Toyworld TW-FS06 WWI Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OriginalFire, Nov 18, 2018.

1. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks really cool- wonder what it will cost

2. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Well, apparently Michael Bay doesn't know, since he had this alt-mode used in TF5 to represent WW*II* Starscream

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rated X

Rated X Temp Banned

Thats awesone. I think im gonna go all in on these Toyworld old timer studio series. Its about time 3rd party makes a comback for regular scaled figures. (Not MP or Legends scale)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Give me all the repaints of this guy; I never thought I had the need for a transforming Flying Circus, but now I do!

5. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will be buying this.

6. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

"A robot mode similar to his original design remember but with a new alt mode based on a World War I Triplane Fokker Dr. 1."

Yeah, this re minds me too much of this scenario:
    Fokkers.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  7. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reminds me of all the people who kept calling the villains in the Wonder Woman movie Nazis. Wrong world war and twenty years too early!

The Nazi movement didn't even exist yet when this plane was around. Bumblebee has more of a Nazi alt mode than this guy. The Volkswagen Beetle was literally created at Hitler's request.

• Like Like x 4
  8. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    upload_2019-4-27_12-1-14.png

9. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Fascinating how they got all the wings to fold away. Or do they just come,off?

10. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Not sure if I’ll have space in my budget for this when it’s released, but it looks lovely and I’d definitely like to own it. Hope i can.

Love that it’s got several head options

11. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

Transformers Boudoir photos :D 

He’ll be mine, either as a separate release or via Ebay. What a gorgeous figure!

• Like Like x 1
  12. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the prior posts seem to suggest to suggest otherwise. Do we have a reliable source on way or another?

13. Blitzwang

Blitzwang Well-Known Member

People need to research things before spewing out nonsense. Sheesh.

14. octobotimus

octobotimus The figure’s back matters

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ignorance usually outweighs facts...

(Kinda sad to see the whole Germans are natzi’s thing still around... they are gone, and wern’t around before war #2 guys, they were in 1 war, and this plane was not part of it)

• Like Like x 2
  15. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

I just hope the majority of you guys tackle this important issue and defend those poor Germans, rather than, you know, just letting the topic die down. :banghead: 

I'd rather have people be oversensitive about possible Nazi insignias rather than under-sensitive to the Nazi movement in general. Because despite all of this talk about innocent German war symbols, there is a very active Neo-Nazi movement right now, and you guys need to remember that whatever the hell you called the Germans in WWI, they still killed a lot of American and European soldiers.

I wonder if it's a coincidence, then, that Bay chose SS to be a GERMAN plane, rather than a British or American plane. :confused: 

I just want to enjoy these toys for being toys - there's little need to discuss the controversial politics Toy World clearly has no intention of bringing up. But hey, I would also appreciate it if toy companies refrained from using war symbols or names like "Richtofen". While you and I may responsibly digest such things, there are a number of ignorant consumers who will celebrate such things in the wrong way. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:

I completely understand where you're coming from, but, logically, if toy companies were to refrain from using war symbols or names like "Richtofen," they would also refrain from symbols such as the "bullseye" design used by Allied aviators during WWI, and names such as "MacArthur."

17. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I generally dislike the Bayformer aesthetic, but I think it actually works very well for an "old-timey" design like this. I could actually see picking this up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think many of us are just concerned with the staggering ignorance of history that was being displayed in some of the posts. Vilifying all Germans as evil Nazis is a hugely false leap, unless you think we should call all Americans slave traders. The fact that Bay relies on lazy xenophobic stereotypes by giving Decepticons German military alt modes doesn't excuse those stereotypes. There was very little difference between German & American soldiers during WWI, other than which competing empire they happened to be born in.

As for the current Neo-Nazi movement in the US and elsewhere... obviously, racial supremacist ideology is evil, whenever or wherever it appears.

Anyway... toys! I just like cool figures with cool alt modes. And it's neat to see designs using historic/period vehicles. Keep 'em coming!

• Like Like x 1
  19. octobotimus

octobotimus The figure’s back matters

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That has nothing to do with who we are defending nor this toy

And European and American soldiers killed a lot of them.... that argument means nothing

As to screamer himself, think the hands are a tad small, but other than that looks amazing. crazy that toyworlds pulling off these paintjobs

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  20. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Preorders at showZ call this a "Bonus" for those who buy the entire line of the TW old timey series.

Other pictures in this thread have gone as far as to indicate which limbs come with each figure.

I really hope that TW comes to their senses amidst the backlash for a BAF. A lot of fans never completed Transmutate when the figures were $7-12 each, no way am I putting down $350 for a $60 BAF. Honestly I'll just wait for WJ/KBB/MTF to KO the whole set and get three of them for half the price.

• Like Like x 1