Toyworld TW-H03 Swamper

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by uranusdd, Jun 30, 2014.

1. uranusdd

uranusdd SIXSHOTS

News Credits:
    Toyworld TW H-03 SWAMPER in hand pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Instagram:uranusdd

2. King Kaiser

King Kaiser BEARS!!!!

Awesome but there already is a thread for him.

3. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Greetings All,

I got this guy last week but was overseas.

I've had a change to mess around with him and it is another solid offering from Toyworld. It has a couple of minor issues but I'll get on to that.

Firstly Croc mode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He has a 'cheapshot' mouth gun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

His underneath is very Croc like. No visible robot bits that spoil the look. Part of this is down to a smart transformation.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

His pilot fits in the cockpit easily. Perhaps the least frustrating cockpit fit that Toyworld have done. There's a hole for the legs to dangle through that provides plenty of space for Grax to sit in.
    [​IMG]

Should Grax step out of line there are always alternative transportation methods.
    [​IMG]

Size comparisons with Quadruple U in beast mode.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D 
    [​IMG]

His beast legs have decent articulation but are designed to be short, stumpy and powerful looking like a real Crocodile. His head connects to the body but can be detached and articulation via the swivel joint that also pivots.

On to transformation and the way everything happens is quite nicely done particularly the feet. The entire rear Croc legs become the foot and heel. Here's a before and after shot of this.
    [​IMG]

The front croc arms are removable should you wish.

On to bot mode and he is loaded with articulation. Shoulders can rotate and raise and lower. Bicep swivel, elbow joint and wrist swivels.

The waist can rotate, hip AND leg movement. Thigh swivels and knee joints. The feet are excellent and present plenty of posing option and high stability.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

His back is quite clean and that is for a reason.
    [​IMG]

You can switch around to a robot mode that doesn't head the beast head in the chest. You even unplug his fists and swap them around.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Weapon wise he comes with 2 of each of the below. The two swords are actually separate pieces that combine to form one half of the tail.

Weapons can be stored on the hips of the Crocodile or the lower outside jaw which also doubles up as back holster when using the alternative robot look.

[​IMG]

All in all I found this to be another solid entry in the Toyworld headmaster series.

Hope you find this useful and thanks for reading this.

4. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    An excellent & fun review, thanks for that! :D 

Are his joints okay? And how's the plastic quality, is it comparable to Aurora or Hardbone?

I like his manic grin, seriously interested in him after seeing your pictures. :) 

5. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks.

Build quality is perhaps the best of the Toyworld headmasters to date.

I don't have the throttlebots as yet so not sure how they stack up.

6. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    To put him in the robot mode where the Alligator head is in the back, I am assuming you have to remove the front legs?

7. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review and pictures!

8. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

I wish the croc head was a little longer. He looks a little too "cute".

9. AmonDemon112

AmonDemon112 Demon General

News Credits:
    Thanks for the awesome pics! Really liking this and the other Toyworld headmasters! Hope they do Snapdragon and Apeface next!

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    really wish the green was closer to his g1 self. this green just makes me think seacon.

11. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yes but I think that adds to the differing look. Plus you can use the croc head ports as back gun holsters.

12. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The head/snout just looks too short to me. It looks great otherwise. I'm going to hold out and check out Fansprojects before I decide.

Thanks for the review and pics guys!

13. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    I already have a vid review up for those interested but here's an alternate text version of my thoughts:

Overall build quality

Very good, no loose parts or bad joints at all besides the hip ball joints on the headmaster being a little thin and not quite having the strength to remain attached when you have to rotate the legs at the knees for head mode. But they easily pop back on.

The main figure itself however is near flawless. Tabs together very nicely, all the ratchets and friction joints and swivels are firm and tight. Some joints / tabs are far too tight but it seems that's due in part to a few being a little too thick and to the figure simply being so new. After a few transformations and some light shaving I think he'll be perfect.

[​IMG]

Design/engineering quality

Like I said the headmasters legs could have been done better but they're managable. The only real issue the main bot has is the inner forearm parts that open to let the hands fold out don't tab firmly. They aren't loose but a little friction would have been nicer to guarantee they stay shut. You might nudge em a bit sometimes and create a gap in his arms.

I think the legs on the back of his shoulders could have been handled a little better, maybe if they folded up a little neater or something, as is they at least stay out of the way and don't look bad.

Wish the guns had somewhere to go in robot mode when not in his hands.

Plastic/materials

Very nice, super solid, thick parts, nothing fragile feeling at all. Definitely feels worth the price tag. Pretty much as solidly made as most good figures get.

Posability

Has all the joints you want plus the shoulders being able to raise and lower on their own. He doesn't have a full foot tilt but you can angle the front potion if you want, he'll stand just fine no matter the pose he's in as he's very well balanced.

[​IMG]

Alt mode is of course far more limited though. Front and back legs can rotate at the main joint and angle themselves due to the transformation joints but besides that its just ball jointed feet and the minor swivel at the mid point on the front legs. If you un tab the croc head you can rotate it and he of course can open his mouth.

[​IMG]

Weapons/Accessories

He comes with two nice looking pistols, can be held in either hand or pegged together to form a duel barrel likewise can peg on the rear legs in alt mode.

His lower tail halves split and detach and can then split again making for a total of four blade weapons and you can have him hold as many or as few as you like.

[​IMG]

Final Thoughts:

A fantastic headmaster figure, and while not the most crocodilian-looking alt mode I still think he looks great in both. If you like what you see then he's definitely worth getting.

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's a great looking figure, hopefully I can pick him up one day.

15. BLACKWAR

BLACKWAR Chaos Trinity Decepticon

Thanks for the review, he looks sweet, stoked to have him finally!

You can store extra weapons on the alt mode legs. I believe there are peg holes underneath each croc foot. I'm excited to try out all the different weapon arrangements of everything with all the peg holes.

16. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Well-Known Member

This guy looks good enough that I almost want to spend the $100 or so that I'm sure he's going for...

If only he actually looked like a crocodile. That head for his alt mode just kills it for me.

Then again....I could just pretend he's a monitor lizard or something...not like I've got any particular attachment to Skullcruncher.

Torn...

17. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The issue with FP is that they've gone the tiny route which has worked so far.

For example, Hardbone vs Code works perfectly in terms of size differences. Quadruple U vs Swamper is another one whether the wolf and croc are good sizes.

A deluxe sized Mindwipe will likely work nicely too but a tiny crocodile wouldn't look right.

18. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    I like to think of it this way: Swamper is an ancient dinosaur species that is a distant ancestor of the common crocodile so he's much bigger and has a different snout and fp's (assuming one is coming) will just be a regular average croc; a species known to come in many different sizes from dawww cute n tiny to OH GEEZUS scary big.

19. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Swamper actually looks a bit like the Allicons on Quintessa.

20. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I want this. I'm hoping it'll go on sale like Hardbone did, but eventually I'm gonna get it... it looks great in both modes (all three, really, since there is a G1 style robot mode too) and it's the right size for my collection.