TOYWORLD TW-FS Movie Series

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I’m surprised and very grateful that the line is still going at all. Any line of original designs or “reinterpretations” seem doomed to either fail or be carried solely by a small rabid fan base. Add to that the iron cross on every figure which a lot of people simply don’t want to see in their collection (understandably).

It’s my favorite line currently and every release brings a delight that I don’t feel from other lines. I want to see it continue long enough to bring us Prime and Megs and all of the other designs they’ve shown. However, I’ll be content if they only manage to get Hot Rod and Jetfire out before canceling it. Unhappy for sure, but content. I think Jetfire is going to be a huge risk for them since it’s the biggest and most expensive one yet, so hopefully they won’t get sunk by their own battleship.

• Like Like x 5
  2. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it’s also an awful lot of repaints and these figures aren’t cheap (although reasonably priced for what they are).

I came close to getting the yellow version of Bee. But ultimately I have massive space issues and can barely find space for the must have figures. Yellow Bee just wasn’t must have- although I was drooling at yours in your pictures. :) 

Wish they were doing Bee, Hot Rod and I guess Barricade at Mpm scale.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Well I’ll say this. This line is niche, and who knows how many will be on the aftermarket in 10 years?

One figure never hurts..... right?:p 

buy them all

I mean considering that Toyworld can just throw out repaints solely for the Chinese market, I’d say they are making decent money.

We all know that when the line started, Toyworld was in a weird place. I think they’ve rectified that by getting out Hot Rod, Barricade, Jetfire in the same year. Not to mention five more repaints if you included the three Seekers, CJ, and tan bee. So thats 8 releases this year.

It seems to me like the line has just been on a hiatus. But even if there are no new molds, we can all be sure that even more repaints will follow. :lol 

Or at least thats what I tell myself at night.

• Like Like x 2
  4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as they get out Hot Rod and Shatter (different line, I know- but possibly my favorite movie villain), I'm good. They've teased others I'd definitely get. But there is no way they'll ever release every toy they've teased with art, so I don't take any seriously until we see a prototype.

5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Jetfire was teased with art....

But seriously. I expect Tiger 1 Brawl and Dragon Wagon Optimus to happen. We say “prototyopes” of Brawl back in the day, and he’s much smaller then Jetfire.

What I expect to never see(despite there also being non transforming “prototypes”) is their Railway gun Megatron. Way to big, absolutely stupid.

What a WWII Megatron should turn into... is the Maus.
    732559E0-01EE-40A6-88F8-B27968CFBC69.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fuze9

Fuze9 Piddle Patrol

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. This is the one time I'm cool with tank Megatron. (Otherwise, I'm all about T-Rex or pistol.)

• Like Like x 1
  7. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Black baron is on his way.
    Not using him as Skywarp so thinking of a different character name, official or not.
    Darkstorm kinda feels right.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rath

Rath Well-Known Member

I still like the idea of him turning into that artillery cannon on rails or whatever it was shown forever ago.

9. bubbalew

bubbalew Well-Known Member

If they stick with the railway gun and scale his alt mode with Skyfire's alt mode that should work

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Yeah I love the rail gun idea but it needs to be smaller. What they showed off is completely bonkers.

58099F41-3BF6-4095-800C-2E3583D78180.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. User_121147

User_121147 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish these were in legend scale.

12. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

Got mine and it's a really amazing figure!

The Plastic feels scary at times... like the plastic feels like if stressed too much, it wont make stress marks but will snap directly... FEELS... so far nothing broke, all is good..
    joins on the legs are very disappointing tho... barely holds its weight... Easy fix but still bad

• Like Like x 5
  13. A Good Noodle

A Good Noodle “We’re werewolves, not swear-wolves”

Great review dude! Thanks for the heads-up about the plastic quality. It really stinks he didn't come with the red starscream head. I think that and the other add-ons might be a website exclusive.

14. Beauman

Beauman Banned

True. I hope they do that.
    And the bike needs to be smaller too.
    It would look ridiculous next to Bee, Hot Rod, and Barricade in alt mode.

15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Great review man! I think the tactile sensation of the paint might be what gives the figures in this line that feeing of fragility. It doesn't have that glossy or smooth feeling that we’re used to with most other figures. Fortunately I’ve had no breaks yet.

That sucks about the loose joints. Mine are pretty solid. Also I think that one panel on yours definitely should have been glued because even if I pry on mine it won’t come off.

I do have one serious QC issue, I went to put the alternate head on him and noticed the clip is broken off, or didn't get fully molded on. Why Toyworld would use a shitty Hasbro-grade C-clip instead of a simple peg is beyond me. I contacted TCP to ask about a replacement but I honestly don’t expect them to be able to since this is a limited release. If they can’t I’ll see if I can take the heads apart and put the Blitzwing head on the other neck joint. I’m hesitant to even pull the head off though now that I see the tiny clip holding it on.

76C709C4-6099-461E-9C10-10ADFA942AC9.jpeg

Beyond that, FANTASTIC figure. The transformation is a real delight and everything just folds together in a very logical way. I don’t personally get the scary feeling of fragility but maybe that’s because I’ve been transforming delicate Macross figures for the last two decades so I’m numb to it.

This is my favorite incarnation of Starscream to date. It takes the heart of the movie aesthetic and makes it more proportionally appealing to me, not to mention a more interesting alt mode.

Couple of Fokkers.

C7C79E27-9C60-485B-8E95-52CA931EA48D.jpeg

Regular & Flamin’ Hot Dorito

231776E9-3899-45F5-B39A-E8999D5FA653.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Got mine today! Love how small the box was. Plus it was a box within a box within a box. I put a con symbol over the iron cross which I like better, although I may use a smaller symbol. We'll see. Paint work is seriously gorgeous.

IMG_0452.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  17. Tetiobot

Tetiobot Well-Known Member

This series deserves faction logo in waterdecal. I honestly don't know even if they do exist for Transformers.

18. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I wanna do a better job with it. This is just temporary.

20. Faxie

Faxie Well-Known Member

Maybe it has been asked before, but is it possible to get the bonus parts separate someday? I have all the figures at the moment, but the yellow version of Bumblebee didn't have bonus parts...