Toyworld TWD Dino Combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by triknot, Jan 6, 2013.

1. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chrome or metallic to stay in combined mode?

9835811F-96EC-461F-AA56-830FE215756E.jpeg
    0CE21813-7DE5-46E6-9160-66088F83BC9B.jpeg D61B289C-28B2-4B0B-9A5B-B0743145EA26.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chareos

Chareos Needs New Omnibots

News Credits:
    Can anyone share a pic of TW Muddy with Siege or ER Prime in bots modes?

3. Rhino Prime

Rhino Prime Active Member

I haven't heard too many good things about this combiner. Does anyone know if TW has changed anything for their reissue? BBTS has the metallic version of the Dino Combiner on preorder and I haven't been able to find any info on this. Can someone please enlighten me? I really like the design here...

Or are there any other options for a dinobots combiner you can recommend?

• Like Like x 1
  4. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this post today.

[​IMG]

Muddy's not too much taller than Prime, but the real wrench is that Studio Series Grimlock is significantly taller and bulkier.

[​IMG]

If you need a Sludge now Gcreation's Thunderous is a bit taller, although he still looks a bit short and a bit lanky (forgive the older photo, but I sold my GCreation dinos awhile back). It's been heavily rumored that the other Dinobots will be joining Grimlock and Slag, so your best bet is probably to wait for Hasbro to get to Sludge.

Your options are ToyWorld/Zeta, Gcreation, and Hasbo (or a KO thereof). Speaking of someone who's owned all three, it kind of depends on what you want. Except for Hasbro. I didn't buy any upgrade kits, but the aside from Swoop the Power of the Primes Dinobots were bad on their own and they combined into something with just awful proportions (but stands roughly the same size as most of the other PotP and Combiner Wars gestalts)

[​IMG]

As for the other two, well...

[​IMG]

They both have their pros and cons. They both do a lot of similar things, like the same limb configuration, Swoop's wings on the back, gold toes and gold claws on the tips of black fingers, etc. I personally like the dino head on Toyworld's chest; it looks more like Grimlock transformed into the torso, whereas GCreation's looks more like Grimlock wearing the other dinobots. ToyWorld's also scales better if you have some of the older-style 3P Combiners like either of the Warbotrons, the various TFC combiners, Unique Toy's Ordin, MMC's Feral Rex, or GT's Gravity Builder. The individual bots are all pretty good, except for Swoop (who'd make a better Soundwave). The weak connections in the knees and ankles makes ToyWorld a little unstable, though. Granted, he's not he worst I've owned- he stands far better than some TFC stuff, but you'll be limited in posing. That said, while he's more stable, I think the same is largely true for GCreation, because of how the lower limbs transform and connect. GCreation is bigger- he'll tower over many 3P and CW/PotP Combiners, but he'll scale pretty well with Titans Devastator and Predaking. All of the GCreation dinos are also pretty good on their own, but a bit more toy-style and a bit more fiddly (especially Grimlock). Both combiners involve some partsforming, which I don't necessarily hate, but ToyWorld does it more sensibly with the head, part of the chest/collar, hands, and feet, while GCreation does there's in weird ways (like the head is stored in Grimlock, but then you have a partsforming filler piece for his dino neck mode).

If I had to pick one, my personal choice would be ToyWorld, as it's the only one I kept. But none of them are what I'd call great.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

Hmm, though I've always been fine with a team of Dinobots combining, I don't anyone has quite come up with a Volcanicus design that truly makes me go "Aw yeah, that's the king of combiners".

Maybe Cang Toys more stylized take will deliver.

6. foxracing

News Credits:
    The improvements are shown on the previous page.

Best looking is really subjective but IMHO, I think the GC has the best looking body and TT/Hasbro Volcanicus has the coolest headsculpt if upsized.

FC1ACA40-9D08-41EE-83CC-595809BE3FCF.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rhino Prime

Rhino Prime Active Member

Thanks for the very comprehensive answer. This helps a lot.

8. Moses

Moses Member

Instagram:
    Has anyone else preordered with BBTS before? This is my first time pre-ordering a TF figure and according to their website, these guys are going to launch this quarter. How accurate do you guys think this estimate is? I haven't been able to find any news updates.

9. lordthai

lordthai New Member

The blue eye Volcanicus is the new GS version, right? How do you feel about it? There are any improvement? Is it stable now?

10. foxracing

News Credits:
    Yes it is. The feet are a wee bit better than the Hasbro version. But it fell over in the display case anyway. I’ve since put the PE feet back on him. The Hasbro and TT versions don’t cut it without the PE/TDW 3P upgrades.

11. lordthai

lordthai New Member

Thank you for reply. I found some good feedback about GS version in this theat: TakaraTomy Generations Selects TT-GS11 Volcanicus
    Is it true? Do you agree with this review?