Toyworld or Fansproject Headmasters?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BoNKerS, Sep 30, 2013.

?

Toyworld or Fansproject Headmasters?

1. Toyworld

81 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Fansproject

298 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. C310 Ginrai

C310 Ginrai Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Which of the following is the closest to the above model?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    TW version is a different colour to what's next to my monitor for starters but the FP one nails the alt mode, no arguments there.

3. Healin

Healin Well-Known Member

Quad U won me over even though most sang praises for Smart Robin, so its FP for me. I only collect deceptions and have ordered Quad U + the soon to be released bat. Hopefully I get them soon. :) 

4. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Lol. Flying brick.

5. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Completely agree. People always assume everyone wants one or the other. What about those of us who like to mix?

6. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah its a shame toyworlds brainstorm ended up that way as his robot mode is very nice.

I think the safe money is still firmly in FP's court, all their FX figures have been fantastic and the best part of each one is discovering their unique innovative transformion which jizai continues to set the bar for in terms of pure "OOOOHHHH" satisfaction. :lol 

That said Swamper is freaking awesome still I'm happy to have bought him. If TW ever do another headmaster that looks as nice as him I'll probably grab it. But for my "core" set I'm certainly sticking to FP since I'm three figures deep already.

7. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I hate FP chromedome (what's with the ugly head?), their brainstrom and mindwipe are nice but way too small to be in scale with an orion based classics collection.
    TW hardhead is great (could use a better colored head though), swamper is fantastic and brainwave has its flaws but it's still impressive in bot mode.

TW all the way.

8. Ninjammer

Ninjammer Member

I have them all, (PE, FP, TW) and plan to keep collecting them all, but that's because of my personal tastes, and I love headmasters more than any other G1 Transformers concept. I enjoy the beefy X-Wing TW Brainstorm, and his robot mode with hand-held scythes. I enjoy the smaller FP Brainstorm, which I play with like an A-Wing, a small, fast scout, and when Hasbro release theirs, I see him like a B-Wing, a chunkier yet sleek bomber. Reminds me of Slave-1 a bit as well. They all have a place in my fantasy world of Transformer toys.

Or in the terminology of the X-series of games, FP is my M2, TW is my M3, and Hasbro is my M3+.

9. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do we know if Hasbro's version will have a head compatible with TW?

10. chroma23

chroma23 Well-Known Douchebag

Facebook:
    i highly prefer FP over TW simply because of their engineering and plastic quality. TW suffers from relatively lower plastic quality, paint jobs and loose joints. and FP does a better job on the head sculpts.

that said, i am still unsure whether to keep hardbone or get the FP version later on. brainwave...no thanks, just look at his face

11. DogFriedRice

I have TW Swamper and do not know of these loose joints and lower plastic quality you speak of.

What's wrong with Brainwave's face? I have Smart robin and hate that he has't got a face plate.

12. chroma23

Facebook:
    hardbone reeks of loose joints; i had to take the whole figure apart and nail polish almost every joint i can access to. plastic feels abit cheap compared to FP, i can relate the plastic to the ones TFC uses for hercules, if not the same. mind you, hardbone is still a nice figure overall with a very bold alt mode, but in terms of QC and plastic quality FP wins hands down

well smart robin's face probably is referencing the japanese anime look which has a mouth, so while i prefer a face with face plate, i find their mouth face to be acceptable. on the other hand, brainwave's head looks like someone punched him in the face, looks really flat and recessed . i dont blame G1 headmaster faces being flat because they have the forehead flap covering the face. i am fine with TW not being able to cover up the face but i would expect their face sculpts to be abit more refined and not......flat. even the G1 headmaster junior face sculpts are better than brainwave, given that those do not have a forehead flaps to hide the faces either

13. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

Fansproject. Except for toy world hardhead. Always seen hardhead, bigger then the rest of the headmasters.

14. DogFriedRice

I don't have Hardbone so I don't know but should you be judging the whole line from one figure?

For me they both have good and bad points. The only reason I chose to go with FP for my Autobot HMs is because of Warden. If Warden was bigger then it would be a close call.

15. Gauntlet101010

Gauntlet101010 Well-Known Member

I don't really care about Headmasters. The only one I had as a kid was Squeezeplay (and I hope one of the two companies will make it). I wasn't too impressed with Code when I bought it, but after reading some MTMTE I found myself wanting a Brainwave and I picked up FP's take on a whim.

I love that toy. Just wow. On the strength of that I picked up Wiedwolf and am sold on the whole line.

Although I did get Harbone on BBTS' clearance sale.

16. chroma23

Facebook:
    not one figure, but a whole production batch. unlike most people who order it from online stores and shipped to them. i had a chance a few yrs ago to visit a toy store in hong kong where they just had hardbone in stock so they have cases of them. i spent half an hour in the store just trying to pick one with the least paint app and qc issues. picked the one with the least issues, took it home and open it...while its still a nice figure, i still had to take apart to nail polish the joints...and dont get me started on stripped screws

perhaps their stuff is better further down the road. but brainwave killed the deal for me with their blocky X-wing alt mode and more importantly flat face. to be fair, swamper looks promising from the pics but by then i have already dug too deep into the FP headmasters line.....so FP line for me.

if there is no other alternative from other 3rd party makers, i would have followed TW's headmasters line, but with one figure with QC issues (but still not bad figure) and another figure i simply said "no" to because of unconvincing robot and alt modes......i went for the alternative

17. Raika

Raika Well-Known Member

The plastic quality for all TW headmasters is very good. Only Hardbone has any looseness in the joints, Brainwave and Swamper have good, tight joints. Swamper is especially good in that department. You can't say they all suffer from it just because one did. Poor paint jobs? Not seeing that on any of the three either, just a little scuffing on Swamper's boney bits.

18. chroma23

Facebook:
    perhaps you are right. however, the problem is more about one figure suffers from production issues, and the next one suffers from aesthetics issue. i prefer a more consistent quality line, and i feel FP offers that more than TW does.

FP wins in plastic quality hands down. on a unrelated note, this is also the reason i did not pick up TW orion; i couldn't stand the cheap looking bright red plastic.

19. Raika

Raika Well-Known Member

I understand that some don't like aesthetic choices with Brainwave, I wasn't enthusiastic about it until getting it in hand and now I like it a lot. I just think it's unfair to blanket the whole line with the first release's QC (not aesthetic) problems since they worked on those and improved them. From what I've seen Swamper has even been well received even by FP Headmaster fans like yourself.

I dunno what it is but Toyworld colours don't photograph well it seems. I know what you mean about Orion's red in photos, and Brainwave appears aqua blue in some when he's very close to Smart Robin in reality.

20. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Got Swamper. Okay but a little disappointing, particularly the headmaster.