TOYWORLD TW-FS05 Sky Burst (WWI Battleship Jetfire)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jhund, Oct 26, 2020.

1. ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc Professional Malcontent

from what i've understood, it's an EPA requirement to remove and dispose of the reactors from any decommissioned ship before they can be released for disposal (or donation, but yoinking out the reactors doesn't really leave much for a museum). This wasn't always the case, which is why Nautilus and Savannah are still intact (they were retired before those mandates were in place), but everything since has been more or less destroyed in the process of reactor removal.

2. Astaraen

Astaraen 1st mate abord the skyship Weatherlight.

I'm not sure on the removal requirement, you're probably right, but the Ohio class onward were built to be refueled. It's two kids each about the size of a SUV, and they pull the rods and fuel plates straight up and out. The vessel leaves through the same hole if needed. The whole process takes about a year.

3. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If you can’t convey your feelings in type then that’s on you, not me. Write better instead of being an ass about it and trying to make me feel bad.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ShinRa Inc

All of the nuclear ships can be refueled (going all the way back to Nautilus and Enterprise, etc), but it's usually done in the process of a massive overhaul since it's a bit more involved than filling up a gas tank or swapping in a new battery. The EPA or whoever brought the regulation into effect basically forces the navy to remove the entire reactor before it can handoff a ship to another agency/entity (be it to a scrapyard, or a museum/memorial). For subs, they basically just cut out that entire hull segment. Enterprise is the first carrier they're having to process, but the CGNs all had to essentially be gutted to get the reactors out. They basically consider the entire compartment potentially contaminated, and want it removed, not just the fuel. Then they send the compartment to a giant open pit in Hanford Washington to eventually be buried.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TrailbreakimusPrime

TrailbreakimusPrime Well-Known Member

It's Washington now? Last I heard all nuclear material and byproducts were getting shipped to an undisclosed area of Utah and Arizona (on the border). The trains used to even travel through the town I lived in when younger. Military trains aren't hard to spot. Of course the attack choppers that were with it kinda gave it away too. But all in all for a train it was going very slow (about 10-15mph on a track built for cargo trains to go 35-45mph). And we were notified to not go near the tracks from x time till y time. If we did and had no business to be there, detained.

Edit: oops. Forgot, before anyone assumes which person was President incorrectly, it was Hillary ... I mean Bill Clinton. (We all knew who wears the pantsuits in that marriage. While Bill was giving Monica his special Sour Cream. Someone had to run things.)

6. ShinRa Inc

The spent fuel that's actively decaying gets sent to Yucca Mountain. The actual reactor compartments get sent to Hanford. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Yup. That picture above has the reactors for pretty much every scrapped US nuclear sub. And some other ships. But mostly subs.

8. Astaraen

Astaraen 1st mate abord the skyship Weatherlight.

Subs, half a carrier, and eight very misguided cruisers. Also of note, the two reactors that are annually verified shutdown on the sea floor, the Scorpion and the Thresher

9. ShinRa Inc

No carrier reactors in that picture (it's from 2009, and I'm not sure if they've even pulled any of the reactors from Enterprise yet. Seems like they're having a lot of problems and delays figuring out what to do with her), mostly just Sub reactors and the CGNs. Seawolf-575's original S2G was also dumped at sea when it was replaced in the 50s, before ocean dumping was banned

10. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

No, but neither was this version of jet fire. And theres tons of "movieverse" Tfs that were never in the movies. To me this just screams Broadside. How many big ship TFs do we get? They can make it Jetfire, but we have so many versions, why not make it something different?

11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I agree. But the way Toyworld has been going with this line I doubt we can expect them to become creative with the characters now. Looks like they'll only do characters that appeared in the movies for the name recognition.
    I mean, they don't even have to use a non-movieverse character to make the alt-mode more fitting for the character. They could have made this the WWI verson of Depthcharge. But he didn't appear in the movies.

12. Dake

Dake Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we're really going to argue the semantics of imaginary Mass Shifting (which, this is a board full of Transformers nerds, so of course we will), then we need to really argue the semantics. Weight is simply a function of Mass times Acceleration due to gravity (w = mg). Ergo, a change in mass will in fact cause a change in weight. If the mass is reduced, so too will be the weight.

13. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Let's just say that this Jetfire ended up dying, and Optimus is only wearing SOME of his parts, not the whole damn thing. There. Solved.

14. TrailbreakimusPrime

TrailbreakimusPrime Well-Known Member

I've been trying to find that post because I know of an episode where even WITH mass-shifting Megatron from Robot to gun, you can tell his weight shifts too. How do I know this? The human Spike lifts up Megatron who is stuck in gun mode and fires him at (If I remember right) Starscream. Megatron the meantime is crying out for help.

Now if Megatron in robot mode can't even get dented by a human due to his size and weight, how could Spike lift him up to aim enough to fire him at Screamer?

And back to topic. This is the beginning of a line of WW1 and WW2 ships transformers. Who's to say the entire line won't take each character and put them as a ship? Maybe they will do a ship for Optimus that can combine not only with this Jetfire, but the Blackbird Jetfire as well?

If that's true let's start a wishlist as to characters from Studio Series you'd love to see in this line and the ship's basic look you'd pick for them. (Or should I just create a new post with this? Or someone else do that.)

15. 3P Desperation

3P Desperation Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ah, I never knew. thanks

• Like Like x 1
  16. LeoJ

LeoJ Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I think I’m gonna remake the list of the bots announced in this line along with a picture of their alt mode

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Oh man, I have no idea how I missed this thread. This looks great. He’s going to look absolutely amazing with the expert paint and weathering that they’ve been doing with the movie toys. Can’t wait to see it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    WWI? Do dazzle camo:
    [​IMG]

Can even do Titanic's sister ship:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. LeoJ

LeoJ Well-Known Member

Hmm, I would prefer a more monotone paint job, or at least solid colors. Darker ones too

20. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Those actually are some of the darker, more subtle variations of dazzle camo. The really nuts ones used like flourescent yellow and green...

• Like Like x 1