Toyworld TW-02 Orion (IDW Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, May 3, 2013.

1. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Hopefully it will be good news.

2. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I am very tempted by this but I don't think it'll be a figure that sells out, I hope they do an ultra magnus version with armor.

3. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm, yeah. I could definitely see a Nemesis repaint and it may even look 1000x better. A second and third pass in checking out the recent updated pics make me think perhaps I was being to harsh in my initial assessment, but seeing the asking price of $100 bones definitely made me take a few steps back. That seems a little pricey.

4. Rotoraptor

Rotoraptor Banned

Without a doubt. I'm getting MMC's Leo Dux for 109, and this thing won't be even half as awesome as that will. This should be like...80-85 tops, especially with such limited paint aps. Shame, that's the same reason I'm not interested in KFC's new perceptor. Not enough bang for the buck they're asking.

5. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks fantastic but what happened to the days when 3rd parties were around to fill in the gaps left by HasTak? I certainly see no absence of OP offrings from HasTak so why even make this. I applaud the effort but my classics OP is a great mold, its official and I'm not spending $90 to $120 for a voyeger I aready have.

If your listening, please stop making toys that we already have too many of and start making the toys we want.

6. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

the coloring is a little off for me. they also copied the takara dead eyes look. i think the windows need heavier tint. its wierd to see through tehm so easily because what is behind it is so red. throw's prime traditional look out the window. still its tempting even if it doesn't somuch remind me of the idw design in bot mode, it still looks good. i assume hegemon fans will be all over this as they need a hegemon sized prime.

7. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Man, I've seen a lot of 3rd party prototypes, but this has to be one of the best I've seen. it just looks so clean and well thought out. Normally I could care less about pose able wheels, but this just looks.....right.

8. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks Pink like that 25th ann reissue of G1 prime Pinkimus Prime we got. Really bad lighting or is that the color?

9. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

well the classics mold is from 2006/7 or so and the new idw op from hastak is a tiny tiny legends class fig. i think classics prime is just ok...the kibble on the forearms is almost unforgiveable though. this is the superior figure i'd say.

10. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    Doesn't surprise me with the $100 price tag, Hegemon came in for the same price last year IIRC. I'm going to wait for a review before I pul the trigger. Need to know if I can change the head myself and/or if another 3rd party group will offer a new head for it.

11. ty_starr

ty_starr Well-Known Member

If they do a Nemesis Prime or a blue Powered Convoy version I may bite

12. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I never understand this. Who's the "we" in that statement? the fandom? When has the fandom ever agreed on something everyone wants (except maybe a MP Soundwave)?

Point is, even if fans agreed on characters, they would then have to agree on what size and price point they want. these people make toys that have a higher chance of selling. I see this selling since there are people who don't like Voy OP, and want it to look like it works with hegemon.

Off topic, I would be curious on what a poll would show for fan voted toys. Only let people vote once, and write in their top three characters (and size class). It'd be interesting to see what happened.

13. ToasterPrime

ToasterPrime Toast maker

I'm gonna buy this.

14. Roller81

Roller81 Well-Known Member

I won't be buying this, it's an exxtreme dissapointment. I was so excited when I saw the sillouette teaser for TW-02. I thought that with the amazing job that was done on their Hegemon figure that this would be the perfect compliment. A matched 3rd party classics Prime and Megatron. I can't buy this for my classics Prime and so I also won't buy Hegemon either most likely. Sorry you dropped the ball TW.

THis also makes me have doubts over the teased dinobots as well. *sigh*

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

Let them make stuff people such as us do not want. There is so much goign on with 3P any cut is welcomed. :) 

In the end FP, MT, MMC and MI have me covered and those are the companies I enjoy supporting so Toyworld can go nuts revamping figures that already exist. :) 

16. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    It's really quite pitiful when the $10 Hasbro version does this design better at the Legends pricepoint than a proven Third Party Company can with an Voyager scale and a $100 pricepoint.

17. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Wow, this is just bad, after Hegemon I expected so much more. The headsculpt is complete crap and the colors don't help, he looked better as a gray prototype lol

18. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    awesome, what's the comparison to chug size class

19. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I liked the look of this in proto, now I see it coloured, it looks... off. Wait for reviews methinks.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Not a fan. I like the Throttlebots (not nearly as enamored with Hegemon as everyone else seems to be) but this just didn't turn out well IMO. The cab mode doesn't look bad but I'm just not digging the bot mode.