Toyworld TW-F09 Tactics Waistcoat (Freedom Leader)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Desertwindhounds, Jan 11, 2019.

1. DMTS

DMTS Well-Known Member

the first time I'm thinking about the option to either double-dip or triple-dip or quadruple-dip on the same figure.. my wallet is a goner when this is issued

2. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Made to scale with 3A

3. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

Sweet baby jesus

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I myself have little to no patience in issues of scale. I have WJ’s MO1 Commander, and he is an awesome figure to display regardless of size and lack of scale. This Prime will likely be the same.

• Like Like x 5
  5. timorvitae

timorvitae Well-Known Member

Same here, I'm gonna display it next to Wei Jiang Commander and BMB God of War.

• Like Like x 1
  6. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

You guys are surprised by the size? Was pretty clear from that photo with that TLK prime that this thing is huge.
    I don't have issues with scale too much other than this figure needs a Megs to face off with that is as big or larger. Reckon that hybrid mp36 megs is the only one that can match it so far unless the KO OS Voyager TLK Megs can compare.

7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

Im doing... this, tw knight prime, bmb god of war, and mpp10 all together. I think it will look insane.. here is what ive got set up at the moment waiting on these TW releases.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ryogawa

Ryogawa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently the guy in the video stream mentioned at the 10.20 minute mark the premium edition and the normal one will have a price difference of 100 bucks (I'm guessing RMB). That's like 15USD? It's almost too good to believe.

Also, at 58.30, the guy said while the price hasn't been set yet and is dependent on the cost, they're planning to put it under 1000RMB as best they can. That's about 150USD, so after some retailer markups it wouldn't be that far off to put it below 200USD.

At the 60.30 mark of the video, it's mentioned that the gun can be lit, same with the head!

61.20 mark: premium edition display base comes with voice lines.

Near the 77-minute mark of the video, he mentioned that there's a plan for a trailer, but it'll have to depend on how well the main toy sells first.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Normally I’m a huge stickler for scale, but this thing looks so awesome I really don’t mind how big it is. I want it as a separate display piece. And if the quality is good, I very well might try to snag 2 of them. Maybe. Shouldn’t get ahead of myself just yet

• Like Like x 2
  10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hate to be that guy but... who am I kidding? I love being that pedantic guy. But yeah, the Bumblebee movie takes place in 1987, not 1984.

*Points a cannon at your head* What's in your head canon now? :p  Pretty sure it's confirmed now that Bumblebee is a new continuity.

• Like Like x 4
  11. JLOJ

JLOJ Transformative

News Credits:
    I’m counting down the days until May 30th for the full color reveal for this. That’d be nice if they show the light up features and display stand as well.

• Like Like x 3
  12. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    1987 I stand corrected.. but, Hate to be that guy but... who am I kidding?

BUMBLEBEE Director Explains Where Megatron Is

Bumblebee is the best of the Transformers films, fulfilling the dreams of many fans. And while it had many Autobot and Decepticon cameos, there was a noticeable omission. So, director Travis Knight explained why Megatron wasn’t in the film.

[​IMG]
    BUMBLEBEE ON CYBERTRON
    Bumblebee begins with an epic battle on Cybertron, a homage to the original cartoon’s opening episode. “I got to tell you, that was one of the biggest thrills for me, in this process, was bringing Cybertron to life,” said Travis Knight (via Screen Rant). “And seeing the fall of Cybertron, just a glimpse of it. Because that’s where the animated series began. And we wanted to begin this film in the same manner, to pay tribute to that. And it was so much fun. I tried to stuff as much as I possibly could into those opening moments. Just because that’s the movie I’ve always wanted to see. I would love to see a movie like that.”

[​IMG]
    Optimus Prime and the Autobots are making their last stand against Shockwave and the Decepticons. Many classic characters are shown including, Ratchet, Wheeljack, and Soundwave. However, Megatron, the leader of the Decepticons is not shown.

