Toyworld TW-T03 Trace

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, May 3, 2013.

1. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    wow! that gold does a lot for his face! just got mine yesterday, no q/c issues that I've noticed, and my mirrors are still on :D 

really like how some of the panels get "hidden away" in bot mode, but the instructions could be a little more clear but they do get you moving in the right direction.

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really, would we count these as voyagers these days? I know the deluxes have all shrunk in the wash, but voyagers seems like a stretch.

But then I haven't bought a Hasbro voyager in a while ;) 

3. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    "Beefy" Deluxes at best.

Trace is the biggest so far and He's smaller than Springer or Rhinox for example.

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Beefy deluxes was how I was categorizing them in my mind. But your point is certainly valid, a Hasbro dlx car doesn't have enough mass to even try to play at this level these days.

But I also understand Hicks' sentiment, when I play with these they feel like what a "Deluxe Universe" style car SHOULD be. Even if Alternity is probably the closer cousin....

5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Yeah agree with motorthing.

6. PudgyNinja

PudgyNinja Well-Known Member

Okay, the more I play with Trace, the more he's growing on me. My main issue right now as that in car mode, I always have a gap between the rear window and the rear side panels. Am I doing something wrong?

7. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

That seems to be everyone.. Not a huge deal, but a minor annoyance for sure.

8. titan

titan Still Vehicon

Sorry if I missed it,

Is there a connector port in Trace's supposed arm mode?

9. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

Yea. Check his legs. They're blue.

10. titan

titan Still Vehicon

^^ Thank you. Just wanted to see how he'd look plugged in to what 3P torsos are available out there.

11. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

It's probably been asked in this thread but does anyone know why the other two throttle bots have a mixed hand configuration, one open fist and the other closed fist, while this one has two closed fist? I really like the mixed configuration. It lets you have the best of both worlds and creates some asymmetry to make it a little less boring.

12. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Which is pretty much what I meant. Yes... they're more expensive, but we all know why you're paying more for 3rd party figures. They still make Hasbro look lazy.

13. titan

titan Still Vehicon

I'm interested to see how Trace will be combining to the torso. Those 2 holes in the chest just doesn't seem like they're deep enough to hold securely....

14. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I got my Trace and Smart Robin at the same time also... and I have much the same opinion. I'm not saying Smart Robin is BETTER, but at the moment, he interests me more. I think Trace will grow on me more slowly as I work out his transformation "fiddlies." I have the stress mark on the fist as well, which happened right away, as soon as I forced the gun into his hand. It needed forcing. It was kinda scary. It's easier now, though. I've also noticed a few stress marks around a bunch of the pin joints, like the posts the headlight panels are on. Not sure if they're just tight or if I did something.

There's lots of tightness all over this figure, which is good... but a lot of the joints are a little TOO tight. I think that's the biggest trouble with my figure. Otherwise, I love the hell out of him.

15. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    It's pretty much par for the course for ToyWorld now i.e. they have great ideas but they skimp on execution i.e. they don't put enough final polish to their products. Still buying their products though.

16. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

After prioritizing or getting several walking tanks, leaders, and fancy figures, I'm interested in getting back to the "roots" of the Autobots. The Orion's, Assaulters, Smart Robins, Nemeans, Ultra Magni, Mania Kings and the like are great, but I need some basic soldiers turning into your average car. The Nottlebots seem to fit the bill. I wasn't initially interested in these guys, because I have no attachment to the source characters, and they seem vaguely chibi (I'm sure in homage to the source characters). But as I've watched some reviews, I've become more enamored with the seemingly elegant way so much of the kibble seems to fold away, and what looks like very good articulation. Still not too keen on the really simple head sculpts. I've seen Aurora at a great discount, and a pretty good deal for Trace, and I'm teetering on the fence.

17. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    ..Grind Rod was on the scarce side, last i looked.

18. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

I'm not concerned about getting them as a set.

19. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how to detach the side mirror from Trace? It is kind of pain in the aXX during transformation.

20. PudgyNinja

PudgyNinja Well-Known Member

I don't think you can go wrong with Aurora. He really is a great figure - a refinement of an already very good figure (Grind Rod).

Trace is a good figure. I'm bugged by the gaps in car mode and while I do enjoy the transformation, it's less elegant than Aurora's.