ToyWorld MP Seekers / Zeta Toys EX 15/16/17 Masterpiece Seekers

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, Dec 14, 2016.

1. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

God damnit, you know what would have been cool, to come with Ramjet I guess:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    They could transform into factory construction armatures like you would find in a car manufacturing plant, and then they could even peg into the bases and double up as repair arms and what have you.
    Then add the fact that you can put the jet mode amongst these arms and then sell the look of a human jet bunker.

And then maybe you could act something ridiculously awesome out like this

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jazz303

Jazz303 @cybertronwarriors on Instagram

I've had all three of the ToyWorld coneheads on pre-order, however TT Dirge just dropped. I have to admit he looks better than TT Ramjet and Thrust. So now I'm torn on whether to go with floppy official Seekers/coneheads or go awesome with TW. And no, I'm definitely not into the Yes Model coneheads.

Plus I finally received TT Skywarp today completing my TT Seeker set. Which makes me wanna go all official.

However, I'm sticking with my Despotron over TT Megatron, which makes me wanna go all 3P with my Decepticons (other than Shoundwave).

Tough decisions.

I do also love my ToyWorld Devastator. Hmm...

Come on ToyWorld, show me how awesome your Starscream is next to Despotron. My money will be your's.

3. Tormatron

Tormatron Well-Known Member

Starscream isn't supposed to be taller than Megatron. I would love another option besides the mp-11 mold, but I can't get behind these at least not to put with my main collection. Maketoys, whatcha got?

4. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just found out toy world is doing a slightly larger scale than MP, totally bummed. I've never been happy with the mp11 mold and with the recent release of the official cone heads it looks like seeker v3 isn't happening anytime soon.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Maketoys may have missed the boat on new MP Seekers, or at least a big slice of the pie.

6. Jazz303

I would love MakeToys to make a version or show some progress from their tease from a while back.

Yes, it does suck that the TW versions are much taller.

7. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the size. In fact I like everything bar the step in the nose-cone in alt-mode.

8. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the big size too.

9. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Coronation gear for everyone or for Starscream? Starscream makes sense. Everyone else, though...why?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    It would be nice and maybe encourage sales across the board if each one had different accessories - Starscream gets his dress, TC gets his dog, SW gets....whatever the hell he gets. I would hope they don't pull a KBB and give everyone the same stuff. Coronation capes for TC and SW were cool for about 5 minutes and then put back in the box forever.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jazz303

I'm definitely not hating the big size. Which is why my decision is so tough. From the photos of the coneheads next to Megatron, their heads meet in height. Only the nose cone makes them taller. Problem is, they will also be much taller thank my TT Soundwave and Shockwave. But maybe that's fine too.

12. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Yeah, that's a tough one, maybe you can display the TW seekers seperately ??
    I'm one that likes the slightly taller scale as well. I use Quakeblast as my Shockwave so scale isn't as much an issue as it is with Soundwave. I guess it all comes down to how you display them as well. Action poses may help to disguise scale problems, but if you're like me and just have them in static poses, then it's a tough one.
    I have plans to get all TW seekers and coneheads and use them in my current display.
    Any official (KBB or YM) seeker or conehead will be religated to a separate display shelf. Or as standalone figures like my YM Thrust. They're just too short in the up and coming 3rd party scale world. Can't wait to get all the TW cone heads (I've preorder the set, so I don't have any as yet)

Just with a few others here, (sorry for the crappy phone pic) you can see the odd figure out :D 

IMG_20161223_140639_.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

The one thing I hated about the G1 cartoon is that the seekers were shorter than Megatron just because he was leader. I find it funny that the cartoon got over that with characters like Cyclonus and Ultra Magnus being taller than their respective leaders by season 3. I love the idea of Starscream and his mighty seekers being the same height as Megatron. They are clearly more slender than Megatron so it doesn't matter in terms of strength or power. They are freaking jets! If weapon formers can mass transform, then jetformers should be able to stay enormous, and that's just my opinion. I will take the cone heads and regular seekers in every color, please!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Jazz303

I agree 100%. I was wondering if I should swap my Shockwave to Quakeblast to solve that problem. Seems to work well.

Soundwave will be the only odd man out.

As for me, I don't display my figures all at once. Just a scene at a time which I swap out once a month, so it'll seem that scale won't be much of an issue.

Thanks all. Problem solved. Going with my original plan, TW it is. FOR ALL THE SEEKERS.

15. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    From the ToyWorld WeChat group:

Not the final head sculpt. TW says it's a bit too small and they're reworking it.

265424051692480048.jpg 350462535383694692.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  16. Jeriboy54

Jeriboy54 Well-Known Member

It's won't take long for you to come across it. People treat Idw as blasphemy.

Anyways, Starscream is looking pretty good. Tempted to pick him up some time next year

• Like Like x 1
  17. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Proportions look better from that perspective.
    Love the feet and how specific they look to the toy and character of Starscream. This is just a really good mold !!!

But my main gripe, (and only for the seekers, not the coneheads) I know they won't change it. I really hope they do something about the tail fins and stabilizers coz it starts to lose that unique feel that the TW mold provides over the official.
    And effectively starts just looking like a cleaned up version of the official from the back. And for me, other than the massive cone sticking out of the back, the rear wings and fins hanging off the legs just don't scream a "Masterpiece" to me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Looks great,its interesting that TW who is known for sculpting small heads said its small to even them lol. But the only nitpick I can see is his wings would be nicer shoulder level height.

But I cant wait to see the colored images.

19. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    TW aren't trying to be Masterpiece. TW Devastator, Prime, and now Dirge and the rest of the seekers are very clearly trying to bring the Studio Ox art to life. That's probably also why they aren't MP scale, it isn't trying to be and it's better off if they're different

• Like Like x 3
  20. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Yes I know, thanks for pointing that out !!

When I said that, I was referring to the official, , in regards to the nose cone sticking out the back and the rear wings on the legs.. I was saying the official shouldn't be called a masterpiece.

But to address what you said, Yes, ive seen the art that reflects TWs studio ox angle.
    I agree that TW isn't MP scale, and i also agree that TW is better off being different.

My point was that, keeping the rear fins and stabilizers on the legs makes it the SAME as the official version. An I bet even that leg panel even slides up like the TT version as well !!

If u like the rear wings hanging off the legs, great !!!! , but I don't like it and it's one of the big reasons i don't like the official seekers.

That's why I hope that there may be, even a slight chance TW can fix this.

• Like Like x 1