ToyWorld TW-H04G Grant Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  2. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Awesome!! All the cannons still flip out right?

Oh and in case you wondered those are dry transfer decals, and have been a standard affair on many master grade gundam kits over the years.

And be careful with them as they are much easier to damage than normal stickers if they aren't sealed with a clear coat, also they can be a hassle to clean if they get dusty and don't have a clear coat, because the dust can get on the slightly tacky (as in sticky not gouache) decal making it hard to clean without damaging the decal.

Without seeing the decals in person, ( because there is a possibility that they added a protective film in between the substrate and the decal itself) those are the things I would be wary of.

Hope this helps, and thanks for the great review as always!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    All of the usual cannons flip out aside from the small hand cannons. Those aren't present, but it's not a huge loss). The Leg, forearm, and hip cannons are all present and flip out.

And the decals seem much nicer than the standard kind used on gundam kits. They feel like actual stickers, just presented differently. I'll keep an eye on them, but they seem like they'll hold up just fine without any additional coating.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're definitely not dry transfers if they can be peeled, intact, off the plastic sheet.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These just gets me more and more excited for their Fort Max.

6. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    It's not dry transfer decals, cause those have to be rubbed very hard. This one seems much easier to apply (not sure if effect is as professional though, but certainly less prone to damage than a transfer decal from the video review)

Man, I sure hope they do Tripticon, Metroplex, and more importantly, Omega Supreme. I know many want Scorponok though, but not me. Grant seems so well made, and the paint app on the other version seems pretty good.

TW really stepping up with this and their astrotrain surprises, quite ingenious of them.

7. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Good to know, now I'm interested in getting some of those stickers lol

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. GotBot

GotBot Titan class

This time we cover 3 things: 1) a few select Toyhax for Titans Return Fort Max, 2) the Headrobots add-on version of the master Sword and, 3) Toyworld's Grant , their version of Grand Maximus and, MAYBE the most accurate?? Check it all out and decide for yourself!