Toyworld TW-F09 Tactics Waistcoat (Freedom Leader)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Desertwindhounds, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Yeah, apparently so. I dropped a line to ShowZ a few weeks back just to see what they knew, and the expectation seems to be end of Jan - but we'll see I guess.

I'm all for "perfection" in TFs (I rarely buy any because they're in some way not good enough IMHO), and waiting to see what offerings come along - but I do roll my eyes at the constant pre-order hopping that seems to characterise 3P discussion. It can't always be a better tomorrow :wink: 

For this one, ToyLab's renders have a much better truck mode - but renders are all they are right now. If both modes turn out close to perfect by the time they get to final product, I'll upgrade. The great thing is that ToyWorld's Prime won't suddenly look like a disaster if ToyLab also deliver - it's actually quite a nice problem to have, if we're beginning to get choices of relative parity.

2. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Agreed. Nice vs. Nicer is a better problem to have than Meh vs. Bleh.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I've learned that if they don't show something off it's cause they know it's not great. El Cid didn't show the transformation or truck mode at all aside from a couple pictures and that was a complete disaster. Toyworld has only showed the truck mode for orion a couple of times cause they know it looks really bad. They've showed this one a decent amount but there are so many others at this point... They really shouldn't have waited so long to release, and now there's a repaint already?
    Yeah this is exactly how I feel. When it was first showed it was a revelation but at this point I'm happy to see how it all turns out so I can compare. There are so many other awesome things coming out now that I'm happy to wait (learned my lesson from El Cid). I might cancel as well.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I cancelled TW two days ago, ShowZ returned me back even my discount points I used. Finally I thought that maybe I need other figure more trusty without too many non-accurate accesories, that increases the price absurderly.

Maybe isn't fair if I still remain in this thread posting my opinion. There's a lot of people very excited about this figure, it's time to leave them enjoy it.

But... I still wanting to read the final opinions from everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TW never shows off the transformation till right before release or after. And hey, they bulldog and bumblebee turned out to not be hell.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Those figures are very small and "simple" engineering in comparison with Freedom Leader.

7. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats my point. We didn't know they were simple or complex. All we saw were the end results and they ended up fine.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Grimrem

Grimrem Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So now is the consensus that this won't be the definitive Bumblebee movie Optimus? That would suck and I would have to cancel pre-order.
    I'm a fan of transforming my transformers.

9. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Idk about consensus as all the options are good enough that it’s all based on the person buying them. This is the still the definitive prime to me.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Reygn

Reygn Leader of The Abyss

I think most pople would still favor FL, but I'd chalk that up to people not having seen DK. No one can give a definitive answer until TransCraft have revealed their own. I have already personally shifted over to DK.

11. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
    End of Jan is CNY and factory will starts closing for holiday earlier... very unlikely if they do not start shipping in the next week or 2...

Hopefully mid or end of Feb.

12. Grimrem

Grimrem Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'll just head over to Showz and put in another buck in pre-orders for DK and hedge my bets then. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    There's definitely no consensus about anything, especially since none of us actually have the figure. Still looks like it might be the best bot mode of them all, I'm just not as excited about it anymore and I kinda want to see how all the chips fall before I make a decision. I've already paid in full for this figure on showz though, so I do have the price locked in. That alone might keep me in the game but we'll see.

• Like Like x 3
  14. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

so on the topic of consensus, my personal observation is that tw was initially the predominant choice, their are some that liked other offerings but tw definitely seems to be the most popular by a significant amount, it wasn't until toylab came around that the consensus split. toylab seems to be slightly more popular than toyworld but it seems close

15. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    Damn, I was head over heels for this figure when pics came out. Now you guys have me wanting to cancel my preorder in favor of Dark Knight!

16. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm in the same boat but its harder for me to back out due to the price I got TW's for, which was about $130-140 via baba using a discount coupon ebay gave me for some mix up they did. This was the larger set too with all the extra parts.

The other part is TW has a history and the other company doesn't so I would need to wait for Dark Knight to be reviewed before I would ever pull the trigger.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... " TFW2005 Supporter

I'm also in the Dark Knight consideration pool. That alt mode is very convincing.

18. alzula

alzula Well-Known Member

Honestly based on looks DK is the winner...

That doesnt include other factors like price, paint job (style and quality), etc. Both could get reviewed and DK could be super fiddly with shoddy qc... or so could FL, until both are out, the best you can say is which one looks more to your likeing. After both are released and reviewed, then there can be a consensus and definitive winner.

Or they could both be great, and released 6 months apart and you can just have options.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tf-direct don't do preorder cancels :-(

20. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did you fully pay for him?