Toyworld TW-F09 Tactics Waistcoat (Freedom Leader)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Desertwindhounds, Jan 11, 2019.

1. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

and we have movement! should have it by friday according to fedex estimate but lastest next week i'd assume. i hope i have axiom's same experience. i'll need to look up the chest locking procedure again soon. moofiee's post still the best source?
    • Tuesday , 9/01/2020
      2:16 am
      ARCADIA, CA
      Left FedEx origin facility
    Expand History
    • Wednesday , 7/29/2020
      8:26 pm
      Shipment information sent to FedEx

2. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Good luck to you and the chest fix is re-posted at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

Just one question, does the head stays in place?

4. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    As far as I can tell? I can pick him up by his head, if that's what you're wondering.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rendsora

Dammit..so it's confirmed then, those who got the very earliest batch of TW Prime got screwed.

6. Optimango232

Optimango232 Well-Known Member

Mine was part of this earliest batch and has been pretty decent I have to say. I don't think it's a batch thing, just an inconsistent Quality thing

• Like Like x 1
  7. rendsora

Yup could be a inconsistent QC thingy. But where I'm from most of buyers got a headless TW Prime upon opening their Standard packaging. The head is there rolling somewhere inside the box lol.

8. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

When I was repacking the guns and stand back in the box (they were shipped separately), my Deluxe copy's head and a couple of the shoulder panels were detached.

• Like Like x 1
  9. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

so envious of some of you who don't seem to have any issue with the shoulder joints.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rendsora

It is what it is, the nature of our toy collecting hobby.

We win some, we lose some.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ninjahandz

Ninjahandz Well-Known Member

Got my figure yesterday from Show Z. Looks amazing but it’s missing a thumb. Hope Show Z can get a replacement

12. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Well-Known Member

I also got my Deluxe version from ShowZ after about a month of transit time. Initial impression is pretty good. The head seems to stay on fine. The wrists are not floppy, though perhaps a touch loose, and the right hand can hold up the normal sized rifle no problem (at least for now, but I think the peg on the handle is way too shallow so that will be the bigger issue). I haven't looked into the chest locking issue too much, but out of the box it seems fine. I'm sure I'll experience it after doing the transformation later on.

My expectations for this figure was pretty low after reading this thread on and off, so I'm happy to say that those expectations has been surpassed by quite a large margin after some initial handling. Hopefully I don't destroy it while transforming it later.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  13. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My order From Showz is weirdly taking longer than my unicron under Pitney Bowes.....

14. AfroPrime131

AfroPrime131 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They’re making me jump through all these hoops to replace mine! It’s like they don’t even believe I purchased the figure even tho I gave them the order number. Like wtf

15. ali tavakoly

ali tavakoly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Who?

16. AfroPrime131

AfroPrime131 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Show z

• Like Like x 1
  17. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Well-Known Member

Transformed this to truck mode and back using emgo's transformation video. I didn't find it to be too difficult to execute, but there are certainly several places where it wasn't fun having to stretch parts to get clearance to move parts past each other. It feels a bit like Fans Toys Rouge in that regard, which is another figure that got mostly negative reviews for its transformation. But similar to Rouge, I don't think I mind the transformation too much. And for what it's worth, the materials feel like they can withstand then handling required to do the transformation.

I think the truck looks pretty good, except for the feet dangling in the back. Had they figured out a way to hide the feet into the shin, I would say the truck would look fairly good. But that might be asking the impossible seeing how the legs are engineered.

I was going to get the 3A DLX Optimus (I have the 3A Bee) but ended up deciding to go with this because it can transform. I think the robot mode does a pretty reasonable approximation of the 3A, and being able to transform is always a plus, even though I personally do like the non-transforming figures too. So I'd say I'm happy with this purchase, which comes as a relief given all the doubts I had from reading about it. It does appear that early adopters got screwed, which is not cool, but I guess there are a lot of examples in the world of 3rd party toys where the first production batch is problematic, so that's the risk we sometimes have take to get the newest figures.

Truck mode with Weijiang OS MPP-10 trailer. It doesn't actually latch on the truck bed, but it can sit on some of the grooves in back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Robot mode holding up a rifle. The wrist ball joint actually seems tight enough. I'm more weary of the gun handle peg being too shallow for gun holding.
    [​IMG]

With 3A Bee. I think they look pretty good together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  18. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    Accidentally got in here again. Now seeing all deluxe buyers being happy.
    Never more toyworld.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gonna backtrack the conversation here a little bit, to when @Eddielai2016, @pezley and I were discussing joints - specifically for Eddie.

Dropped in to Bunnings yesterday and had a look at their water-based finishes and came back home with a 1l can of two candidates: Cabot's CFP Floor and Timber Protect One Coat Clear. The woman at the counter wasn't too sure what they were made of (neither says anything more than "water based" and "varnish") but gave me a number to call to ask. After a discussion with a guy I can only assume was absolutely baffled by what I was trying to use it for, it turns out the Cabot's is indeed a polyurethane but the Timber Protect is most likely acrylic based. So the latter is actually likely to be a better option, which is great because it's also the cheaper option ($51 for 1l of the Cabot's, $30 for 1l o the Timber Protect) and could potentially also be used as a clear coat.

Now, I should emphasise I haven't tried either of them yet (injured my hand last week so opening the tin and handling everything is just a fantasy at the moment) but they both have the potential to be a locally-sourced solution. I'm not sure how long it'll be before I can actually do any testing (infections are fun things) so feel free to wait or conduct your own trials as you see fit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rendsora

Science experiment in progress..