Toyworld TW-T03 Trace

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, May 3, 2013.

1. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I got Smart Robin and Trace on the same day. I transformed both without looking at the instructions or any videos. Both are neat, but Smart Robin's feels a little more interesting and better executed. Trace feels like they were TRYING to be interesting, if that makes any sense. It mostly works, but the tolerances are just a little too sung, and the joints are just a little too tight for everything to feel right.

Also, I'm pretty sure I did the feet wrong, but I can't see any other way to do it. Gonna check out pics and videos now.

Not trying to bash the figure, I really like it, but the transformation of Smart Robin is just a little bit better.

Oh! I figured out my problem with the feet. that heel piece is on a swiveling peg, that's such a seamless joint between the two pieces I couldn't tell it was two pieces.

2. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just transformed Trace for the first time. Toy World continues to impress me with this line. The mirrors scare me but the rest worked pretty smoothly. The instructions gave me a good idea where to start but otherwise they're pretty terrible. With all the little twists and turns regarding the car hood the instructions for this guy could easily have been twice as long to properly show you everything. My only real gripes are that his weapon storage is a little lame (but does exist and seems for me to work ok) and I wish some of his bits like the assorted car hood pieces would tab in rather than just hold by friction but as it is they are all out of the way and do stay in place quite well. I really have nothing bad to say about this guy. Like the other Not-Throttlebots he's creative and interesting and feels very solid and looks awesome. Can't wait for the next one.

3. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I didn't have any problems with the mirrors. And considering how tight all the joints are on mine, I had to mess around with it a lot to get it transformed, I completely forgot to watch out for the mirrors, but nothing broke.

4. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

with all the warnings about the mirrors, I transformed with without problems, but those instructions really suck. Hate that the gun doesn't fit in hand.

5. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

It doesn't? I've got one of the guns from the Mech Ideas flipchangers, and it was really tight going in, seems like the hands must be a tad small.

6. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  7. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The gun fits into the hand and the vehicle mode storage spot just fine but in both cases it is pretty tight and you have to work it a bit to get it in there.

8. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    The gun handle has caused a small stress mark on the fist of mine.

Also, I store the gun on the bottom of the back of the car but I turn it around so the barrel's not sticking out the rear of the car.

9. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I sanded down the peg for the gun and it fits better now. Also, like the previous poster said, flipping the gun so it points into the car, in vehicle mode, looks much better.

10. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trace no more, enter Throttlebot Chase 2.0! =) (just added some gold detailing)

- Gregg

Attached Files:

11. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Autobot symbol looks great. I think I'm gonna order some solid white symbols with clear backing for this guy.

This figure is fantastic! I didn't have any QC problens with mine. Mirrors and all!

Really fun transformation

12. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the complexity of the transformation and love the end result! =)

- Gregg

13. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    That's exactly what this figure needed.

14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Got mine today and he is quite nice. And not insanely larger than the other two which is nice. I plan on using the Toyworld Throttlebots as the crew for Toyworld Orion's post-war science/exploratory vessel. Now just give us the other three!

15. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trace has two holes on his chest that look to be used for combined mode to attach him to the shoulder/torso, but I'm worried about how secure this thing will be.

We've seen nothing of the combined form, and there's no locking mechanism. Can those two pegs hold up the weight of a large deluxe's mass? There better be additional clips for the shoulder configuration

Grind Rod and Aurora each have a SINGLE peg on the rear of the alt mode how can that be enough for a knee connection? There are no holes for feet, either.

Aurora has ball joints on its front end flaps that can shift like an ankle, but Grind Rod doesn't.

Wish TW would shed more light on this, but I like each guy individually

16. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Both Aurora and Grindrod have additional 5mm holes on both sides of the car round about where the filler-cap is on the real deal that may/may not form part of the connections and Grindrod also has a couple of peg-slots (small) under the tire on the back door that might too.

Having said that I would really like more details on what's to come (don't we always?) and this being the 3rd party forums please spare your typing fingers giving me the "entitled/patience" lecture - we've all read it a lot lately and it's totally not necessary here. I'm not demading anything I'm just really interested in how far off into the future the next Bot(s) are and whether the complete lack of parts and info with the first three is all part of the plan or just hedging bets against the failure of Toyworld to complete the team.

Having fallen in love all over again with the first two having added Trace to the line up I really want this project to get some momentum back and get through the next three in shorter order than the first.......fat chance though I guess. But I really would rather they made these little guys rather than any more of their bigger Bots that have all been mediocre at best (Hardbone and Brainwave....meh!) and are better provided by other Companies.

17. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm still patiently waiting to see their Wideload, he's the one I'm most interested in getting still as he's the only throttlebot I had as a kid and I do so like me some big ol trucks.

18. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

I have all their bigger bots except hegemon. Love em. Specially hardbone, figure is awesome. But having said that their throttle bots are where they shine.

19. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It could be that the connector will have clips that will grasp the limbs on other parts. Like that from FP M3, they have peg holes for the chests, and there are additional clips for the body.

20. victoryconvoy

victoryconvoy Well-Known Member

toyworld really did a hell of a job with this. The transformation is alittle tricky at first, but once you figure out how to do ityoull be more than impressed with there enginerring. I cant wait to see stelth bomber megatron and ultramagnus