Toyworld TW-F09 Tactics Waistcoat (Freedom Leader)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Desertwindhounds, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Desertwindhounds

Desertwindhounds Toy Robot Exploiter

Twitter:
    Toyworld’s Bumblebee movie Prime, from their Weibo. More info on January 20th.

“TW-F09 Freedom Leader, humanoid height about 30 cm, deformable, alloy skeleton, 3A painting, with radiant sound, more information announced, Guan + turn, January 20, 2019 pumping TW-C07P electroplating Hercules set.”

A71B18EF-1416-420F-84CF-63BDD8576D62.jpeg
    5D401454-B0CE-4C1F-B22A-4D6215E13F48.png
    B5BE9F4A-D48D-473F-BC9D-36921C040591.jpeg

From their Weibo.
    33D2149A-04AC-45CB-823C-D77C89AA64CD.jpeg 1D808BBF-651D-42B1-9DB3-F6D0654E456A.jpeg
    0C2416CB-38D0-412B-9431-E91529544F2E.jpeg 2FF6D6BB-7E05-4031-86AA-2A317A72FF55.jpeg 3D7BC5E7-E461-4769-8C88-2F94377B0133.jpeg 3781B17D-1405-445A-8CC5-850B636C751E.jpeg

Fix for chest locking
    Another chest fix

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 37
  2. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

Really?

They are competing with 3A with a transformable?

If it looks good and a Blitzwing is also in the pipeline then I will wait and see. They certainly have Shatter and Dropkick planned.

I was 90% onboard with 3A, just waiting for their Optimus to show.

Toyworld's progress will be slow though. They have the Studio Series ones to finalise and I think their G1 team is separate.

20th January is just the date for the lucky draw for their clear Constructor.

• Like Like x 6
  3. bigwhitey21

bigwhitey21 Well-Known Member

Toyworld has been doing awesome with their movievrse figures. As long as this transforms, I'm in!

• Like Like x 9
  4. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Definitely watching this! I love the Bumblebee movie Optimus design.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Leopard5

Leopard5 Human in disguise

News Credits:
    It transforms, that's what "deformable" is referring to.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heck yes, bring it on!! Love this design! Definitely worthy of some 3rd-party attention. And they can give it the correct Freightliner alt mode, since they have the luxury of making it after the movie's already out, haha.

(Although I don't need any "radiant sound" in my figures, whatever that is.)

• Like Like x 4
  7. madex

madex Well-Known Member

Mpm scale? Btw was blitwing just a head for their ww2 starscream or its own figure?

8. bigwhitey21

bigwhitey21 Well-Known Member

Yep. I was more refering to 3a bots don't transform. This one does. So I'm all for it. I like the toys more for their engineering than anything else. I don't buy non-transformers.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Optimis prime

Optimis prime Well-Known Member

brr many Toyworld have bunch of project but the old one take time to finish. TLK Prime still on hold and now they put this teaser. Anyway will buy it for sure lol.

10. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

Yes please!!! Now.... 747.gif

• Like Like x 5
  11. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Haha, ToyWorld, good meme. Looking forward to seeing another flop from them. I'm sure it'll look as amazing as their other movie Prime. The one they got from Black Mamba and didn't make themselves. Which seems to be their current business model.

• Like Like x 2
  12. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    another flop? uh.... last I checked they made this thing (something that seems to be widely praised)
    [​IMG]
    also rather funny that you say its their business model, yet all their other movie figs have been original molds... that one prime was just sold to them. pretty sure its not your business model if you do it once and then continue on with original stuff.

• Like Like x 7
  13. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they bought at least one of the others (Bumblebee and/or the old guy tank thing whose name I forget and don't care about anyway).

Also, Zeta made Constructor. They split from ToyWorld. Now ToyWorld are milking the mould, and they're clearly just grabbing any designers they possibly can to make whatever random stuff they can think up.

