Heavy/Scratch: TR Fort Max upgrades(including ramps, towers, and wrist and arm guns)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Wackimus Prime, Sep 21, 2016.

1. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is awesome

2. Wackimus Prime

Wackimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'll give it a try. I was running to work when I did it yesterday. I'll post picks after.

3. Wackimus Prime

Ebay:
    Here is a link to the parts on Shapeways. Thanks.

Transformation Station by cyonker - Shapeways Shops

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wackimus Prime

Ebay:
    Thanks

5. Wackimus Prime

Ebay:
    I also designed some parts so you can attach just the waist guns from a g1 fort max. They're available if you're interested. You will need to drill a hole in the center of the round, painted silver, exposed part of the tower in robot mode. It's the place where the guns should be. The hole is a quarter inch. Once you in stall the parts the guns will just pop on and off. Make sure to reem the hole enough so that the part pulls in and out easily. Here's a pic of what they look like installed IMG_3599.JPG .

• Like Like x 1
  6. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Your link doesn't work. What is the username or product name to search for? (Definitely interested in that cannon mod, as I like the Titans Return tower and want G1 guns)

7. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks great, I don't own a G1 Max though so hoping the 3rd party kit scene gets on this soon.

8. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Would you mind explaining just how these all work?

How you took off the original Titans Return ramps, and how these G1s connect.

Also, how stable is it all once connected? Can I keep the new G1 ramps connect securely once they're on?

9. Wackimus Prime

Ebay:
  10. Wackimus Prime

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Wackimus Prime

Ebay:
    To to take off the original titans ramp, unscrew the back of the shoulder. There are four screws holding it together. Two are at either side of the back shoulder plate and the other two are at the bottom of the upper arm. When you unscrew them the arm will slide out. Take care to make sure to reassemble the arm properly. The notched collar should face front and back, otherwise the arm won't turn and you'll need to tear down and rebuild.

Once the back shoulder plate is off, use a flat-head screwdriver to push out the pins holding the ramps on. Pull them out and set them aside. The original ramp is now detached. take the adapter and line it up with the holes and push the pins through. Make sure the they are on the correct side and that the protrusions are facing forward. Reassemble the arm-shoulder joint, Take the g1 ramp and press firmly onto the adapter. They are a snug fit and do not come off easily.

The titans tower unscrews with four screws. Two of them are at the base of the back. The other two are inside the cavity of the body. You need to remove all of the screws on the back of the torso. This is done easiest by having max lay flat face-down. Remove the back cover. Take care to make sure to note how the push button for the head eject is assembled. If not assembled correctly the chest push button will no longer work and you need to tear down reassemble again.

Once the back is off, you be able to unscrew the remaining two screws holding the waist tower on. Remove them and draw out the waist tower. Insert the waist tower adapter into the opening and fasten it together the same way that the original tower was fastened, reusing the same screws. Reassemble the rest of the torso.

Removing the g1 tower only requires unscrewing four screws in the face of the waist tower. Draw it out and place it over the adapter. Use the screws from g1 and screw it to the adapter. Now you will have a secure g1 tower on your titan.

The red arm, wrist, and leg guns just pop off of the g1. They pop onto the adapter in the same way. Make sure to hold the adapter on the sides when you insert the gun to ensure they don't snap. They shouldn't because I notched a small through-way to allow for easier installation. Once installed they will fit into any 5mm port. If you want the hand guns on the hands you will need to drill out a 5mm hole in the back of the hand. Take care to look at the back of the hand and palm to ensure where you drill will not interfere with weapon holding or get to close to the fingers.

The large Heli-pad/ leg gun, unbolts with four screws off of the g1. Seperate the have and insert the adapter. Screw the gun back together again. Slide the helipad gun from the titans and insert the newly assembled g1 gun. Everything is very stable and secure. The stabilizer pieces are inserted into the back side of the ramp and tab into the 5 mm ports on the arm in city mode.

I also have shoulder adapters a made that pop on to the back of the shoulder without pins. I thought they sat up kind of high in city mode but I could take pics and share those if you're interested in them. Hope I answered your questions.

• Like Like x 1
  12. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Wow! You certainly did. Thanks.

So these parts are available when? I'm interested in the ramp adapters primarily.

13. Wackimus Prime

Ebay:
  14. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Great, thanks.

What color would I want for the ramp adapters? ...it's hard to see them from your photos.

edit: oh I think I see them now....so, white strong flexible & polished?

15. Wackimus Prime

Ebay:
    I would recommend the non polished. The polishing will remove some material and it won't fit as tightly.

16. Wackimus Prime

Ebay:
    Here he is after some painting. I painted the knees white so the legs are all one color and I painted the red block grey in the chest like the g1 toy. IMG_3611.JPG

Here are some comparisons with the g1 Max

IMG_3613.JPG

Here are some with a Titans Fort Max

IMG_3614.JPG

I don't think I'm going to do much more. I will probably paint the small molded guns on his chest, shoulders, and feet red and then call it a day. There's something to be said about the less is more detailing of g1.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow, that is awesome and it works surprisingly well,this looks very cool!

18. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

What's a ramp stabilizer? ....and do I need it to mod the G1 ramps as in your photos?

19. Wackimus Prime

Ebay:
    No they aren't necessary. I just made them so that the ramps interlock with the arms to prevent any lateral movement. The blocks just press into the ramp and then peg into the arm.

20. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Werd.

I'm PUMPED! I've been ALL about the fan modes in the past month or so. (go check the plethora of my posts/creations on it) ;) 

YOUR parts are the cherry on the top for me!

I just bought the two ramp adapters and two wrist adapters.

(along with two ramps for 90 bucks on ebay!) ugh. lol (gonna need to whitenen those up a bit though!)

Anyway, thanks again for your stuff. I'll be sure to bump this thread when it's complete.