Toyworld TW-F09 Tactics Waistcoat (Freedom Leader)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Desertwindhounds, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Tortugatron

Tortugatron Well-Known Member

I agree with the statement that a transformer must transform, or its not actually a transformer. A statue is one thing, but I just never jumped on the whole "Action Figure" Transformer thing. I don't know why, but I just feel they HAVE to transform.

On a side note, can anyone recommend a white outline Autobot insignia for the shoulders? I know ToyHax is a good source, I'm just wanting to see if there is a spot that can ship from a domestic (US) source. IMG_3421.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nuclearcrunch

Nuclearcrunch Well-Known Member

Yeah! I’m gonna make room, I love the idea of a stand that has built in lights to display the figure in its glory.
    Plus it’s a lot flatter than the one Dragoon comes with

3. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Bought a couple of sets from here about two years ago:

G1 Autobot Insignia Symbol Sticker Sheet Lrg

Bought a set of red-with-white-outline and a set of the clear-with-white-outline. Wound up not using the clear since the red was a good match for the paint I used on my Prime's shoulders.

They're quality vinyl decals, rather than cheap paper stickers. Decent enough cut lines. The white outlines on the red logos were too thick for my liking, so I wound up hand-trimming them. I don't remember ever trying the clear ones yet, but the actual white print is a nice thin outline like you'd see on a standard Autobot emblem.

4. Tortugatron

How quickly did you get them?

I like that it seems the whole sheet is Autobot logos rather than a mixture of the two (like how ToyHax does).

5. franpincho

franpincho unapologetic king

Where is my gd deluxe version????!!!

6. Evirdrevo

Evirdrevo Well-Known Member

My patience is wearing thin for sure. There's just no reason for this sort of delay on the version that people paid extra for. There were a number of ways for Toyworld and their retailers to avoid this nonsense and they didn't go through with any of them. Toyworld has dropped to the bottom of 3rd Party companies I intend to ever buy a product from again.

7. Tortugatron

I really am starting to wear thin of these entitled whiny complaints. EVERYTHING has been slowed down by this pandemic. I’m sure had this not been the case TW would be in full tilt, producing supply to meet demand. They probably have limited staff at the factory for assembly/QC/Packaging and Shipping.

I get that they put out a limited release at first, and probably supplied their longest standing customers first (not just those big online retailers). Which drives demand because supply is low.

McFarlane Toys had the same thing happen with their MK Spawn, and you know what happened??

Nothing....no meltdowns, no burns, no retailers stiffed for orders. Supplies eventually were delivered to meet demand. Even though it took an extra month.

• Like Like x 14
  8. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

Where is Toyhax located? Everything I get from them is addressed as Niagara Falls, NY and get it within a week.

I asked ShowZ on their FB page and they told me it is supposed to be to them middle to end of May.

9. Tortugatron

im not sure. The last time I ordered labels it took almost 3 weeks.

10. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree that it's overreacting and I admit that I'm guilty of it too, but part of the fun of this hobby is the rush when we're all getting our figures and sharing our impressions and photos and whatnot. For them to do a small run of the standard edition a month before they're ready to release the deluxe edition feels like a slap in the face. "Thanks for paying more. Now sit and wait while the guys who didn't pay more get theirs and show them off for a month."

But yes, these are interesting times and this is just the kind of thing one must accept during interesting times.

• Like Like x 2
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's pretty much no difference between releasing it now and releasing it in 2 months. Either way, there are no planes to pick it up. If there's someone to complain to, its the airlines that aren't getting cargo planes in the air due to passenger flights being grounded.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Toyhax is based in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can pay extra for express shipping. I probably will. I'll feel stupid for it but I gots to have have my toyz!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

It is over the 2kg that is listed on some sites? I've been getting stuff from China during the pandemic. 8 days for Sheridan from ShowZ and 17 days for Spoiler from Terry's Club.

15. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah.... I'm not paying an extra $30 on anything. Its the same price hasbro is charging for shipping their massive 30 pound Unicron. That's a lot of cash that I can't spend on shipping something this size.

Showz has said it is. so either an extra $30-40 on express shipping, or you pay and wait.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Evirdrevo

Evirdrevo Well-Known Member

Right. Everything... except the first batch of standard edition. Those must have that magic immunity.

Again, there's really no good reason for any of the standard edition to reach anybody before the deluxe edition. If they get made first, great - hold them until the deluxe is ready to go, then ship both. If the deluxe is delayed indefinitely, delay the standard indefinitely, too. But under no circumstance should they have let customers who paid extra sit by and watch others get the standard edition first.

You might think my post is some level of entitled whine, but the reality is I've waited a long time for a lot of figures (many much longer than this figure) and not made a peep. In fact, I don't even like this figure that much nor does it reach the top 10 figures I'm waiting on currently. I'm a patient man and can wait as long as necessary, but I expect to be treated fairly. This is some Grade A, premium horse crap that Toyworld is pulling.

17. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toyhax ships from Canada.

we have zero way of knowing what is and isn’t produced yet or how the factories where affected. The deluxe edition comes additional components that need to be made in order to be sent. It’s not “immunity” that made the standard editions easier to ship out, it’s simple logistics.

You may not feel “entitled”, but complaining you won’t get a completely unnecessary toy During a time of pandemic before someone else does and how you want what’s available to be held back from other people so you can have yours at the same time doesn’t exactly come off as being reasonable either.

• Like Like x 2
  18. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we paid an extra 15 bucks for it. Hardly some mega super deluxe edition that requires a foot massage. The stand probably wasn't done so they tried to ship out what limited quantity they did have to those that were willing to pay for the shipping cost. True Grade A Horse shit would be releasing a bad non-functional product that fails to work, which I've been burned with far too many times.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nuclearcrunch

Nuclearcrunch Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself I plan on swimming

• Like Like x 4
  20. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would assume any “express” shipping at this time is DHL, which is the only international large Air mail service still shipping anything, as they own And operate their own aircraft and do not have the issues other services have encountered that has resulted in huge wait times.