ToyWorld in 2017 survey

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I said the same as several others that they really could do well concentrating on the characters no one is doing...i think they could do well concentrating on CHUG scale G2, especially if they took what iGear teased with their raptor squadron and gave us more rapid releases where a character has similar transformations (the Predators, Skyscorchers, Flip changers and Fearswoop all use similar transformations and stylized versions would strike a chord if done well) I think in MP scale they habitually get lost in the shuffle.

• Like Like x 4
  2. OrangeDraft

OrangeDraft Just another humble servant of Unicorn

Or Transformers Prime in MP scale or CHUG Scale. With exception of RID Vehicon (heck, I LOVE this figure) and some of their first edition, most of their stuff are mundane or mediocre. I hope to see better Megatron, Soundwave (with chest tentacles) and Knockout. Ultra Magnus and Ratchet are needed!

And of course Beast Wars and Beast Machines

• Like Like x 1
  3. jiidee

jiidee Well-Known Member

My understanding is that Toyworld is mostly concerned with their home Chinese market and the western market is more of a secondary concern. Now I don't really know how well Prime did in China but I can't imagine that the demand for it is any where near as close as it'd be for G1 other other stuff. The same goes in the Western market too tbh.

I suppose the question as to what Toyworld will do in the future will be largely dependent upon what is desired in China. As much as I'd love a Marvel G2esque Jhaxius I don't think those came out in China so I'd be shocked if they'd consider doing it (despite the fact that their design aesthetic would work so well with it imo).

For that matter what came out in China back in the day? I know that Beast Wars did as people have had super crazy deals buying cheaper legit chinese versions of Beast Wars stuff. Did G2 come out there? I pray that it did.
    I believe that the "Takara trilogy" shows aired there but I don't know about the toys.

4. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    Well, the point of this survey is they want to appeal more to all markets. As far as Prime goes, I think it did well. I have my little Chinese Roku-like box for my TV and like every TF series is available to watch. Some of my friends here who are collectors grew up with G1 too...just a little bit later. But I think it's a bit early in all markets for Prime MPs...but stranger things have happened.

5. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    And for that matter, to any company, where's my bloody MP Star Convoy or any Super/Ultra Megatron????

• Like Like x 1
  6. jiidee

jiidee Well-Known Member

Right behind the M25 Tank Transporter Dragon Wagon Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OrangeDraft

Glad to hear that I still have chance to see this series get better treatment.

8. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

Just submitted. Hoping for more mainline and less masterpiece.
    Toyworld seems to get most of their figures just a hair away from great, but often just miss the mark. I always get one and think "This would be great if x, y and z".

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing their stuff in 2017

9. jiidee

jiidee Well-Known Member

The only issue I find with TW stuff is that on occasion they opt for odd face sculpts, and if anything sometimes the tolerances on their pegs/posts etc are too tight. Almost like there's not enough allowance for clearances which instead rely on the stength or flexibility of the plastic to compensate. It's something I can deal with as I'm not scared to shave or sand a post here and there but I can see how it'd be off putting to some.

10. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    I submitted my survey. I had some things to voice as a potential customer...but to this day I have not purchased any Toyworld products for one reason or another, though they have a lot of potential in my view.

11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Any chance at an MP Thundertron is a good one.

12. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

I loved the Throttlebots, but I don't do combiners. I would love to get a Shinebug without the extra cost of the combiner parts. A redeco or remold would be fine. Such as finishing the Cliffjumper proto we saw some time back.

13. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might be the only one... but I want someone to do Pretenders. (Full Pretenders, I mean.) Literally no one is doing them so far. (Again, full ones.) And I think ToyWorld's approach would mesh well with their looks. My survey responses reflect this desire. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  14. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure the feedback was all over the place. Liking their Throttlebots, I suggested they take a crack at the Duo-Cons since they were kind of chibi in bot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

I submitted as well. I'd like to see them make G1 Masterpiece combiners & S1-S3 Decepticons (with more Animation accuracy). Also, most importantly....please make a Scorponok for Infinitor!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. roach

roach Well-Known Member

Would love to see cartoon accurate mp stunticons

• Like Like x 1
  17. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    Hello everyone.

Again, thank you all for the response, there has been nearly 400 people that have taken the survey. I will be shutting it down later tonight (late morning for you US people) so I can finish analyzing the results. There are some big trends in the advice and wants, it really did not end up as all-over-the-place as I thought it would. This data will be translated and sent to TW over the weekend. I can't promise any great changes, well, because I'm not them. But, I think enough concerns have been mentioned over and over again to affect some change. If TW is smart, they'll adopt at least some of the recommendations.

There are also a number of character names that have been repeated over and over again in the wants, without spoiling anything, some of them are in the development stage already. But I think I can safely say there's going to be more Combiners and Minibots. This was kind of a cool experiment on their part, so let's see if it makes any difference.

Again, thank you very much, we have a damn cool fandom.

• Like Like x 9
  18. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

Yay combiners :D  oh please2 the Torso-bots have the 3rd-mode

oh crap, another wishlist T_T

19. OrangeDraft

Thank you for your work.
    I hope we all can see how the results turns out.
    Again, thank you very much.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

I went with CHUG scale IDW stuff. Cartoon accurate G1 MP has been done to death and back. I want new stuff that synergizes with what Hasbro is currently up to.