Toyworld TW-F09 Tactics Waistcoat (Freedom Leader)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Desertwindhounds, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Panzertron

Panzertron Well-Known Member

No, the thing is that ToyWorld is making decisions that I do not like at all, one after another, and it makes me angry that after so much publicity, they have us like this. Having other offers I think they won't do as badly as ToyWorld is doing. Thats what I wanted to express :D 

2. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I'm waiting on The mysterious Trans Craft Optimus...
    if they can do this?
    [​IMG]
    oh hell yea.. I'm waiting...

• Like Like x 7
  3. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't. I've got my Bee, now I want this (TW) Prime and be done with this duo. Give me more of that TW Shatter and Zeta Blitzwing and hopefully TW Dropkick in the future :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  4. williammmw

williammmw MuderPrimus

News Credits:
    It requires a lot of determination in order to stay in that status, especially with OP. I remember the initial days when I started TF collection, I always can't understand why people will get repaints when you are paying for the same mold. Then when ROTF OP is out, I told myself only get one to go with Jetfire. Wel, who knows I'm getting the Amazon, HFTD, Buster, and so on. I really gotta learn from Drift to find my inner strength :p 

• Like Like x 1
  5. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It could be the fact that I don't care that much for those Travis designs as much as I always liked Bayformers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ despite the fact that "Bumblebee" was much better movie. I think I only want OP, Bee, Blitzwing, Shatter, Dropkick (the Earth crew) and that's it. I don't feel the need to dwell into that movie deeper, like for some Cybertronian Soundwave etc, and Zeta's Pioneer or TW Freedom Leader are simply good enough for me.
    Besides, seriously - how much you could improve upon TW robot mode :lol 

6. Adam Haberman

Adam Haberman Prime of Primes

Just received my copy of Freedom Leader from the Chosen Prime! The box is bigger than I really expected it to be, and as you can tell, this is the Standard Edition. Regardless of that, he still comes with a lot of accessories!
    TW-1.jpg I've already opened him up and switched out the "Cybertronian" parts for his Earth mode parts. It really is just switching out tires, which are smooth for the "Cybertronian" tires, and tires with tread on the Earth tires. They are rubber, and really easy to change out! The hubcap covers are a bit of a pain to remove, but they're secure, and a neat option to have! I removed the hubcap covers and switched out the panels on the forearms and the shoulder panels. He comes with a ton of guns and a shield weapon that splits into two axes.
    TW-2.jpg He also comes with two fixed hands in a set pose. As far as I can tell, these hands do not fold away into his arms for transformation. He comes with an alternate head that for all intents and purposes, does not appear to attach to the figure in any way. Is this specifically for the ThreeZero figure? Interesting. He comes with a couple of boxes and they come disassembled in package. I haven't put them together but it looks incredibly easy to do. He also comes with an instruction booklet, and another little bag that has his windshield wipers, which are a soft rubbery material. Easy to install on his chest, so no worries.

TW-3.jpg TW-4.jpg Now we arrive to the big guy himself! I have not had the chance to transform him yet, but I will post something later about that. This is just gonna be about the robot mode. He is solid! You can tell this is a well built and quality figure. He is hefty, with diecast in his legs and I think in some parts of his chest. The plastic quality is wonderful, and the paint is beautiful. One of my favorite bits of paint are on the smokestacks...the blue at the tips are gorgeous, and only accentuated by the dirt and grime on the silver. Love it. They really made it appear as though this entire figure is made of metal. The worn effects are nicely done as well, and not overwhelming like the Siege line from HasTak.
    TW-5.jpg One of the biggest takeaways I have on this guy is the sheer presence he has. He's big, and impressive. The molded detail is incredible, and even though I don't have the ThreeZero offering, just from looking at pictures, the detail on this guy is comparable with that figure. And this transforms! It has the spine and everything. The back on this is wonderful, and it's almost worth just posing him from behind. Look at this sleekness!
    TW-6.jpg The eyes really are a gorgeous blue, but they sort of get lost in the shadows of the design, but they are there and they are beautiful in the right light haha. The sculpt is perfect in my opinion, and I like it more than what ThreeZero's looks like. It's even better in person. Its only downside would be the limited posability. I would have preferred a ball joint of some sort, but it's just a swivel and a hinge. Still adequate and expressive.
    TW-7.jpg

My biggest complaints: the right arm doesn't really hold it's position if you extend it out, as previously reported from others. The right hand is really loose on that ball joint in the wrist, but if you switch it out with the fixed hands, the fixed hand feels much more sturdy. The articulated hand doesn't really hold the weapons well.

