Toyworld TW-F09 Freedom Leader

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Desertwindhounds, Jan 11, 2019.

1. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as it's better and not easy to break like th Weijiang AOE metal alloy.

2. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Impressive level of articulation!

I have to agree about the bumper. It is a bit too big and blocky.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

Quoting you guys as a starting point in the convo, not meant to put you guys on the spot.

Dunno what currency you're quoting here... the 3A prime is $190USD and the premium version of Toyworld TW09 is around $175USD... not much of a difference. If you care about transformation, the TW is going to be a great deal, but the price diff is not $200USD.

I also see a lot of complaints about the "feet" in alt-mode... price to pay for transformation IMHO. Are you going to support the vendor or not? What is it that you're really looking for in a movie BB Prime? I honestly don't think anyone TRULY cares about the truck mode. You can get that now in every modern interpretation of G1 OP.

For the record, I've pre-ordered both the 3A and TW.

4. Optimango232

Optimango232 Well-Known Member

Probably quoting AUD$, it is close to $400 to preorder 3A for us and on the lower $200's for the proposed price of Toyworld

• Like Like x 1
  5. DMTS

DMTS Member

I think the comparison is referring to MP 44 price (US 450) as baseline to expected price if TT ever going to work on the figure.
    I don't think you can compare 3A with this as essentially you need 2 figure (1 bot and 1 alt) to be comparable to a transforming figure.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

That’s a crazy difference in pricing! In Canada, it was much cheaper to buy locally than to get it from a seller in China.

You may be right about the reference in pricing to MP44... if Takara made one, unless they include a trailer, my guess is the MSRP would be closer to MP-43, which was $300USD in NA.

I beg to differ about the comparison, the majority of the recent convo has been about comparing this to the 3A prime and whether someone would get the TW if they just want the bot mode but dislike the look of the feet in alt-mode.

TW themselves are doing the comparisons in the photos they’ve released, why wouldn’t we?

7. GAUGE

GAUGE CYBERPUNK 2077 *Mic Drop*

News Credits:
    Feels like a lot of you are doing whatever it takes to talk yourselves out of buying an extremely impressive representation of Movie Bee Prime.

It is literally in Direct Competition with 3A Prime. 3A. literally no other toy is near it.

That's impressive in itself.

So come on now, just cave and pick it up and enjoy it eh? :thumb 

• Like Like x 10
  8. DMTS

DMTS Member

The base condition of comparison should be like for like. If it's just the bot mode.. then baring other consideration 3A will win hands down. Even more if one came up with the statue of it, then get that one if you don't need movability or if you just like a nice picture get the movie still frame if that is what is desired

Having said that.. if TW can make this as good as 3A or better still the movie still frame then.... I'll probably take double/triple dip myself.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I decided awhile ago to go with the 3A based on how well the bee turned out and what is appealing to me. I am still really eager to see how this turns out though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yeah, I was thinking on comparison to MP44. This is like a more stylized version of G1 Optimus...

11. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It won't even be close, sadly. This is scaling with the much bigger 3A figures (I guess all of Toyworld's "MPMs" will too :( ). It will have to be a stand alone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Yep the biggest problem is the size because it won’t scale with anything

• Like Like x 1
  13. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    THE bottom pic here has the feet mistransformed. They are upside down. look at the first pic. the tops of the back of the truck feet are the bottoms of the pic on the bottom. also, it looks like the bottom pic feet fold under behind the wheels and lock in to place. The back of the truck should look shorter and more accurate that way, and will look like the Cheebs digibash in the first pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats exactly what I pointed out, except I didn't think about them going under the truck as there simply is no room for it, so from what i see the toes were completely taken off from the prototype's feet.

15. Reygn

Reygn Leader of The Abyss

View attachment 28310132
    Green - Diecast Arms
    Orange - Joints
    It would kind of work like SS-38, except the shins are now arms, the feet are connected to the arms, and the calves now cover the arms. The feet would connect to the buet and thighs, then the feet would tab back into bottom of the legs when in robot mode. So you would end up with something like SS-38

I feel like my idea is a good one.​

16. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We're talking about what actually happened with the feet, not ideas on how they can be hidden....

17. Optimango232

Optimango232 Well-Known Member

I mean yeah, it's an idea but like... At this stage completely pointless. All the engineering and moulds are done. It's not like they'll delay their perfectly fine design and spend more R&D money on it.

Maybe for a future prime if any other company's are watching

18. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I just want a clean, shiny version of this figure. Cheebs' digibash looks so good, and the sculpt looks so sharp... the final cab is so thickly & messily painted, it looks like it's made of plasticine.

Tempted to hold out for a pristine repaint... they've gotta make one, right?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Much as things can and do change, I decided to take a look around to see what ToyWorld's recent offering - Bulldog - looked like between painted prototype and final release. Partly to convince myself that I'm allowed to want this, partly to show to others just how much things can change. Cheebs has, rather fortunately, posted official pictures of both in the past (prototype and production) which I'll show two examples from:

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

Not identical angles, sure, but you can clearly see that one is kind-of a mushy, unsaturated mess, where the other is frankly pretty darn glorious. Almost all of the minor detailing - the rivets, faux panel lines, etc - is almost gone. I mean, just look at the panels on top of the side gun emplacement! And that's before considering the more appropriate colour and the rest of the painted detail.

A clean one would be nice, but if they can do damaged/worn like that... probably not necessary.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

I do think this is gonna be a worthwhile figure, but aside from the rear end of the truck not being very good in comparison to the Hasbro toy, the scale had me broken from day one. I don't want a ThreeA scale movie reboot Optimus no matter how good it is, especially since the design is almost certainly going to be changed for the next movie (hopefully with more vehicle kibble) and I'd rather not cash out on a MP-tier figure I'll end up replacing in two years. Scale has always been a big deal to me with the live-action movies; their Shatter and Dropkick only get a pass because their designs are so insanely implausible that their toy designers deserve to be allowed to work in whatever size they need to pull them off - this is just a run-of-the-mill Optimus in the movie aesthetic with a touch of mecha, I could probably design one myself that works fine at a smaller scale. Also money is a thing; I still have more than enough figures I've missed out on from recent years I still need to track down to prioritize catching up over an Optimus that'd be stupidly large for my scale anyway. You can go ahead and roll your eyes at passing on a toy over scale but I'm not gonna get out of the mindset anytime soon.

I'll sing all the praise this figure deserves if you want because I agree it deserves such, but passing is my decision.

• Like Like x 1