. If you would like while I am assembling mine, I can happily record the process or take pictures to help further this marvelous kit. You deserve all the praise for the Ingenuity and creativity that went into this. Thank you very much for this kit.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    edit: I figured it out lol

These bits are awesome, thank you for producing them! I really wish I had some of those little model files. I've always passed them by at the hobby store, but they really would have improved my final results with the face. I'm gonna hit it with a little low gloss polymer to see if it fills in a little and gives it a tiny bit of shine to match the rest of his plastic.

Looking at these pictures really makes me want some arm fillers now... anybody seen a set for him on SW? :) 

DSC_0099.jpg DSC_0100.jpg DSC_0103.jpg
    DSC_0108 (1).jpg
    DSC_0109 (1).jpg

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 7