Toyworld TWD Dino Combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by triknot, Jan 6, 2013.

1. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Definitely a vastly better face on this than Clumpy. TW seems to understand how to do lips.

4. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

I think sludge looks great but I sure wish the dino tail and neck had flexibility to move.

5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Toy world is really showing off this weekend. Sludge looks great so does grimlock I'm curious to see how much bigger he will be than the others as he kooks quite a bit beefier. To bad with all these reveals they didn't show us their magnus and Megatron

6. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

True that. I HATE when a company teases something, then reveal and release a dozen other things before the teased items.

7. HxiiiK

HxiiiK Well-Known Member

i'm very close to jumping on this set.. but they haven't shown the full combined mode yet, have they? i'm trying really hard to wait till they show combiner pics before jumping on

also look back at the earliest pics, is Snarl in leg mode attached to the foot via the tail? doesn't look like a good place/secure connection to me, since the tail is hardly just hanging on the dino itself and is probably the least solid place to attach a foot and carry the entire combiner

8. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Very tempted, but I too would like to see the combined mode. For Sludge, it be nice if the sword blade was larger. Right now, the hilt looks larger than the blade.

Strange, I haven't seen updates from Shuraking.

9. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    Dam he looks great! Buying this for sure. Those are the most pathetic swords I have ever seen though.

10. ToasterPrime

ToasterPrime Toast maker

Once again, Toyworld is plugged into my tastes for transformers aesthetics.
    Great work guys, you've got a customer ready to buy over here.

11. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Toyworld's dinos definitely look awesome in bot mode. Dino modes are pretty good too, but man I cannot stand the look of their weapons.

12. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    So tw sludge robot coloring is much improved from snarl. Black / silver details. Also more detail throughout. In alt mode the colors are really great again. So if I only cared about bot mode, this would be great for me.

Two problems, for me anyways:

1) the dino head is really not to my taste, shape wise it is too big, and the light piping in the back makes it look like we are seing the inside of the brain... ruins this mode for me.

2). Lack of neck articulation. Columpio just spoils you alot, and this just doesn't feel alive at all.

Some are mentioning the kibble in the back. Personally I find this interesting, as no leg kibble like Columpio, which is very nice, and it's in the back so can be hidden enough, so that is one very nice feature. PX does it better I find still, but that is not g1 and design is totally different.

For the swords / gun, yeah, they all sux, but one can just their own or not use them, so for me, it's doesn't really affect decision. But that alt mode head / neck does, that cannot be replaced, and just ruins the alt mode. I think their snarl did much better in alt mode.

13. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Nice pics.
    As much as I liek him, i'll wait for the reviews. A lesson I learned the hard way when it comes to third party stuff.

14. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Those guys are freaking HUGE and have entirely too much kibble to be workable for me anyway. I do think they look goodish, I like their aesthetic, but they have too much going on in bot mode and it's distracting.

Toyworld does look really really nice and I even like the weapon storage. I just think they look slightly too much like G1 rather than neo-Classics, which is what I personally prefer. To be honest though, at this point I'd say it's highly likely that I'll go with Toyworld for my Dinobots.

15. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    Still not gonna get it, but this one's gonna have a kickass transformation

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I would like to see more from GCreations too. They're slightly more affordable and seem bigger, which is a plus for Sludge especially. I agree that he looks a bit kibbly, but at the same time, very recognizably G1, which I find charming.

Tough call, because the more I see of this TW Sludge, the more I like him (and the less excited I am about Columpio)... and I like the idea of going with GCreations or Fantoys for a bigger Sludge. Dang. Decisions...

zmog

17. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

How does this compare with Columpio? Are there any pics of them together? It looks like this is larger.

18. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I've seen to this point, I believe Snarl's tail is removed altogether for Combined mode, so it would connect to the body directly where the tail vacated. I suggested once it could be part of a weapon, someone else suggest it may be useful as a chest shield. Don't actually know at this time.

From what I've read GCreation is actually a larger company with other products, and Shuraking is their first foray into 3P Transformers. I have no idea how many products they have in development right now. I'm slowly learning not to have too big of expectations of updates from companies, so I won't even bat an eyelid until New Year on them.

1) He is a Dinobot, he has no brain to look into.

As for the Dino leg kibble, personally I would prefer it hanging off the legs then hanging on the wings like that.

I'm not aware of any comparison pics of TW Sludge yet, but there are pics of Roar with Columpio, and TW Sludge should be similar to Roar due to them both being combiner legs. They can't be too different in size. (Sorry I can't remember how Columpio and Roar were size wise in dino mode, I believe Roar is slightly shorter in bot mode).

19. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I would have never guessed ToyWorld would be my go to Dino set, especially with a needless combined mode, but well there it is. Roar is awesome. Is still plan on picking up Fantoys for the MP versions even though I think MP Dinobots are too large to be enjoyable. Toyworld is the right size for enjoyable handling (not you Scoria) and a great quality feel. FP totally fucked up their line with cheap-ass made like crap Columpio every time I see Columpio is get pissed.

20. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:

I agree Columpio's neck articulation is better but it's hardly dynamic 10 degree bend maybe? But have you actually handled Roar? It's a damn sight better quality than the joke that is Columpio I swear to Christ they made him from recycled paper. He weighs nothing two aspirin weigh more and his articulation absolutely blows.