ToyWorld new produ. 3 May 2013

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by triknot, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think they are plenty smart designing their own stuff..... If anything, i'd like to see them design their own trailer for this to match up with it. I own the G3 trailer from fansproject and it's a great accessory. I would rather see their own aesthetic to be completely honest. I have all of their figures they have put out so far, and I trust what they are doing, like I do with MMC.

- Gregg

2. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    Do you know something we don't? (by we, I mean me, which means this is a rhetorical question since everyone knows more than me) :lol 

3. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No reason not to make the hitch compatible with Classic Voyager Optimus Prime, Then you could let him tow any of the FansProject or BTS trailer, the Masterarmor OR an original trailer.

4. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Yes, YES, GODS $%^&*(), YES!

These all looks awesome. Will be picking OP and Chase no questions asked.

Brainstorm has his own awesome looks as well, but I'll have to think about him and Smart Robin.

I picked up Chromedome and like him. Picked up HardBone and was luke-warm on him. Weird coming from a guy who prefers G1... I would normally follow the pattern of FansProject but their own "Spin" on stuff with the anime vibe just sucks most of the time... and there is maybe a bit too much of that in their Smart Robin compared to Chromedome. ToyWorld has held very true to the IDW/G1 styles. Smartly so, and My personal preference. I prefer it if it was Smart Robin sized; but beggars can't be choosers. I may get both, or I may only get one.... but either way THANK YOU ToyWorld for giving FansProject a run for their money and producing beautiful IDW figures. Someone needed too!

5. CapnScumbone

CapnScumbone Ruiner of mirth

Brainstorm better come with a the briefcase.

6. Roller81

Roller81 Well-Known Member

I have been waiting for TW's IDW Prime and well, I'm a bit deflated. This design jsut seem sto be rather flat and blocky while the IDW design always seemed very sleek. I dont feel a bit of the character of Prime coming from this design.

From reading the comments it seems that Prime has had a luke-warm reception from the fandom, so maybe TW will tweek a few thingson the design such as longer biceps, tapered forearms, flared boot style legs and possibly a more design accurate head. Here's hoping because I REALLY want a Great classics Prime to stand against my Hegemon.

The Nottlebot is bought on site as I already own Grind Rod and Aurora...cant believe I'm buying a combining team without seeing the combined form.

Not a big headmaster fan but that bot does look awesome, as does TW's Hardbone. So cheers for the fans!

7. Raiju

Raiju Kaiju Mod Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very cool. IDW OP is bought to stand against Hegemon (I hope MP-20 really is Megatron v2 so I can move my Hegemon from my main Cons display where he's currently standing in). Proportions in bot mode are nice, and truck mode is a bit stylized but I appreciate the little details, like swiveling wheels (hopefully they're on a magnetic front axle like Binaltech Meister so both wheels can turn in the same direction at the same time).

Brainstorm looks pretty neat. So TW is going head-to-head with FP with their not-Headmasters then.

Not-Chase is slick and bought to go with my Grindrod and Aurora.

8. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Something about optimus just looks....off

His vehicle mode is really flat looking all around, very block-like. It's kinda odd looking.

His bot mode feels very similar in that regard.

The IDW Prime that Don designed still looks vastly more impressive to me.

And I still hope for a really great Voyage representation of that design someday, but this....this is not that design.

9. DeltaMagnus84

DeltaMagnus84 Engineer

Me see jet mode now? Heh, Thanks for all the new pics! The throttle bots are really impresive even without the fact that they combine. seriously, I need jet pics to pick one brainstorm over the other. The arm articulation seems better than Smart Robins. I like the Nemesis digibash. The MP10 Prime is a good nuff Prime for me.

10. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Chase is terrible.

It looks nothing like Chase and nothing like a Throttlebot.

-ZacWilliam, some change and updating is fine, no similarity at all = no sale.

11. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm loving ToyWorld's take on Brainstorm. As much as I like FP, I gotta go w/ TW here.

12. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus

News Credits:
    All these figures look amazing! Been waiting on this Optimus from when they released the teaser last year. Really need to replace classics Prime. Yes! A new Throttlebot. Never were into the Throttlebots as a kid but the design that Toyworld is giving them cannot be denied. Their Brainstorm looks way better than fansprojects. I am dropping out of Function X and going with Toyworlds Headmasters. Now to go sell or trade Code for Hardbone. Man, I've been getting rid of Fansproject stuff like I used to get rid of ex-girlfriends lately.

13. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

Was there a sentence hidden in that somewhere? Anyone?

14. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Wow! Optimus and Brainstorm look great!

15. GinoPuppy

GinoPuppy Star Seeker

YAY! I've been sad, not hearing any news about the throttlebots. They are one of my favorite 3rd party groups of toys.

Chase looks great, glad he's a lambo. I've been wanting a model of that lambo.

I like their headmasters, but i'm torn, cause i've preordered fp's. I may get both...

pass on prime. glad thay made it for those that need it for their megs. but i have mp-10 as my prime, so i'll not need this one.

great news overall!!

16. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Oh god all three of these. ALL OF MY LOVE

17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I give up, I just need to sign my checks over to these 3rd party guys and be done with it.

18. bigwhitey21

bigwhitey21 Well-Known Member

Throttlebot-bought
    Optimus-super bought
    Brainstorm-pass. I'm sticking with the FP update.

19. evers

evers Well-Known Member

all bought
    as far as brainstorm vs smart robin.....ankle tilts....and while I still need to see this ones vehicle mode, in bot mode this one is an instant "oh thats brainstorm!!" smart robin not so much, takes a minute longer
    hope they do a version of chromedome as well

*** only complaint are Primes legs seem plain

20. Necro Prime

Necro Prime Necrobot

They all look positively amazing. Super excited about Prime since the teaser image months ago. I was sufficiently bummed when he turned out to be legends size. My only bitch about Optimus, is that while he is totally accurate as far as his body goes, His head is off. Mostly due to his stubby horns. If they are going for comic accuracy, they need to be redone.
    [​IMG]

Also, I am now torn. I love the new "hardbone" Mold that they made. Especially because he is larger than the FansProject Head masters. I feel that as a tank, he should be so. But damn! I love this Brianstorm mold/concept. I guess if I was going for size realism in relation to vehicle modes, only Chromedome should be smaller than the rest. but on the other hand, he is also the team leader. (so many choices)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.