Toyworld TW-F09 Tactics Waistcoat (Freedom Leader)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Desertwindhounds, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yaay! Another Optimus toy.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

I'm not getting hype until the new TW actually ships a product.

Edit: to clarify, a product they didn't buy from a designer that was pretty much ready to go into production.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, that's a nice looking design! Can't wait to see more. Oh shit, it's from Toyworld. Well, hopefully a good 3p does one too.

4. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    To be fair, they shipped their Legends Wheeljack and it seems to have turned out okay (apart from the weird "Christmas Edition" Exhaust version) but it's also quite simple and Iron Factory's looks better to be, so I wouldn't really use one little figure as a judge for improved quality from ToyWorld. But here's hoping...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    If the final product is as accurate and detailed as that head sculpt, I'll be down. If not, I'll just wait for the 3A DLX version. We can't lose really.

6. OPisOP

OPisOP Well-Known Member

I'll just watch the thread and see how everything pans out after release. Interested but skeptical.

7. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3P companies buy designs all the time so I don't get why Toyworld buying the BMB design should be pointed out as something negative. It's not like each 3P is one guy doing the selling and another the designs. And the version I heard was that BMB allowed a part of their display on a show for the designs of one guy, the guy that Toyworld bought that TLK Prime and Galvatron designs directly from.

They have sold Cassy designs when they were Igear the same as MMC and KFC have sold designs they bought from Cassy. What they do with those designs is up to them. I know MMC reworked them a lot to polish the engineering in-house but other companies might just get them remorked by the factory engineer.

As for Toyworld's past, I liked some of their releases quite a lot like Evila Star, Swamper and coneheads. Don't know about the quality of their Arcee, Kup and Springer since I never liked those designs to begin with.

If vendors have had problems with them then that's their problem. It's part of the difficulties of their business model. If they kept stocking TW stuff it was because the risk versus profit was still good to them otherwise they wouldn't have keept putting up preorders for their stuff. Constructor was still available in a wide number of stores last I checked.

That said, I want to see actual products coming out. Didn't even know Wheeljack was out because TW right now is associated with "they are starting again from scratch so I won't see anything from them in a long time". It's cute and all that they keep announcing stuff we know we want but they better concentrate on big releases. Color pics of that TLK Prime are overdue if they hope to put it out before 3Q, nevermind all the other stuff teased.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    PACE YOURSELVES, ToyWorld!

this is the NINTH figure in the series and you haven't even released ONE yet. Maybe.. finish ONE project so we can get a sense of the quality before trying to get people hyped up for stuff that might take years more to actually come out?

• Like Like x 16
  9. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

To be fair this is a new design of Optimus, it's different to yet another G1 Prime. To avoid flames I want to clarify that I have no issue with G1 Prime, I love that character design, there similarities are what instantly sold me with this design of Optimus, but when 3rd party flood the market we all have to pick between way to many and cannot choose which one to buy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    2019. Year of the Prime Wars.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Look. It looks nice. But I’m not trusting toyworld anymore. Also this is gonna be crazy overpriced if they’re making $80 studio series voyagers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    yet their MP tlk optimus is $140, which already confuses the hell out of me for what their price system is....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yeah. That thing. Weird.

14. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    to be fair it is at least the best looking tlk design prime being made.

15. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Unique toys challenger is already out. And it’s fantastic.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Oktiduz

Oktiduz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I will buy any Bumblebee movie figure. The designs are so perfect - I guess that’s what happens when you hire a guy who has been animating for over 20 years...

• Like Like x 4
  17. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    As I already expanded on, it's ToyWorld who is the problem. Yes, I know other designs have been bought and sold before, but ToyWorld's case reeks of desperation after Zeta left them, allegedly due to not being paid. And the problem is that ToyWorld is really just kinda throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks right now instead of picking a focus for their products.

As I also mentioned, I've liked ToyWorld figures in the past too, but they've still had a lot of issues. Constructor tends to be the only (older) product that retailers still carry for ToyWorld in any reasonable quantities/that retailers restock because ToyWorld keeps reissuing it and it sells okay (the regular green one sells particular well since it's the only Masterpiece-scale Devastator on the market right now).

Besides, as of right now, they've shown lots of little bits (mainly just heads) and delivered only one Legends-scale figure so far since their "revival" as a company. So just as you said, I want to see actual products coming out too - they need to actually get products out there and prove that they're worth buying from this time around.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DeGoisis

DeGoisis The Big Bad Robot

[​IMG]
    Raw prototype for the ion blaster

• Like Like x 6
  19. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... "

I'm proooobably in on this one.

20. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits: