Toyworld TW-FS06 WWI Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OriginalFire, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

If this is them drunk, I can't imagine what kind of impossibility they'd be able to engineer while sober.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Guess we don't understand one another then.
    Because Ransack, whether G1 Ransack or ROTF Ransack (which was a nice homage, but a rare non geewun homage) would have made a better WW1 plane than Starscream. And I don't understand why people are still defending the tyrannical geewun behavior that got us to this state of things where everything has become geewun.
    So now geewunners got what they wanted by behaving like they do and if you protest against that you are accused of behaving like they still do. And all the while they still win, because kids will be spoonfed geewun long after the people who made it so are gone.
    All because those people behaved like tyrants and thought that was just normal.
    And they still do.
    Isn't that ironic?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    This is Toyworld desperately buying designs to not go under, after shitting on their designers.

Thankfully, we have now have Zeta.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nutnut

nutnut Well-Known Member

Sorry if this question was answered allready but. Is this going to have a full release or just a build a figure. My problem is i cant get all of these figures and i like this starscream. Defanatly want the bumblebee and eagerly awaiting some pics of hot rod. Also apart from the ones ive mentioned what other charactors are in this line.   

• Like Like x 1
  5. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Not my thing but ...kinda creative. I like the theme of the bit looking the same but adopting different altmodes.

Or comes with snoopy as the pilot!

C91045D6-2EF9-4FE6-9552-5AF228F1F39F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I don't know the politics, I just see a amazing piece of toy engineering.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  7. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

Or another alternate head that’s Snoopy styled! ^o^

The BAF possibility was mentioned in the previous ToyWorld movie thread. But, thank you for confirming it, and the height!

Now, the only Build-A-Figure that I’m ever down for is a Combiner, though Iron Factory’s BAF Ghost Starscream and Sunstorm aren’t so bad. However, I got Sunstorm’s limited separate release from TSource, so there’s also that. Yet, Transparent Starscream remains a BAF... so far.

Still, my guess is that the arms legs will come individually and then some figure is gunna include a limbless Starscream torso... :eek: 

:lol 

If you really wanted to, I’m sure there are folks who will sell the BAF parts if they’re only buying a couple of figures as well.

It’s almost like TW is doing that so that the buyer could recoup some of the costs... or it’s just to encourage people to catch them all... :rolleyes: 

Anyhoo, the ToyWorld Movie-verse thread is over here~

TOYWORLD TW-FS Movie Series

So far, there’s a Drift, Hot Rod, Crosshair, Dropkick and Shatter in development, with the last two presumably not containing pieces of The Dorito Baron.

I was thinking of the G2 Rotor Force’s Ransack, but that’s actually a WWII plane! ^o^

If Magic Squre or Iron Factory decided to redo the Ransack and Manta Ray—or the Cyber Jets while I’m at it, I’d be ecstatic.

Ransack (G2) - Transformers Wiki
    Manta Ray (G2) - Transformers Wiki

Agreed, though, like with Operation Clip, I’m okay with snipping out some of the “branding” for their reproduction. ;) 

Anyhoo...

For whatever reason, this Ransack reminds me of Jedediah from “Beyond Thunderdome.”

I’d be down for a Red Baron x Armada Starscream that replaces the German Iron Crosses with Minicon symbols, but that’s a tad unlikely.

I don’t normally lean towards using Reprolabels, but I would definitely be down for scrubbing away those ephemera for the love of Minicons... if this figure gets a separate release later on.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really. Ransack ended up being a toy-only character so doing a new version of him wouldn't achieve much really other than maybe more articulation, but certainly not in terms of being more accurate; on the other hand, there's not been any versions of WWI Starscream yet. I get what you're saying about yet another Starscream, but I think the whole point of what they're doing here is filling in gaps for on-screen characters that Hasbro haven't done yet. So even if they didn't do Starscream, they probably wouldn't do a Ransack anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  9. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this IS a BAF, then screw them! They’re not getting my money!:mad: mad:Gouki: 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I know.
    They're just making toys based on fiction Hasbro created.
    I'm happy we're getting these altmodes at these prices and sizes even if it is Starscream and Bumblebee again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Wait, is that an actual screen-shot? Does that movie have time-travel too? (Because he still has F-22 tailfins on his shoulders, and he shouldn't be able to have ANY F-22 parts back then)

• Like Like x 4
  12. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Wow... Origami Screamer.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Now you really got me confused...

1. Movie Ransack is a G1 Homage in the same respect that movie Devastator is a homage to G1 Devastator. Sure they changed the alt mode, but they made sure that new alt mode was a nod to the G1 toy. (The wings)

2. The term "GEEWUNERS" is a slurr created by Beast Wars fans in the late 90s to insult fans who grew up with G1 and did not like Beast Wars. It was basically saying "youre an old fart". Now the Beast Wars fans are suffering the same ridicule they handed out 20 years ago from the Bayverse fans and the so called GEEWUNERS are just sittling back laughing. Sure some Bayverse fans also use the term GEEWUN, but it just so irrelevant now. Back when Beast Wars came out, the idea of a reimagined Transformers continuity was considered a radical step. Since then weve had 2001 RID, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Transformers Animated, Bayverse, Rescue Bots, Transformers Prime, 2015 RID, and now Cyberverse. Were getting a new reimagined Transformers continuity roughly every 3 years it seems. Should we make a slurr for the fans of every one of those continuities ? Or should we just let the whole GEEWUN thing rest in peace with the aging fans who created it 20 years ago ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I don't remember seeing this in the movie but it looks kinda cool. Biplane Starscream is certainly odd but nonetheless a neat idea. It somewhat gives me a Hearts of Steel vibe.
    To be frank I almost wish the bot mode had used the pre earth bot mode instead though even if that wasn't quite as prominent.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting a lot of whiplash with this figure. One moment it is a marvel of engineering and the next it is all the parts of Bayverse designs I don't like.

So basically, does anyone know whether this line is closer to studio series or MPM pricing?

• Like Like x 1
  16. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    On the one hand this looks great.

On the other hand, I'm not supporting anti consumer dogshit practises like "Build-a-Figure".

Hard pass if true.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MegaGeek

MegaGeek Well-Known Member

I really like that design alot. I always liked Starscreams Bay design though.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    What if they make an HMS Alliance though?

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheSuperion

TheSuperion Harold, They're Lesbians.

Not time travel - just a shitty photoshop job. That's how little the makers of The Last Knight gave a damn.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

That's a fun alt mode. Still hate the head.

• Like Like x 1