ToyWorld new produ. 3 May 2013

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by triknot, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All the Throttlebot had a very unified design, they all had the same transformation. These actually have some originality. I think that's good.

Also, so far they are all SUVs, if you count a Jeep as an SUV.

2. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just thinking TW-02 would look nice with the Generations Deluxe Bee.

[​IMG]

3. ToasterPrime

ToasterPrime Toast maker

They could square out the temple/eyebrows, but regardless, if this comes out I'll buy it.

[​IMG]

4. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    Can't wait to see actual final colored product. Did I see somewhere that this is possibly scheduled for release in August?

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guess I'm the only one thinking that a pointier headed Prime = easier breakage to the figure. *shrug*

6. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Throttlebots robot designs unified look was a big part of them. Originality is all fine and good, but if it doesn't end up looking anything like the character it's supposed to be what's the point of doing a "homage" toy at all.

-ZacWilliam, if it looked like Chase I'd be interested, as a quite possible good toy that looks like an entirely original character thats not a Throttlebot... meh...

7. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    I thought the Throttlebot is suppose to be Freeway.

8. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did Toyworld ever claim that this is Chase or that these are Throttlebots? EVER? It's an original toy that fans have called Throttlebot homages.

Besdies, if its a combiner, you can't really end up with 6 near-identical robots, can you?

9. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Are you saying they're too small to be MP scale? Hardbone stands impressively well next to MP Sideswipe in pics, bigger and bulkier but not vastly towering over him. Plus of course you have the human size of the HM which isn't far off MP-10 Spike.
    I get that, and to repeat, I have nothing against them as figures. But not-Rollbar (sorry can't remember his TW name) was a pretty good 'Throttlebot-esque' design, whether or not he was intended to be (and I't's fairly obvious he was intended to be).
    Unified design/transformation I meant. All the original Throttlebots had that signature transformation where the front of the vehicle was the feet, (including all four wheels), roof/top of the vehicle was the chest, and the rear end folded down into a backpack. Clearly TW's line is not going with this at all, which is fine, but that doesn't stop me wanting a set of modern Throttlebots which do look that way :) 

10. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I am saying Hardbone is too small to be MP scale.

The new MP line seems to be portraying toys in scale with the MP10 and then using the animation size legend. Wasn't Hardhead as tall as Optimus Prime in that? So if this is Masterpiece Hardhead, he should be as tall as MP10.

[​IMG]

See, that's Optimus Prime and Hardhead standing just as tall as each other in the official size chart. Is Hardbone as tall as MP-10?

[​IMG]

11. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    It all comes down to personally preference I suppose, IMHO he can go with either the Classics or MP'S -

12. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not a matter of preference to say he's NOT the right size. Takara is protraying the MP toys at a specific show size. They are following the size chart from the animation now, and Hardbone is several inches shorter than he needs to be. You can call it anything you want, but it's not the right size for Takara's MP current line. Hardhead was a big as Optimus on their charts.

13. Liminality

Liminality Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm the Legends Generation Optimus looks way more dynamic than Toyworld's.

Now should I buy both TW's and FP's not-Brainstorm...
    TW's looks closer to G1 but somehow he looks like a retooled Hardbone. That and FP's engineering and quality is far superior.

14. OptimusTimelord

See that looks about right to me (except Chromedome). Sure, if Hardbone were a fraction larger it would be even better, but I don't see much chance of ever getting bigger 3rd p Headmasters - official TT Masterpieces would be our best hope and I imagine we're still a long way off that happening, if ever.

Chromedome is too small for my tastes; I'd rather all the HM bots were more or less the same height, as that's how they were depicted in comic/toon, so imagining him at Hardbone size (and the car mode that would come from that) would be perfect. Whereas a Chromedome that's an MP-10 size robot, as you're suggesting, would obviously be far too big (for me anyway, YMMV).

Basically as long as the Headmasters are bigger than regular bots like Sideswipe I'm happy :) 

15. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's fine for your personal collection, obviously you can put Smallest Rodimus on your Masterpiece shelf. It's just not in the scale Takara is doing for the MP line. Hardhead was as tall as Optimus in their scale.

16. OptimusTimelord

Like I said, the idea of a MP-10 size Chromedome is clearly far too big. That would be a Binaltech size car. A Hardbone-sized Chromedome makes far more sense. You can't let a chart dictate what looks right... Scourge looking like a midget next to Cyclonus? :lol  Sometimes you have to use common sense.

17. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I agree sometimes it looks silly. I'm just going by what Takara is doing, which is making Masterpiece toys from that size chart.

I believe, although Chromedome isn't on that chart I pictured, they portrayed him as tall as the shorter Headmasters. He's not a human sized car, but a large armored vehicle.

18. OptimusTimelord

Based on the toy, there is probably some leeway to make him a bigger armoured vehicle, but if you watch The Rebirth he's shown pretty much as a sports car similar to Hot Rod's alt mode size. I think that's actually him on the chart standing between Grimlock's dino-mode and the Nebulan (?). The four Headmasters stood virtually shoulder to shoulder onscreen, with Headmaster Arcee and Targetmasters like Hot Rod a head shorter. Whereas a proper size MP Hot Rod (not counting MP-09) ought to be not much taller than MP-12. It's a bit of a minefield, and I don't envy TT trying to make a toyline out of it! :) 

19. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Rebirth is not Takara.

20. OptimusTimelord

Then I defer to anyone who knows what the differences in Chromedome's alt mode are between The Rebirth and the Japan Headmasters series...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.