Second complaint. Not a hugeee deal, but the chest does not really fix into place. It is held well by the back panels locking together, but when manipulating the figure, it will compress itself. It holds up well without touching it, but I wish the chest locked into the abdomen better. There appear to be pegs, but no way to attach the chest to the rest of the body, from what I've found.

Overall, he is sturdy, posable, and an incredible representation of Prime from the Bumblebee movie! I'm gonna get into transforming him after work, and I will make a separate post about that when I get there. He scales well with the ThreeZero Bumblebee DLX figure, and I can post a picture of that when I post the vehicle mode pics, if that's something you'd all like. I just wanted to get this out there, I'm busy with work at home so I haven't been able to get too deep, but I hope you all find this somewhat helpful.

If you can afford it, I say get this or the Deluxe version! I'm very happy with my purchase, and he is a beautiful piece. Hope you're all well, and stay safe!

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 25
  7. Nuclearcrunch

Nuclearcrunch Well-Known Member

Oh man this wait is PAINFUL

• Like Like x 4
  8. moofiee

moofiee PENG-HA!~

News Credits:
    Yes indeed :( 

• Like Like x 3
  9. newbielives

newbielives Well-Known Member

I need to get some autobot decals or stickers, something to do during this wait

10. PkP Edge PkP

PkP Edge PkP Well-Known Member

If the added cost to shipping wasn't almost 80 Canadian id get this guy shipped early. I'm gonna patiently wait for the shipping situation to get better and feed off of others here. Please post more pics than usual whoever has him! Lol

11. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah he needs the big white ones for sure. I have a set! Actually, I have white outline, silver outline, red, red with silver background, gold raised, and maybe even a couple others.

• Like Like x 1
  12. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

"the right arm doesn't really hold it's position if you extend it out," as in out to the side or front? i kinda feel like either way it should have been fixed before release. i mean if the left one doesn't do it...it sounds like a tolerance issue somewhere. maybe the second run or the deluxe version will fix that? like i'm happy you like the figure but i don't think a flopping right arm is acceptable.

13. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The shoulder are just friction joints. They will all eventually fall under their own weight given enough time.

any form of liquid acrylic should fix it.

my guess (since I don’t have the figure) is that the tolerances are off due to their being paint involved. If a part was meant to have paint that didn’t get it (like a joint) the fit will be off

14. Adam Haberman

It just doesn't stay if you extend it to the side. It rotates just fine. It's not floppy, just needs a bit of polish to add some friction there...it isn't a rag doll. But yeah, I'm sure a future release will have fixed the issue.

15. Adam Haberman

8D9A6A8C-5CD7-43D1-96BC-A9BE3E2A49BA.jpeg AF215AA9-5F0A-4393-AED3-08788140D3A5.jpeg 97BA4F12-C207-470C-A56A-028EA074CF3A.jpeg
    Just transformed during my lunch break. The biggest flaw in transformation is all of the moving stuff past other stuff with very little clearance. I never felt like it would break, but you can’t help but cringe a bit in some parts. But I didn’t need instructions at all, it felt very intuitive honestly! The only flaw is the missing headlight clear piece...can’t find it anywhere. But it cleans up well! The back is a bit long, and I feel like there could’ve been more transformation in the legs, but it’s not a dealbreaker. It looks great in person, and it’s a solid hunk of truck!

• Like Like x 20
  16. Ryogawa

Ryogawa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the transformation videos, the legs seem pretty mundane with few steps. I have a feeling they really could've hidden the feet better if they tried just a little bit harder though. All things considered, the bot mode is amazing and the electronics and upcoming deluxe base should make it a tradeoff worth taking IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tortugatron

Tortugatron Well-Known Member

C97845F1-2565-426A-98AE-2CC78E0C9EB8.jpeg

Getting ready to roll on out that box. Thanks to Terry over at TerryTFSclub!

• Like Like x 11
  18. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does Terry have them in stock? It just asks for the deposit on his website

19. Tortugatron

Tortugatron Well-Known Member

Just send him a message on Facebook messenger. He notified me when they came in, and he only got one box of 4.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ali tavakoly

ali tavakoly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I cannot wait for bababobo to. Ship

• Like Like x 1