Toyworld TW-F09 Freedom Leader

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Desertwindhounds, Jan 11, 2019.

1. svek

svek Well-Known Member

I think the headsculpt is beautiful here no matter if it's 100% screen accurate or not.
    toy-world-tw-f09-freedom-leader-unofficial-movie-scale-cybertron-optimus-prime (12)__scaled_800.jpg
    While Dragoon simply looks dead or stupid :lol 
    73370501_561450234608340_5283502543714910208_n.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah UT seems to be stuck in the days of 2014 and earlier where movie designs weren't using ILM files and didn't need to look all that accurate/detailed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Again, I don't even expect figures to be 99% movie accurate as long as they capture the general feel of the character but unfortunately UT Dragoon doesn't look like ~150$ transforming figure but more like transformer toy or a 80$ os ko, no matter all that undeniably CRAZY engineering they put there.
    Sadly, that is my problem with most of their movie figures - Challenger, Peru Kill - so I just wish I had more Toy World's options.

4. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

Yeah, I really don't mean to be offensive, but I think most people are overly anal over something in particular, in this case headsculpts. This Prime's headsculpt looks good, just like UT Dragoon,but people somehow find the most inaccurate minuscule detail to point it out. I don't know how they do it!

Enough! no more comments about it from my part!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Unicron the Chaos Bringer

Unicron the Chaos Bringer Protecc this smile!

News Credits:
    I like optimus with an axe, even more when it's a massive halberd. But I'd really like if toyworld included the bay movie sword designs with this guy. Those things are just absolutely sick and fit the movie aesthetic so well

• Like Like x 6
  6. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You must be looking at a different page to what ShowZ links to on their website.
    Those are what I can find, which match up with every other retailer I can check (right down to the colours so they probably copy/pasted from the same source), as well as the pictures from Cheem I linked before. Though they don't mention the boxes (unless that's Trench?).

7. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hm, guess they changed the description from what it was :oops: 

8. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Have you noticed that the two trucks of Optimus movies appear in the T2 movie? the Bayverse in the scene where the T800 arrives, and the Knightverse that drives the T1000. :D :D :D 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

Probably will give a better headsculpt in a newer release. You know the drill at this point : (

10. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Swords are way too fucking overdone as "The Hero's weapon" IMO. Everywhere you look, the heros always have a sword. An axe is a nice change of pace for me.

• Like Like x 4
  11. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think Optimus only used an axe in the second episode of G1.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Applejacktimus

Well, it certainly left an impression if it's the one melee weapon that most modern Primes have been getting since TFA.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't think UT can just phone up ILM to ask for the files to make an unlicensed product based on their designs.

14. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    For me, an Axe is superb, better than a sword. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  15. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I prefer his signature rifle from Bumblebee movie. Which TW has yet to make.

16. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Real fair of you to use a mistransformed pic from an unofficial and grainy video :rolleyes:  TW Prime's headsculpt simply isn't accurate proportionally no matter what way you show it. It's the issue I have with all their stuff really, just like the (legitimate) issue you have with UT's stuff is the depth of the detail. TW is like someone who is really good at drawing details but misses the overall picture, and UT is like someone who is a really good artist but maybe doesn't always finish their work.
    We're humans. 90% of our emotion and character is conveyed and portrayed in our faces. It's literally programmed into us before birth to recognize and read faces. So much so that it confuses us when other animals DON'T do that as much. So yeah, headsculpts are gonna get a lot of scrutiny.
    Totally agree. I like Optimus having a little bit more of a brawler or overwhelming force type style. I also love when Transformers have hammers and I loooooove when their weapons store inside their bodies.
    That's G1 fans for you a lot of the time: "It's totally iconic and untouchable!" "It only appeared for half an episode and it was animated wrong half the time" "well....Michael Bay likes sex jokes and the robots are too spiky so that's all trash!"

• Like Like x 2
  17. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You missed the point. The point is now Hasbro is using ILM files and third parties are trying to make it look like their figures do as well, like dx9’s hot rod, or both knight Orion and freedom leader. You don’t need ILM files to make it detailed like the movie. UT unlike TW and dx9 Can’t seem to grasp how to make many layers of panel lining which the movie bots NEED.

18. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hell yeah! Oh wait, were you trying to be condescending? Because Michael Bay's sex jokes, along with the drug jokes were ridiculously immature and stupid and the robots were way too damned spiky.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Applejacktimus

You sure do criticize G1 fans often.

IMO, It's not MTMTE Part 2 that made the axe iconic, but its constant appearances throughout the franchise from Animated, IDW, War for Cybertron, Dark of the Moon, Cyberverse, etc, and innumerable figures as an accessory. All that built-up history of Optimus having an axe referencing a brief scene in G1, naturally the G1 axe itself is going to be remembered too.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    They criticize my preferences often *shrug*

But you’re of course correct about the axe.

• Like Like x 2