Toyworld TW-02 Orion (IDW Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, May 3, 2013.

1. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is this? And is this actually confirmed from the retailers or just fanboy speculation?

2. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Because it's too close to what the official products look like coming from HasTak.

BBTS/TFS never carried Hegemon, Genesis, and now TW-02. If you don't believe me, you can always just ask customer service from the said e-tailers.

3. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    Yeah I was afraid of this and suspect it to be the case. Hegemon and now 'not' Optimus look too similar to their iconic counterparts that BBTS and others will not carry them so they do not 'offend' Hasbro. I honestly do not blame them - I got Hegemon from Chimungmung (spelling?) and Captured Prey also carried Hegemon. I sure we will have some options to get this 'not' Optimus down the road.

4. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what your saying basically all the classics cons need a size upgrade to fit in with Hegemon? Isn't that the same thing as saying Hegemon does not fitting in with the current classics(con at least, Autobots are OK).

5. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

No bigger seekers and triple changers is good.

Better to upscale these than downscale all the Autobots (except classic Prime who it seems like we are already getting a TW upscale:) ).

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very cool. Will get.

7. Roller81

Roller81 Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for this. It doesnt look a thing like the sillouette that was posted. I'll wait to see the final product but at the moment I'm leaning left.

8. Probono

Probono Hakuna Matata

The right choice/shade of paint will make a world of difference.

9. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

I agree and while I do understand why some are put-off by classics mold's arm kiddle - believe me it was one of the reasons I never picked one up until 2011 - and want this as their proper classics prime, especially since it sizes up to Hegemon well. This looks like it will a good, no great figure, but it lacks a, I guess, presence that classic's mold still has. Don's design are not the easiest to flesh as their intricate as they are HELLA COOL:cool: , so I give ToyWorld koudos for this. Even if they tweek this I may wait.... Next year is TF 30 yr anniversary and I'd be disappointed if HAS/TAK doesn't have something big planned.

and those that aren't reading IDW - you're missing out on some of the best (not perfect) TF stories ever (More Than Meets The Eye:rock )

10. X Nightmare

X Nightmare Your Worst Nightmare

News Credits:
    That Optimus is amazing.

11. bigwhitey21

bigwhitey21 Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping Toyworld or some 3rd party will make a bigger seeker mold. Starscream looks like a dwarf next to Hegemon.
    Now as for the new Optimus mold, I haven't seen any of the new comic books so his design is fine for me. As long as he can look Hegemon in the eyes I'll be happy.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, I'm all in for a voyager Seeker mold.

13. ss4steve

ss4steve Rogue Phase Sixer

+1

I would be interested to see if Toyworld takes the challenge on this.

I still hold to the idea that TFC should drop doing combiners after Uranos and look to their already well designed Eagle and retooling and/or repainting it to make seekers...Eagle is a great match to Hegemon.
    I know there is a lot of those who are burnt on seekers and just don't wanna spend 100.00 on a voyager class seeker when Igear was doing MP scale in the same relative price range.
    Perhaps they would lower the price if they are mass producing recolors of already paid for molds? Would recoup a ton of lost revenue on that Uranos project.

14. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks great but i'm hoping he comes with a matrix.

15. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Hm, I like the DF design, but somehow the toy execution comes off as a bit clunky. I'm also a bit reluctant given Hasbro's current push for comic-based figures - they might release a better/cheaper one soon.

16. Hothouse Prime

Hothouse Prime Not old... Just older.

Eagle is a seeker waiting to happen. New head, false chest canopy, and null rays make this mold into an easy voyager seeker. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

17. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

While I like Toyworld's version, I really hope you're right and Hasbro makes an official one. I really think that Classics collectors deserve it.

18. DisThunder

DisThunder Just got here.

News Credits:
    I'd love to see Hasbro do one as well. Gotta be a big boy, though. I think Don's design is intricate enough you need to get him into the Ultra/Leader sizes to really get it right. I think a Voyager would need to be simplified to the point that it wouldn't be much different from the old Classics one.
    That's my only grief with this one as well, I know he's scaled for Hegemon, but IDW Prime should be massive compared to most of the other Autobots- to the extent that most of them only come up to his waist.

19. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

I really like the look of not-Optimus. More than I expected I would, since I wasn't that huge on his look in the IDW comics.

But do I really need another Optimus? Not really. Think I'll await for more pics and maybe he'll replace my Henkei Optimus.

20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    ill just leave this here :p 

[​IMG]

its a decent effort, but I cant say id really spend any money on this. At least if this prototype is any indication. Its flat and boxy and out of proportion :T that SD version nails the design better than this does and I think between the two, despite my not really being a big fan or collector of SD stuff, i'd choose the SD one over this

Attached Files: