ToyWorld MP Seekers (Not Starscream, TC, SW)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

2. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

I love the feet on these...finally, they're actually feet. But...the wings still have that annoying pointy tip hanging off of them. Put it on a hinge and have fold up to tab into the wing, please.

3. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

The pointy tip on the wings have precedent in the G1 cartoon. By that, what I mean is the G1 cartoon had wildly inconsistent art that presented every character a dozen different ways. Starscream sometimes had the pointy wing tips things, and sometimes he did not. Toys have differed on this (the G1 toy had the wing tips, the Classics toy did not, MP-11 Starscream has the tips, MP-03 does not, etc).

In my opinion, the "tips" and "no tips" look are both valid interpretations. Just like the "upside-down badge" and "rightside up badge" are both valid.

Personally, I like the wing tips. In the cartoon, it helps sell the illusion that the wings are actually part of a jet, and not just decorative.

s1.jpg s2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

Excuse me for the bump, but... With all these TW news, I'm wondering if these:

- are almost ready to go, so TW will release them anyway
    - they're not ready and they won't see the light
    - they will see the light, but as a Zeta product

Of course I don't know IF there is an answer now...

5. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    I put it in either the Superion or Bruticus thread, but anything that TW has already released is theirs, like the Conehead mold. As far as I know, the seekers, Arcee, Springer, Jazz, and Kup will still be released, and by TW. I will update all threads if and when I'm informed of anything different.

• Like Like x 7
  6. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    Crap…

Now I might have to replace my non-conehead seekers.

These are incredible!

8. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    @Qingtianzhu

Can you pls update the first page with the two pics you had shared before (your post #120), or with Daimchoc, below. Makes it easier to find all pics on first page. Thanks in advance.

18402862_454679808215785_7765294575757361385_n.jpg 18446790_454679811549118_5792591939146378509_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Wow, these definitely do not match the Takara look they are going for these days. Too detailed, not cartoony

10. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

What about the MT seekers, have you seen those?

11. autobot prowl

Nope, I don't follow mp's or the wannabe third party figures too closely

12. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Well thats because its TW....they dont do toon figures. o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  13. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Aw man. I haven't been following because this aint my thing, but you guys are getting mini Megatron, mini Shockwave, mini Reflector and mini Soundwave??
    Jealous!

14. autobot prowl

Oh no knock on TW, I like most of their designs. Just wished they still made an occasional CHUG type figure once in awhile

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

Aside for the wings being a hair too high above the shoulders in robot mode, I think this looks absolutely amazing! I wish we had a closer look at the head.

I want all 6 seekers but I will not spend 1 penny until I get the original 3 seekers first. I'm pretty sure the colors will be based off their G 1 toys since that's what they went for with the Coneheads.

Get on it! We are waiting!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Looks like they done nothing about the rear stabilizers/ fins on the legs !!
    That's just lazy to me !!

17. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I don't mind the wings on the ankles. I realize it's not accurate to the G1 cartoon, but the ankle-wings have shown up in several iterations of Starscream, including the G1 box art, the unused character model (before Floro Dery's revisions), and IDW's first Starscream design (F-22 body) had tail fins on Starscream's heels. Toywise, G1 Starscream had the tailfin ankles, as did Classics Starscream, and the MP Starscream v2 .

I think the ankle tail fins have made enough appearances on various versions of Starscream that it can be considered a valid interpretation of the character.

On a different note, although I appreciate and often enjoy G1 cartoon accuracy, I don't see the need to always be loyal to (really) a crudely-drawn cartoon. If a toy looks like it walked right out of the cartoon, (e.g., MP Megatron v2, MP Inferno), then...awesome! Love it. If a toy looks like it has the essence of a character while being a whole new design (e.g., Classics Optimus Prime, Generations Jetfire) then....awesome! Love it.

If a toy looks like an interpretation of the G1 cartoon design but has some artistic license with proportions and details (e.g., MP Grimlock, MP-10 Optimus Prime), then......that's cool too! This was Toyworld's approach for the Coneheads, and seems to be the approach for the seekers.

Plus, I think the tail fin ankles look pretty cool. I like it when a robot mode has (non-obtrusive) kibble that shows off that, yes, this is a transforming robot. I'm not too fond of large, unsightly pieces of unnecesary kibble (e.g., The Last Knight's Barricade backpack, the hip kibble on MP Starscream v1). Having the tail fins on the ankles is kind of like having a car's rearview mirror visible on the robot mode whereas it wasn't there on the cartoon. It's a fun piece of the vehicle that doesn't hinder any movement or present any major distraction to the "look" (again, see the hip kibble of the v1 MP Starscream).

Toyworld's Ramjet absolutely blew me away with its structural integrity, its proportions, and its articulation. Blows the Takara MP jets out of the water. It's everything a transforming jet should be. I expect their Starscream (and others) will be just as good.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I also own all 3 of TW cones heads. I think they're great as well !!! And I originally planned to get them all from TW as well.

But In regards to SS, the whole fin-stabilizer part should by all means no longer be kept on the leg. If it is, then at least they should have made it flip forward like the chug Seekers.

The modern age comes with modern changes. This includes the designs that couldn't be achieved in the 80 even maybe 90.
    We have that technology and designers coming up with new ways to achieve a transformation that we only dreamed was impossible.

Look at DX9 WIP seekers. When I look at mine, for something that is only 1/6 or so the size of an MP figure. They're able to do away with the rear fins and stabilizers, with minimal kibble !!! Actually, I'd take an upscaled DX9 seeker to use as an MP seeker because I think they nailed it (even though it may look weird upscaled).

If anything I hope DX9 does some MP seekers in a similar style to their WIP range just to prove my point. That rear fins and stabilizers should not be in the ankles ever again !!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Well-Known Member

With this mold, you can have a proper Emperor Starscream (after some customization) because he was upgraded and taller than his MP-11 self.