ToyWorld MP Seekers / Zeta Toys EX 15/16/17 Masterpiece Seekers

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, Dec 14, 2016.

1. caudex

caudex New World Pre-Order

What am I missing? It looks like MP-11 with minimal improvements and a few downgrades - dat pea head for one.

2. twelvesam

twelvesam Animated Jumpstarter

Ebay:
    I agree with this guy. Like, Megatron-sized Seekers don't seem horrible offensive to the "reasonable person rule" and actually make intuitive sense. I like how these Seekers feel in hand (based on the TW Coneheads), so I'm in!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It does make sense, which is why in the end it does have to be your decision, no matter how well or poorly reasoned our thoughts are. With the Arcee example I had never really thought about what size she "should be" until I saw FT and MMC next to the Hot Rod options. However I had thought about how I saw her character, and that was as either an "older brother's (Springer) girlfriend" (I also thought about "older sister", but some characterization didn't work for me there). He tried to show off for her, but ultimately she largely ended up taking care of him. Because of that I came to the conclusion I want Arcee to be bigger than Hot Rod. I could live with the same size, but not smaller.

Another way to look at the RH Seekers is they stand in for Mass Shifting. Fighter jets are huge compared to cars, but there is only so much that can be done while keeping robots close to the same size. RH makes the larger jet mode while using someone else for the normal bot mode. I mostly do that with smaller scale Combiners, but the original team from the company that makes it, then get an OSKO for combined mode that has Mass Shifted up.

What they were thinking on MP-11 is actually very easy. They were thinking how could they make minimal changes to MP-3 cheaply to fit in with what they were doing with the line at the time without investing the money to make an actual new figure. I think I heard with MP-3 they were trying to focus more on an accurate jet, but that could have just been someone's wishful thinking.

I would recommend watching a review video on one of the ToyWorld/Zeta Coneheads (same mold as this). It is mostly things you can't see in pictures (again assuming these end up like their mold mates) such as improved articulation (first transforming seekers with a waist swivel I know of, though I've never gone through them all to confirm it), and MUCH more solid build quality (that torso won't come apart on you from basic handling). A couple of visual things is the jet nose section is fully integrated into the torso, so not hanging off the back or creating a big bulge covering it up on the back, and actual feet instead of those stupid toe panels other MP seekers have. I appreciated on the Coneheads that their head was the actual jet nose, not a faux one. It results in a taller cone in bot mode, but it fits better with what I want. Faces are not their strength, and definitely the worst part of the Coneheads.

• Like Like x 5
  4. twelvesam

twelvesam Animated Jumpstarter

Ebay:
    ABSOLUTELY

5. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is there a thread for the Coneheads or is this it?

6. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Broke as heck

News Credits:

• Like Like x 6
  8. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

too bad they didn't release these way back when they first released the Coneheads.
    I really wanted these but ended up getting the MT seekers instead and can't see these as being an upgrade.
    they do end up quite flat in bot mode which I really like !! too bad they didn't do much about the tailfins and pretty left them hanging on the legs like MP-11. Hope they do well either way

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cardboard Bots

Cardboard Bots Well-Known Member

Better late than never i guess

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

They look great honestly, especially that Starscream.

11. impossiball

impossiball Well-Known Member

The obvious question is; how tall are they?

12. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well this suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
    Probably the same height as their Coneheads.
    [​IMG]

13. impossiball

impossiball Well-Known Member

I know it's unlikely but i hope they downsized them a bit to match mp11 & co.

14. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Transformation in that stop motion vid looks good.

Zeta trolling TT again, as we approach the release of the new Seekers :confused: 

15. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Not quite nowhere, they had a standard Seeker on display the first time they showed off their combined Superion and Bruticus, I'd been begging for these guys for years.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    In that case then, so is Maketoys. We’ll see if Hasbro was serious about protecting its IP or if it was all about the crowdfunding.

17. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Did they screw that up? Why did they swap Skywarp and Thundercracker's logical fake names?

18. Lazerlips

Lazerlips Well-Known Member

These look pretty decent! Definitely look better than MP-11, probably not as fidgety as the Maketoys Seekers.

This year has been wild so far with all the reissues (fanstoys, badcube, gigapower, etc). My wallet has taken a pounding.

I'll probably hold off on these until some reviews roll in. Nice to see some new seekers though .

• Like Like x 1
  19. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  20. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

nosecone still ain't straight! ahha. the bot mode looks pretty good. Maybe i'll get the starscream because as seeker leader, maybe he deserves to be a bigger badder bot? i don't like how they went with body color for the chest "intake" fans instead of just dark grey or something. its slightly jarring on thundercracker and starscream. if they are easy enough to remove i'm definitely gonna repaint them. i also hope these are popular enough to warrant a decal set from either toyhax or other. top half of the kneepad being blank with no detailing is a bit jarring though cartoon accurate ....although toon accurate is not what this set does best....which is a good thing. who am i kidding i'm getting at least one. its the only seeker mold i don't have (yes i have all the mpish molds mp-3, igear, mp-11, maketoys, even a yesmodel mp-11 ko except this one), other than the unreleased mp-52. starscream is getting to be like prime. gotta get every decent one. haha. hope the pricing is similar to the conehead reissues they just did. i also like to think starscream got an upgrade so he can properly challenge megatron. haha

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1