At least their packaging is still decent.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Was waiting for a 3rd party to do a better version of Prime and Bee from the new movie.

• Like Like x 1
  15. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    yeah no those 2 are made by them. I sort of feel there is a more personal thing here, given your clear hatred for a company making stuff people like. I might as well go out and start hating on zeta toys and start saying how much i hate them for making a lot of figures that seem to actually be turning out well.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:

One hit in an ever growing sea of crap, does not an argument make.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Yeah, gotta jump in a second here.

As a few of us likely have, I've gotten the chance to speak with vendors at Botcon. I bring this up because in speaking with them, one of the things I've found as common is that a few of them didn't care for Toyworld and how they worked with them, if at all. Certain vendors were actually at a point where they didn't want to carry their products. People who bought their products and needed aftermarket assistance found it difficult, as vendors basically said unless they had leftover parts from defective ones already sent back, you were SOL. This was due to almost zero assistance from Toyworld, and people really saw it happening with Constructor if they hadn't dealt with it before (in case you weren't aware--awesome as it is, that first run was PLAGUED with issues).

As a result, the fact that their design team broke off and formed Zeta was no surprise to me at all, as I'm sure that was the same for many others. Clearly, the way that the Toyworld owners ran their company was enough of a mess to scare off vendors as well as their designers. People with that kind of memory, I get why they aren't very trusting of Toyworld now that they're trying to restart. Whether they've changed the way they do things we'll find out as these new products start coming out, and we'll see how they handle aftermarket support. But it's not the same as going off to hate another company just because. Toyworld has earned that rep. They'll have to work to earn a new one. And maybe they will--things can change. But there are reasons people are distrusting.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

No, those other words don't really match with what I'm saying at all. Don't know about people hating. One poster comes on strong, so that's everyone "hating." And the company makes the figures. They used to make bad figures. Or, they didn't offer aftermarket support for said-figures. So people are skeptical about the new figures (not hating). I even said maybe they'll do better this time. But people have reason to be skeptical. That was my point, and you missed it.

• Like Like x 3
  19. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Personally? You're a funny guy. I bought some of ToyWorld's earlier figures (after they ditched the iGear name, mind you, and iGear earned a pretty rocky reputation too, not forgetting that they were also CHMS and/or Art Feather, from what I remember, which made glorified KOs) and even defend things like their rather mediocre Headmasters. Their Searchlight is still one of my favourite third-party figures because it was done well (along with their Rollbar; but not all their Throttlebots were as good as those two).

What was the last thing ToyWorld made that was good out of the gate (keeping in mind that Constructor was indeed plagued with issues during its first run, and still runs into issues now and then)? Their Arcee had issues. Their Springer had issues. Their Kup was a mess (particularly in the colour scheme). Their Legends Wheeljack seems to have turned out okay but I'm pretty sure they bought that off another company (I can't recall who but I'm pretty sure it was unveiled under a different brand initially), and it's pretty basic anyway. But that's about it in recent history.

They have a rocky past. @Pun-3X nailed exactly how I feel - this could absolutely turn out well, but given their history, it more than likely won't, and I'm not ready to give them the benefit of the doubt at this stage. Look at a company like X-Transbots/KFC or even Zeta - they've learnt and improved over time. Hell, Keith has a notoriously bad reputation and yet his companies have put out some absolutely incredible figures recently. So maybe ToyWorld can turn their reputation around too. But will they? Keith can manage a business pretty well. The ToyWorld team don't seem to be capable of that.

Only time will tell if they get better but for now, they're not in a particularly great place. If you want to unconditionally love their stuff, go ahead. Me, I'm going to remain in the "ToyWorld sucks until proven otherwise" camp.

And frankly, if I may say so, you don't seem to be very familiar with ToyWorld's history, so you appear to be approaching this from a standpoint of "hey, their stuff seems okay" whereas some of us know exactly of what they are (and aren't) capable.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lovin' it so far :cool: 

01.png

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 31