Toyworld TW-F09 Tactics Waistcoat (Freedom Leader)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Desertwindhounds, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Eddielai2016

Eddielai2016 Well-Known Member

i always use nail hardener. Floor polish pledge doesnt seem to make it tight enough for the joints. And superglue running a big risk of damaging the plastic and end up breaking the joint if by some unfortunate and unforgettable reason that left too long will get your joints stuck. And trying to get it unstuck end up breaking off the ball joint. Not a good idea. Superglue will be the last resort and if so use very tiny amount

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    Thinking of selling this one. Will keep it for now but im currently waiting for better option. Went 3A dLX for nemesis.
    Handling him feel not so fun anymore. The whole upper torso jusr feel less fun and more fiddly the more i come in contact with him.
    So there it goes , from liking yo be total annoyed now.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Superglue works just fine as long as you keep moving it until it cures. For ball joints even easier as you drop a dab of glue on, pop the hand, hip, etc on, move it around then pop it off to cure.

4. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Time to irritate you all with a Legless Prime update: After 8 days, ToyWorld has still not answered my retailer. There's a 14 day window for returns, so I have a decision to make.

To be honest, even if they did sent me a new leg pronto I wouldn't know how to install it. Which leaves me two practical options: Try to repair it myself, or give up and return it. Can anyone here help me figure out how easy it would be to repair myself?

5. DaveTheCave

DaveTheCave Well-Known Member

It pisses me off so much that a figure this pricey requires fixes on our end. You shouldn't have to be using floor polish and glue to fix something this pricey. I regret buying this so much.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Are you the person with the screw that sheared off? If so, that is going to be nearly impossible to fix on your own without risking breaking it further. If I were in your situation, I'd be seeking a complete refund.

As awesome as FL looks, this design is already a modern classic and there will be, and already are, several other versions in the works from other companies. I personally couldn't shell out the almost $200 to sit and hope that I get a copy without problems. That isn't fun for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. alzula

alzula Well-Known Member

Its toyworld, they are notoriously bad with customer service and even with constructor make it next to impossible to get replacement parts. I dont think anyone is gonna judge you for returning a figure this pricey if there are issues. If it were fanstoys, their customer service is great and i would say just wait, but with toyworld, i would just return it. I knew that going in, and being as i only paid 150 for it, i knew up front if anything broke i was on my own.

• Like Like x 3
  8. alzula

alzula Well-Known Member

Figures like mp44 have bigger issues like legs breaking and cost 2x as much as this. Floor polish to ball joints is like putting gas in a car, its regular maintenance and everyone needs to know how to do it, as it is useful for all collectors. Legs breaking....thats a front end collision and you want a certified mechanic for that. Being as people pay 500+ for constructor (same maker as this), and still have to fiddle with the joints i am not surprised it requires minor tweaks, im just glad its not like FT sheridan coming with the leg off for 25% of people (and only costs 25$ less than this figure did), at least with FT they sent out replacement parts pretty quick

• Like Like x 3
  9. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ShowZ updated the shipping costs to Poland using SF Express (about 15 business days for delivery) which means ~216$ for a standard edition in my case. Worth considering if the pandemic is gonna last forever but I need to be damn sure that the latter batch fixes the qc issues.

10. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My sentiments exactly! Went thru the same cycle as yours end up it filled me with much irritation when handling it.. :confused: 

11. SeahawkSpeed

SeahawkSpeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If someone is selling, I’d love to buy it off of them. Preferably deluxe, but no real discrepancy.

ShowZ quoted me 30 days with the MSDS and shipping, I may just cancel.

12. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MSDS? Material safety data sheet?

13. SeahawkSpeed

SeahawkSpeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That’s what they told me. I think I posted about it on the last page. They said the batteries needed one.... idk...

14. alzula

alzula Well-Known Member

Yeah with SFexpress, they have to include msds sheets for the batteries and the deluxe figure came with additional rechargeable batteries that the standard did not so they had to add additional paper work.

15. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    Sad , really. Just when i thought im really ok with it , then back to playing with MP44 and the earthrise. CHUg is fun to quick play and my copy of MP44 still function as it should be without any error. The craftmanship of TW just doesnt do it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. moofiee

moofiee PENG-HA!~

News Credits:
    Not defending tw but I got my replacement parts from them directly within days. Their after sales support responded pretty fast.

17. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

You're both right, I'll return it. I just hate to see something go without trying to solve the problem, but I think I've done due dilligence here.

I wonder if you got a faster, better response because you contacted them directly? Maybe they just don't give a shit about small overseas retailers.

18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it seems like TW dropped the ball qc-wise......at least for the Standard version. So which other 3P option can we look at for a better BB movie Prime?

So does TW respond promptly if you contact them directly for after sales support?
    What's their contact info?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2020
  19. ThoVwj

ThoVwj Well-Known Member

Trans craft is proving to be an interesting company

• Like Like x 2
  20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a multiple BB movie Prime comparison thread?