[​IMG]
    MEGATRON IN BUMBLEBEE
    Fans assumed the filmmakers were saving him for the sequel. However, Travis Knight clarified that the appearance of Megatron would not make sense if Bumblebee is a prequel to Michael Bay’s Transformers.
    BUMBLEBEE Director Explains Where Megatron Is
    Bumblebee is the best of the Transformers films, fulfilling the dreams of many fans. And while it had many Autobot and Decepticon cameos, there was a noticeable omission. So, director Travis Knight explained why Megatron wasn’t in the film.

[​IMG]
    BUMBLEBEE ON CYBERTRON
    Bumblebee begins with an epic battle on Cybertron, a homage to the original cartoon’s opening episode. “I got to tell you, that was one of the biggest thrills for me, in this process, was bringing Cybertron to life,” said Travis Knight (via Screen Rant). “And seeing the fall of Cybertron, just a glimpse of it. Because that’s where the animated series began. And we wanted to begin this film in the same manner, to pay tribute to that. And it was so much fun. I tried to stuff as much as I possibly could into those opening moments. Just because that’s the movie I’ve always wanted to see. I would love to see a movie like that.”

[​IMG]
    Optimus Prime and the Autobots are making their last stand against Shockwave and the Decepticons. Many classic characters are shown including, Ratchet, Wheeljack, and Soundwave. However, Megatron, the leader of the Decepticons is not shown.

[​IMG]
    MEGATRON IN BUMBLEBEE
    Fans assumed the filmmakers were saving him for the sequel. However, Travis Knight clarified that the appearance of Megatron would not make sense if Bumblebee is a prequel to Michael Bay’s Transformers.

“I had this whole thing boarded where we’re where we see Megatron and he comes in like Sauron, just blowing sh*t up and laying waste to everything,” he said (via Comic Book Movie). “However, we then realized in this world, Megatron is currently frozen on Earth, as seen in 2007’s Transformers, so that was out.”

BUMBLEBEE: REBOOT OR NOT?
    This decision may have been made early in development. Because at the end of Bumblebee, Optimus Prime makes a cameo appearance on Earth. The 2007 Transformers movie suggests that Optimus Prime makes his first arrival to Earth during the film. To keep continuity with the Michael Bay films, Optimus Prime would have to leave Earth so he could arrive come back later to meet Sam Witwicky.

[​IMG]
    BUMBLEBEE 2 AND THE HASBRO-VERSE
    Bumblebee is not just a good Transformers movie or even sci-fi movie. It is a great adventure with real heart. So, a whole new cinematic universe starting with this movie has huge promise. And Hasbro has a huge catalog. Therefore, GI Joe, MASK, ROM, Micronauts, Action Man, or even the Visionaries could find a place alongside the Robots in Disguise. When asked if the theory that Bumblebee could be a soft reboot of G.I. Joe, with John Cena as Duke, is crazy, Travis Knight, replied, “I don’t think it’s that crazy, but I can neither confirm nor deny. I’m sorry. I wish I could.”

My head canon still holds merit.. Nothing has been officially confirmed, they still go back and forth.

13. Reygn

Reygn Banned

From what I've heard, Bumblebee was just going to be a prequel, but by the end of it's development, it became it's own standalone movie universe.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Well it should because they retcon so much in the film so we shall see

15. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Maybe, that remains to be seen. I'm okay either way. For me, if it is indeed canon and a prequel universe, its got the best of both worlds, and is easily explained how their aesthetics change over the course of the war. Whether their bodies change due to lack of energon resources, or advancements and evolution in tech are the deciding factors, its all good for any Fan of the live action series.
    But I do like having it all in the same continuity, I cannot lie. The fact that there's this and the Wei Jiang version coming out at roughly the same size is great.

16. Ryogawa

News Credits:
    What wei jiang figure are you referring to? Is it an oversized SS38?

17. LeoJ

LeoJ Well-Known Member

Think he meant black apples mpm-4 ko

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ryogawa

News Credits:
    Ah, I've seen it and am quite impressed with the price. It didn't really fit with my other MP bots so I didn't wanna bother at first, but Freedom Leader might just convince me to get that along since the paintwork aesthetic on that looks like it'll fit in with this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    The proportions are just perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1