Toyworld TW-F09 Freedom Leader

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Desertwindhounds, Jan 11, 2019.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can eat some greasy food using your hands before playing with the UT one. That's how you can get a dirty truck without paying extra.

• Like Like x 6
  2. svek

svek Well-Known Member

If only it was that simple (and tasty) my future TLK OP would still have his brother pre-ordered.

3. octobotimus

octobotimus 3rd party Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since people started to forget KO’s spend way less money and use other people’s work. I’m a fan of KO’s but it’s laughable to see people compare third party pricing to KO’s.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Reygn

Reygn Leader of The Abyss

I'm waiting to see TransCraft's Optimus, because at this point, if there is nothing that looks better the FL, then I'm just not gonna get an Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  5. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Being obsessed with perfection is a dangerous thing.

• Like Like x 5
  6. maddogtheta

maddogtheta Well-Known Member

I'm okay with his truck mode looking dirty. It fits in with the real world aesthetic of used machinery and it not looking showroom floor fresh.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Reygn

Reygn Leader of The Abyss

I know, but having seen this figure for so long now, I've started to dislike it more and more, I still know it's the best right now, but this design for Optimus is my favorite so far, and I hope to own a figure to display my feelings on it, so I hope TransCraft sacrifices and enter herd of bunnies for their witchcraft, because they need to go big, or go home.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks fantastic, but why does it have to be at this scale? What in the world (other than oversized KO's) would scale with it? I suppose future TW offerings perhaps, but until those come out this will have to stand on a shelf all by its lonesome.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So this thread has sort of blown up and I haven't read everything so maybe what I am going to say has already been said, and maybe people have already shot down people whom may have already said this. Anyways... I backed out on this figure because of the price increase. I say increase because I know I saw shops post the price at around $180. That may have been a mistake, but that price falls in line with just about every other figures of this size and complexity from most 3rd party companies. Then, it jumped to $260 or $280 everywhere. If you think that's worth it then by all means have at it. I just have a sneaky suspicion that it was in response to 3A's non transforming version going for around $200 and reviews saying how much more they would pay for one that transformed.

This is all just me being paranoid but who knows.

10. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Except you can still buy the standard version of the figure (without the stand and blast effects) for 168$ on ShowzStore.

• Like Like x 4
  11. maddogtheta

maddogtheta Well-Known Member

and the deluxe for $185...

• Like Like x 4
  12. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You mean at two retailers who are known for higher prices? Cause I can find you plenty of places with him for 170-180

• Like Like x 5
  13. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Can someone please tell me if you can still find him for $180 or less?

I'm kidding.

Anyways, thanks. I don't really shop at ShowzStore... but that's a huge difference between retailers, like, more than normal.

14. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It’s mainly TCP and TFSource doing the 250 thing. TFSource being the first to put that price, and they are known to elevate prices by a ridiculous amount . For example, wejiang products and other various third parties being about 50% more expensive for no reason other than them later putting them on “sale” for the retail price. And then there is the recent thing where we now know US retailers like to bully other retailers into making the prices higher so theirs seems less bad. They are a pretty scummy site and I can’t say I’ll miss them if they ever disappear.

• Like Like x 5
  15. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's okay...I've got the WJ upscaled one and a pre-order for the Deluxe Freedom Leader, the Aoyi Mech and the Fire Scorpion...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Baba still has the standard one at his store for $157.99, with the deluxe at $172.99. They're both "discounted" from $198.99, but he usually keeps those prices for at least until it gets in stock, and often for a while after.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Well the last two things I ordered from TFSource, Magic Square MP Prime and UT Challenger, weren't marked up that bad. That being said, I've stopped using TFSource for other reasons- as in that Magic Square Prime came in a completely messed up box, and it was JUST the figure's box, not the shipping, so I know they shipped it to me in that condition. There were several other screwed up boxes... but that's besides the point. I pre-ordered ToyWorld's Freedom Leader from TF-Direct where I just put a deposit. When I saw the $260-280 price get thrown around, I canceled with TF-Direct for the time being. That, if anyone cared, was what made me make that post initially. And like I said, I haven't read this thread recently so I probably would have known.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please move all new pics to front page...thanks

• Like Like x 1
  19. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

This is one of my main reasons as to why I’m a fan of it to begin with, and was over the moon when Siege included it because it made no sense to me that an alien mechanical machine would be pristine after eons of war/space travel.

I get that people like shiny pretty collectibles but imo you moot your point when moaning about accuracy if you don’t want some kind of weathering/dirty effect.

There is a point where it is too much however. I think Toyworld have done it just right here with the odd scuffs and scrapes about.

20. Chris C137

Chris C137 Has a faux butt-flap. That partsforms.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    maxresdefault.jpg

I can accept it to a degree with the robot mode, but if we're talking accuracy, Toyworlds deco for the alt mode is completely inaccurate.

• Like Like x 4